Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2014, 23:37   #6496
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
Try and check if it helps:
Step 1: Turn off the bluetooth on your cellphone.
Step 2: Increase all the volumes, i.e. ringing, notifications, media etc (should not be in the silent or vibration more)
Step 3: Turn on the bluetooth check if its fixed or not.
Thanks but that doesn't work either. Has anyone actually heard the voice navigation through sync? mine is a google nexus 4 with maps.
Old 11th February 2014, 06:55   #6497
Senior - BHPian

Yes, voice navigation does work over sync. Loud and clear - HTC One S
Old 11th February 2014, 08:10   #6498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Yes, voice navigation does work over sync. Loud and clear - HTC One S
can you please share if you need to do any extra setting in the sync to enable that? I have tried with 2 different phones and it doesn't work.
Old 11th February 2014, 08:50   #6499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1974 View Post
can you please share if you need to do any extra setting in the sync to enable that? I have tried with 2 different phones and it doesn't work.
The first time around, the voice navigation didn't play over Sync, so I had to disconnect Bluetooth and re-connect again. Since then, it works without any fuss.
Old 11th February 2014, 11:44   #6500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1974 View Post
Thanks but that doesn't work either. Has anyone actually heard the voice navigation through sync? mine is a google nexus 4 with maps.
I have a Nexus 4. Initially, I had problems while pairing it with the Ford Audio System. After the pairing, its working like a charm i.e. Picking calls, navigation sounds, playing music, notifications etc.

Try this. Go to the Paired Bluetooth Devices, select the Settings icon on the right of FORD AUDIO and tick both Phone Audio and Media Audio. I hope it helps.
the13thtee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 12:30   #6501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_ramesh99 View Post
Took delivery of my Diamond White Titanium optional model today after a wait of exactly 7 months. I had booked this on 27th of June from Metro Ford Bangalore.

Extended Warranty

Some one called me from Ford and intimated that 3rd year extended warranty will be offered free of cost as a means of thanking for this long wait. The dealer, however mentioned that nothing has been communicated to them. If I get any mail from Ford, the dealer will refund the amount
Update on extended warranty offer from Ford

After some inquiry with Ford customer care, they have clarified that there is an offer of 3rd year extended warranty and 3 year service holiday for people who booked the car before 5th September 2013 and have not yet cancelled the booking.

I had already taken 3rd and 4th year extended warranty and have asked the dealer to refund the amount for the 3rd year. The SA mentioned that they will do so as soon as they receive the extended warranty from Ford. The mail from customer care was copied to dealer and I do not know what is that they are waiting now. Any case need to follow up with them now.

I should point out that so far (in two of the cases that I initiated) I found Ford customer care responsive. I hope it remains that way.

Please find the text of the mail I received from customer care

This mail is in continuation to our earlier correspondences and telecom discussions that we had with your good self-regarding your New vehicle delivery . We sincerely value your patronage for Ford India and appreciate the time you have taken to communicate with us.

Input costs have been consistently increasing and this is expected to continue for the foreseeable future too. Although we have absorbed increases in costs over the past period, the situation is such that we now need to revise the prices of our vehicles. Hence to challenge the market dynamics in recent times there has been frequent changes in terms of input cost pricing for which every manufacturers reserves the rights as its mentioned in order booking form and our product promotional. However, to support our valuable customers who had booked their New EcoSport before 5th of September 2013 and have not yet been cancelled/delivered a car we are pleased to extend our good will support of Special Service Holiday Package only to enhance your confidence on our services, the details of the same are as follows:

Service Holiday Package –
3rd Year Extended Warranty ( The overall warranty prong would read as 3 years from the date of sale or 100000(one lakh) kms whichever occurs earlier)
· Scheduled Service Plan 3Years / 30K Kms ( Whichever occurs earlier)

3Years Road Side Assistance ( from the date of sale)

Terms & Conditions (Scheduled Service Plan 3Years / 30K Kms) :

Package covers the below:
Scheduled / Periodic Maintenance Service needs of a vehicle (as per Owner’s Manual) like Engine oil, Oil filter, Air filter etc.
Non-scheduled Maintenance - Mechanical & Electrical repairs required if any like Engine Parts, Transmission parts, starter motor etc..
Labour for all the above
Road side Assistance - Towing the vehicles in case of breakdown due to Mechanical/ Electrical failures, Road accident or Driver errors like key lost/locked keys etc.

Package does not include:
Wear and tear items for which the wear pattern completely depends on the driving conditions and usage i.e. clutch, Brake Pads , Wiper blades etc. ( refer owner’s manual for more detailed clarity)
External impact , body shop repairs, tyres. ( For tyres – respective tyre manufacturer’s warranty support is as applicable)
n_ramesh99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 13:01   #6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_ramesh99 View Post
Update on extended warranty offer from Ford

After some inquiry with Ford customer care, they have clarified that there is an offer of 3rd year extended warranty and 3 year service holiday for people who booked the car before 5th September 2013 and have not yet cancelled the booking.

[/i]
Thanks for sharing this! the dealership's keep trying to lie. I didn't know this till you shared the post

SO.. I'm expecting delivery within the next five days and my dealer, SC Ford, Mumbai was trying to sell me insurance (double the market quote) and a spare wheel cover (which I didn't want), telling me that this is mandatory. When I told him I dont want either, he told me "Sir, we're giving you third year extended warranty at no extra cost, you should at least get this from us".

Not sure if I'm buying a ford again. Definitely sure I'm not booking through these guys.
Old 11th February 2014, 16:45   #6503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Over a 100 kph, GTO found the steering twitchy and a bit dead in the straight ahead position. Also weird that he had to make continuous corrections when driving in a straight line at speed.
The above quote is from the review. Am surprised no users has ever mentioned anything about it after that. Am I the only person who feels exactly the same in the ecosport? On the elevated highway I find it rather annoying that I have to keep correcting the steering, especially considering that the lanes are narrow.

In other news, I got my first rattle today, a rumbling sound from the instrument cluster while driving on a rough surface. Signs of things to come.
blacksport is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 18:27   #6504
Distinguished - BHPian

The EcoSport will soon have a sunroof, 17-inch wheels & smoked alloys added to the 1.0L EcoBoost Titanium (O) variant, reports Overdrive.

Quote:
A Ford official confirmed that this is indeed part of their plans. The EcoSport with a sunroof will be made available to customers in a few months. It will be available only in the top end EcoBoost trim and will be priced around Rs 50,000-60,000 more. Not only this, the EcoSport sunroof model will come with 17-inch rims and blacked out alloys.
Old 11th February 2014, 20:52   #6505
BHPian

A friend who is working with a Ford dealership in Pune said me they have four Petrol EcoSports. Anyone interested?
Old 11th February 2014, 21:26   #6506
BHPian

My Ecosport is due for first service tomorrow. Anything particular to keep in mind? I plan to change the engine oil even though it's not required until 10k kms.

Thanks for your help fellow owners.
Old 11th February 2014, 22:58   #6507
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
My Ecosport is due for first service tomorrow. Anything particular to keep in mind? I plan to change the engine oil even though it's not required until 10k kms.

I believe engine oil change is not required in the first service itself. You may change when the car is about an year old. However if you think it is really needed, u could change the oil within 6000kms. I don't think engine oil change is really necessary during the first service.
Old 12th February 2014, 11:18   #6508
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians,

Are the Ecosport headlamps compatible to directly install a Bi-xenon HID kit (H4) without any mods or the projectors are also necessary? I'm new at this stuff so it may sound funny.
Old 12th February 2014, 12:33   #6509
BHPian

Quote:

Got my first service done few days back. Mine is a 1.5 AT. Dealer had been persistent with reminders every few days.

Its more of a check-up. No oil change is necessary. No charges. The car is washed and vacuumed. Total time taken is 3-4 hours.

Advised that next service is due within 12 months or 10k. That service will involve oil change (paid) and wheel alignment (paid). The labour for service shall be free.

Why should wheel alignment be paid, when its not a consumable?
Old 12th February 2014, 13:29   #6510
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I thought of changing my engine oil at my first service, but didn't, since I'd done only about 2000 kms and the car was just 10 weeks old. I intend to do it in another month or two, when the car will be 6 months old, and has about 4000-5000 km on the odo, especially since I'll view the engine as being fully run in by then.

How much has your car run, and how many months since purchase? It might not be a financially prudent decision to change it too early.

Although if you wish to change the oil for peace of mind, that is also fine, nothing wrong in that (and quite a few people swear by this). Just a couple of points:
  • Seeing you've got the EcoBoost, do let me know the brand & specification of engine oil that Ford's ASS use, and take your manual along to confirm they're putting in what's prescribed (Castrol 5W-20).
  • Also, ensure that the oil filter is changed at the same time as the oil. The quantity of oil to fill in is 4.1L when you change the oil filter (without the oil filter change it requires only 4L). For billing and convenience, Ford's ASS might opt to just do the 4L job without replacing the oil filter - be firm and ensure they do it to your requirements. I'd also suggest you pay for 5L of new oil, and keep the additional 900 ml for your personal use, rather than let them use 4 x 1L bottles and source 100 ml from some dubious source.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks