Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2014, 20:40   #6466
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Not good news for guys waiting for Ecosport deliveries!

Quote:
Ford EcoSport waiting periods may be extended
Ford India unable to meet production targets owing to material shortage; third shift yet to start at Chennai plant.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-371404.aspx
Old 5th February 2014, 09:49   #6467
BHPian

Hi everyone, I have just been welcomed into this forum. I too took delivery of a white ecosport AT last week from delhi ford. Thanks to this forum for providing me so much knowledge about this car. Seems suddenly a lot of AT cars are being delivered although the dealer said they only get 1 or 2 in a month.
sunny1974 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 13:04   #6468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1974 View Post
Hi everyone, I have just been welcomed into this forum. I too took delivery of a white ecosport AT last week from delhi ford. Thanks to this forum for providing me so much knowledge about this car. Seems suddenly a lot of AT cars are being delivered although the dealer said they only get 1 or 2 in a month.
Congratulations Sunny,
It good to know that many ATs are being delivered.
Post some interior and exterior pictures of your beauty.

Also waiting to see an initial ownership rewiew of AT.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 14:54   #6469
BHPian

AT Owners: In Manual mode (sports mode ) how do you change gears since I don't see a clutch.
Old 5th February 2014, 15:29   #6470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
AT Owners: In Manual mode (sports mode ) how do you change gears since I don't see a clutch.
Move the shift lever to 'S'. There are two + - buttons on the driver's side of the shift lever. Use those to manually change the gears. Go enjoy!
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 16:49   #6471
BHPian

Quote:
Just press the '+' or '-' buttons on the lever. The clutch is in-built and automatic.

If you want kick-down in "D" mode, floor the accelerator pedal and ease pressure once the down shift happens.
Old 6th February 2014, 23:25   #6472
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians, and Ecosport admirers, I've been following this thread as a guest since more than a year now so didn't have the privilege to post. The Team-BHP membership just got approved, so now I can share my bit on my Ecosport 1.5L Petrol Trend, Manual Transmission.

Here goes my experience with the Ford Ecosport:

Pre-booked on: June 1st, 2013

Paid the total funds (On road price) Rs. 7.6 lacs (approx.): June 29th, 2013

Delivered on: August 9th, 2013

The car was the 1st*1.5L Petrol manual transmission to be delivery from the Harpreet Showroom, Gurgaon, also the 1st*on this thread then (I don't know if anyone has a 1.5L Petrol manual transmission on this thread yet)

*Why Ecosport?

The car has perfect specifications, ergonomics, size, styling, pricing, features and all the bells and whistles requisite to a buyer. The aerodynamic and futuristic design, ground clearance and decent boot offered by the car of this segment and price, is phenomenal.

*Why a Petrol over a Diesel?

Monthly running of less than 1000 km. (About to cross 7000 km)
Limited funds of around 8 lacs and most importantly ABS was needed too, as a safety feature.

My driving experience and performance review:

The 1.5L petrol engine is that silent that I, at times, feel that it's turned off.
The only sound that I hear inside the cabin is of the exhaust system that too at RPMs more than 3000 and the sound is such sweet, that I don't feel the need of a k&n in my car.

The stock music system, no other car manufacturer is even closer to what ford offers in this range, and when clubbed with the noise insulation, the experience is best in class.

Now the important part, the torque, is adequate and constant throughout 1500 to 3000 RPM after which there is an increase upto 4500 RPM (I've never gone above that). But the peppiness and promptness is missing like the honda city ivtec. For example: While over taking you step down to a lower gear and look for a punch. The punch comes at around 3000 RPM when you're already half way down so I have to shift accordingly so that I get to around 2500 RPM before over taking.

I'm running on MRFs and I feel the road noise is quite noticable, especially on concrete roads even when the pressure is set at 30 psi. The front suspension gets a sound of a thug in sudden potholes.

Mileage check: Following the tank full method both in city and highway, I'm extracting 12-13 kmpl in city with the AC turned on and off at different time intervals and on highways I'm getting good 14 kmpl running around 90-100 kmph. So, a decent mileage of 13-14 kmpl is easy on my pocket too.

I've installed a rear view camera and sensors by the ford dealer but not actually by ford. The name is 3T (nice try). I'm not satisfied at all as the display screen has a very bad contrast, can't use it in daytime and the two sensors in the middle don't work at all so I need to catch hold of of my SA for that matter.
I'm looking forward to install bi-xenons and drls following the footsteps of ecosport_rules.

I really want to thank ecosport_rules for his contribution to the thread and inspiring others to share their heart out.

Pictures of my baby = coming soon !

the13thtee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 10:18   #6473
BHPian

Quote:
On the central display there are five indicators for CD, Aux Phone etc.
They become visible when the car is started and turn amber when that particular item is used.

1) What is the last one for? It has a sort of snow flake symbol.
2) Until today evening I did not notice it, but it becomes visible as soon as the ignition is turned on. I am not sure if that was happening till this morning. The only change since this evening is I used the 12 V outlet for the first time .
This is the symbol I referred to in my post.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport-symbol.jpg  

Old 7th February 2014, 11:50   #6474
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is the symbol I referred to in my post.
That's the icon for accessing the settings - to control things like phone pairing, ICE balance/equalizer, units to display distance (km/L or L/km) and time (12 hr vs. 24 hr format).
Old 7th February 2014, 12:20   #6475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
That's the icon for accessing the settings - to control things like phone pairing, ICE balance/equalizer, units to display distance (km/L or L/km) and time (12 hr vs. 24 hr format).
My question is: Why is it ON. All the others come ON only when that item is used. E.g., If Aux is used that icon turns amber. But this icon is always ON. Is it ON for everyone as soon as ignition is turned ON?
Old 7th February 2014, 12:51   #6476
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My question is: Why is it ON. All the others come ON only when that item is used. E.g., If Aux is used that icon turns amber. But this icon is always ON. Is it ON for everyone as soon as ignition is turned ON?
Its on for me once the ignition is turned on.

The clock also turns on at the same time, even if my ICE is switched off. I presume that its on since you can still access clock settings.
arunphilip is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 14:46   #6477
Senior - BHPian

Got my hands on some export data. I saw that there are on an average 100 Ecosports being exported every month from India. In January 2014, 297 Ecosports were exported from India to places like Belgium, Australia, South Africa, El-Salvador, Mexico, Taiwan, Nepal, Germany, UAE, the Netherlands, Guatemala, United States, Nigeria, Sri Lanka and another 30 countries!! No wonder the waiting periods keep on increasing.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 17:35   #6478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
I saw that there are on an average 100 Ecosports being exported every month from India.
Ford must mention this with the VIN number,
Ford Ecosport: Made in India but not for India
Old 7th February 2014, 19:43   #6479
Senior - BHPian

Hi all, I am posting here important info about Diesel TRONIC which is now available for the Ford Ecosport with 4-switchable driving modes. Here is an illustration with performance figures.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-529461_10151959945604779_1753439437_n.jpg
Thanks

AD

Source: https://www.facebook.com/RaceDynamicsIndia
ad3952n is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2014, 08:05   #6480
BHPian

Quote:
There is a triptronic as mentioned to your response. Would like to add
1. when you goto sports mode the change of gear happens later( that's after giving more power at that gear). The power response is much more than d mode. This is sometimes beneficial for the sluggish response on flyovers etc.
2. If you don't touch the triptronic +/- it automatically selects the gears according to the sports mode ratio.
3. However as soon as you touch the =/- buttons it goes into manual triptronic mode and goes by the gears you select.
4. However the downshift of the gears is automatic as soon as the computer feels the gear is too high to power the vehicle. This is true for most vehicles which are automatic. Then you need to upshift again when you feel so. My BMW also behaves the same way.
5. If you really want to stretch your mileage you can use this triptronic mode and get a much better mileage but practically I doubt if anyone uses this mode as you get so used to the automatic.
6. This is sometimes useful for overtaking maneuvers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks