Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2014, 11:00   #6451
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0r View Post
Just remembered that, I saw MRF on my Ecosport AT which is supposed to be delivered on tuesday.

Gurus : Suggestions needed for upgrading the stock tyres, stuck between yokos, bridgestones and others.

Car will be primarily used on ok-ok roads 70% of the times and bad roads 30% everyday for a round trip of 20-30KM

Budget : around 2-3K + exchange money

(very excited)
Hi raz0r,
Congratulations on getting delivery of the rarest ES. I have the same color AT. Mine came with Goodyears, and they are good - I use them with 30psi in city and the ride is comfortable. I am very satisfied with the car overall. Just wish it had a slightly more powerful engine.
Old 2nd February 2014, 15:40   #6452
BHPian

Quote:
Update:

Getting delivery of my Mars Red Ecosport AT on tuesday, all formalities done:
Congrats razor. So you have seen the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel
Enjoy your ride.
Even mine in similar color has been allotted and should be ready for delivery by end of this week.

Cheers.
Old 2nd February 2014, 16:27   #6453
BHPian

Quote:
Just remembered that, I saw MRF on my Ecosport AT which is supposed to be delivered on tuesday.

Gurus : Suggestions needed for upgrading the stock tyres, stuck between yokos, bridgestones and others.

Car will be primarily used on ok-ok roads 70% of the times and bad roads 30% everyday for a round trip of 20-30KM

(very excited)
Hi rz0r

Getting the MRFs isn't such a bad thing, if you are planning to upgrade your tyres. I got a discount of Rs6,000/tyre for trading in the MRFs for new Michelins, while I was offered new Goodyears for only Rs4,900/tyre (actual price without trade in). So I could actually have gotten money back for swapping MRFs with the Goodyears. Didn't get a clear answer from dealer for the difference in the prices between the two though. I'm not sure on the technical side, but in terms of brand value Goodyear is much ahead of MRF so for me it was quite surprising.

For the upgrade, you can't go wrong with Michelin Primacy 3ST. They cost me Rs3,000/tyre after trading in the MRFs so they fit in your budget as well.

Cheers!
param22k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2014, 20:06   #6454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Congratulations raz0r, mars red is a beauty.
Hope you took the teambhp PDI check list along.

Congratulations mate.This is the first time I am congratulating two guys on a single day.
Hope the delivery numbers have gone up.

The rear wheel cover is around 12000 and the engine guard is around 8500.
However you can call a couple of dealers in your city and the neighbouring cities to cross verify the prices

You can also check out my thread on initial ownership regarding any accessory for the Ecosport .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuraj Ennai View Post
Hi raz0r,
Congratulations on getting delivery of the rarest ES. I have the same color AT. Mine came with Goodyears, and they are good - I use them with 30psi in city and the ride is comfortable. I am very satisfied with the car overall. Just wish it had a slightly more powerful engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbranded View Post
Congrats razor. So you have seen the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel
Enjoy your ride.
Even mine in similar color has been allotted and should be ready for delivery by end of this week.

Cheers.
Thanks Guys.

ecosport rules, I have been following this thread from "day one", haven't missed a single post.

I will be going to Lajpat Nagar after delivery of my Ecosport AT, few things I will be hunting for are:

1. Better tyres (Yoko ES501, Michelin 3 ST, BridgeStone MY02, Pirelli P4 Four Seasons) - I got the MRFs

2. Chrome window garnish (only the lower garnish) (pic attached)

3. Chrome Automatic or Auto Badge

4. Seat Covers - (Dealership didn't had good options) - will only be considering seat covers which do not interfere with AirBag deployment (weak stitched on the airbag side)

I will be trying to experiment and see if I can get my Galaxy Tab 7" mounted on my dashboard (will only do it if it looks flawless)

I am new to Lajpat Nagar Market - Guys guide me to good shops if you have any favourites.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screen-shot-20140202-7.59.19-pm.png  

Old 3rd February 2014, 01:46   #6455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

Congratulations mate.This is the first time I am congratulating two guys on a single day.
Hope the delivery numbers have gone up.

The rear wheel cover is around 12000 and the engine guard is around 8500.
However you can call a couple of dealers in your city and the neighbouring cities to cross verify the prices

You can also check out my thread on initial ownership regarding any accessory for the Ecosport .
Thanks bro.
Seems like the dealer is offering me accessories at widely prevalent prices. I feared they would overcharge me as I didn't take insurance from them despite their best attempts at hustling me. How Ford can allow their dealers to behave like this and destroy credibility with customers is beyond me.

By the way, have referred to your ownership thread multiple times for accessory options and pictures. You've done some neat work on your ride. Its obvious that a lot of time and effort has been invested in your Ecosport. Hats off to that!
param22k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 02:02   #6456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by param22k View Post
How Ford can allow their dealers to behave like this and destroy credibility with customers is beyond me.

By the way, have referred to your ownership thread multiple times for accessory options and pictures. You've done some neat work on your ride. Its obvious that a lot of time and effort has been invested in your Ecosport. Hats off to that!
Hi param,

Once the competition like Maruthi and Hyundai bring in their mini SUVs things will settle down in favour of the customer.

It is rumored that XA alfa will be here by the end of this year.
Old 3rd February 2014, 02:04   #6457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Guys.

ecosport rules, I have been following this thread from "day one", haven't missed a single post.

I will be going to Lajpat Nagar after delivery of my Ecosport AT, few things I will be hunting for are:

1. Better tyres (Yoko ES501, Michelin 3 ST, BridgeStone MY02, Pirelli P4 Four Seasons) - I got the MRFs

2. Chrome window garnish (only the lower garnish) (pic attached)

3. Chrome Automatic or Auto Badge

4. Seat Covers - (Dealership didn't had good options) - will only be considering seat covers which do not interfere with AirBag deployment (weak stitched on the airbag side)

I will be trying to experiment and see if I can get my Galaxy Tab 7" mounted on my dashboard (will only do it if it looks flawless)

I am new to Lajpat Nagar Market - Guys guide me to good shops if you have any favourites.
For Tyres, BK Tyres in Lajpat Nagar and there is also Shyam Tyre House nearby, gives you option of two stores.

For Chrome Garnish, Ahuja Car Decor opposite BK Tyres. Gaurav is a wonderful person to deal with.

For Seat Covers, since you've Airbags in the Seats, I'm sceptical of you finding the right Seat Cover but check out Elegant for this job, I'm hopeful of a solution there but do bargain hard.

For Mounting Galaxy Tab, Elegant might be of help or otherwise Motor Concept, Kirti Nagar will surely be of help.

For Chrome Automatic Badge, check Dasmesh Automotive near Railway Crossing. Ask anyone for Amritsari Meat Wala near the Flyover and the store is in the same line. Emblems should be available.
tsk13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 06:56   #6458
BHPian

Quote:

(very excited)
With my experience, MRF will give a longer mileage to the tyres if you do the alignment in ever 3000 or 5000 KM at least. If you are going through bad roads I advise to do it in every 3000 KM . The one major problem with MRF is the road noise and the second one is grip. If you are ok with these two you can go with MRF. With my experience, MRF gives at least 20% more life than a Good Year on the same car.
anumod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 15:32   #6459
BHPian

Quote:

(very excited)
With your travel profile, i guess you are better off with stock MRFs. Michelin Primacy and Yokos dB will be prone to damages on bad roads. My suggestion is if you can live with some road noise then stick to MRFs and be little careful during the initial run-in (500-600 KMs). MRFs have hard rubber so they will be less susceptible to damage and will also last long.
You can also consider Bridgestone if you really need to change.
Old 4th February 2014, 01:22   #6460
BHPian

Some queries regarding Ecosport features.
Is the IRVM supposed to be electronically dimming?
I've noticed that there are a number of features shown in the quick guide DVD which have been omitted from even the top end model (TDCI Titanium(O)). The ones I've noticed are auto-headlamps, rear fog lights and HSA. Anyone noticed other omissions?

Do you think it is only because of cost cutting or maybe Ford felt some of these features are not required in Indian conditions? Most of these are convenience features but I'm not particularly happy with the omission of rear fog lights. They can be life savers in winter foggy conditions.
Old 4th February 2014, 08:15   #6461
Senior - BHPian

Just saw this news on IAB.

Brazil – Ford EcoSport recalled for defective tires

Quote:
According to the company, the tires could develop air bubbles which could compromise the maneuverability and hence increase the risk of an accident. Indian customers of the EcoSport do not need to worry about the issue as Brazil gets locally manufactured models.
Old 4th February 2014, 09:16   #6462
BHPian

Thanks all for the valuable inputs.

I got the delivery of my Mars Red Ecosport AT yesterday. (still can't believe it)

One question though, I couldn't find any information on breakin period in the Owner's Manual, can someone enlighten me about driving the car in the initial few thousand kilometres.

When I drove the car back home yesterday, I found it very difficult to keep the revs under 2000rpm as the car will only move like a snail.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-image_4_730104855_10196.jpg.jpg  

raz0r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 10:51   #6463
BHPian

Quote:

I got the delivery of my Mars Red Ecosport AT yesterday. (still can't believe it)

One question though, I couldn't find any information on breakin period in the Owner's Manual, can someone enlighten me about driving the car in the initial few thousand kilometres.

When I drove the car back home yesterday, I found it very difficult to keep the revs under 2000rpm as the car will only move like a snail.
Congrats for the new car. I drove sedately for the first thousand Kms. Even if its not mentioned in the manual it's better you do so. Don't keep a strict rpm limit just see that you don't rev the engine too much. Mine is a Tdci.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 11:33   #6464
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations!
I also felt that Car is underpowered on the day of delivery. The reason is car weighs 1200kg and petrol engine is not one of the refined ones.
For run-in tips, have a look at Team BHP advice section:
http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/how-run-your-new-car

I would recommend taking it easy and keep the rpms as mentioned in the above section even if it means hearing few honks in initial days.

Wish you thousands of happy miles. The more you'll drive, the more you'll fall in love with this car.
TSIched'Out is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 12:36   #6465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...One question though, I couldn't find any information on breakin period in the Owner's Manual, can someone enlighten me about driving the car in the initial few thousand kilometres.

Congrats.

1. Keep the rpm around 2-2.5K
2. Keep varying the rpms and do NOT stick on to same rpm for extended period of time
3. AVOID hard braking and hard acceleration for the first 1000 kms
4. Once you cover 500 kms, drive at around 3-3.5K rpm.
5. After completing ~750 kms, try redlining once in a while (after engine is warmed up).
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed