Old 23rd December 2013, 17:31   #6016

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Ecosport prices being revised again in January !!

See attached letter from MD, Ford India !
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ford-letter-001.jpg  

Old 23rd December 2013, 17:57   #6017

Originally Posted by ved View Post
Finally cancelled my booking for Ecosport 1L Ecoboost Titanium(O).
Welcome to the club, I have cancelled mine in the last week and yet to get the refund. Hope they don't take ages for it. My dealer didn't even bother to apologize me for the inconvenience caused.
BTW which car are you considering then?
Old 23rd December 2013, 18:00   #6018

Originally Posted by ask4gautam View Post
Ecosport prices being revised again in January !!
See attached letter from MD, Ford India !
Is this the same letter you attached a couple of pages before?
Price hikes in January is pretty standard across all manufacturers. But IMO, it’s quite childish for Ford to offer lesser (or non-moving) models as an alternative to the Ecosport. If they cannot deliver on schedule, the buyer normally looks for alternate options in the same segment or above instead of looking a step below, unless s/he is a hardcore Ford aficionado.

And I read in one of the Ecosport UK review that Ford has a target (in 2014) to sell around 4000 cars in the UK. If they focus on the exports, it’s possible that the delivery schedules may not get better anytime soon, especially on the top variants.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 18:17   #6019

Originally Posted by Anuraj Ennai View Post
Hi Team-BHPians,
Also what is the price of rubber trunk mat for ES? Any alternative in the market?
I'm actually in search of alternative trunk mat. Sadly, I couldn't find any other alternative in market apart from the DIY noodle mats which is far cheaper and serves the purpose well.
Old 23rd December 2013, 18:25   #6020

Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Ecosport Owners: Kindly provide a review of the stock horn and headlights of your cars.

I have booked the base version and thinking whether fog lights are essential.
The vehicle has arrived at the dealership and the payment was made today. As per VIN number, the vehicle was made on 30th of november.

The vinyl seat cover was added into the 'essential pack'. I added fog lamps as well(Rs.8400- it was 6300 two months back). Delivery to be taken on friday.
Old 23rd December 2013, 19:15   #6021

Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

My vehicle got delivered on 26th June 2013 and I haven't yet received my extended warranty papers.

Hi, i took delivery of my ecosport in Sep'13. I just got some photocopy of extended warranty receipt from my dealer when i took the delivery. Should i expect any document Ford regarding extended warranty??

Also, when i did my first service, i did check with the service center and they confirmed that their internal online records of ownership shows my extended warranty details.
Old 23rd December 2013, 19:20   #6022

Hi guys,
Just came across the DC modified ecosport.Enjoy
Both the exteriors and interiors look awesome.
The modification was done on a trend model.

Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
The arguement dealer is giving is that he has added handling charges and the insurance of the vehicle from the stock yard till his showroom. This is bad practice and clear case of cheating IMO. Ford now is protecting the dealer saying that it is approved by ford india.
Handling charges are pretty common and is approved by the company.
That is the reason it is printed on the quote.

Is this the same letter you attached a couple of pages before?
And I read in one of the Ecosport UK review that Ford has a target (in 2014) to sell around 4000 cars in the UK. If they focus on the exports, it’s possible that the delivery schedules may not get better anytime soon, especially on the top variants.
My dealer was saying his allotments were cut down to half because of exports.

When questioned the company responds saying
"what to do we have thin margins if sold in India and hefty margins for exports"

Ecosport titanium optional equivalent(11.5in India) is sold close to 16 lakhs in other countries.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20131223wa0003.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20131223wa0000.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20131223wa0002.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20131223wa0001.jpg  

ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 19:44   #6023

[quote="ecosport rules;3326610"]Hi

Handling charges are pretty common and is approved by the company.
That is the reason it is printed on the quote.

rajamuneeb: But the invoice doesnt mention any handling charges at all. I have asked Ford to send me an email explaining the discrepency. Now if the vehicle is priced by Ford as ex showroom why does a customer has to pay handling charges even when the vehicle at that point of time doesnt even belong to him. Its the dealers product and why should a customer pay for what essentially is a dealers expense.

Last edited by rajamuneeb : 23rd December 2013 at 19:46.
Old 23rd December 2013, 22:17   #6024

Guys ecosport has bagged quite a few credits.Attaching the pictures for the same.

rajamuneeb: But the invoice doesnt mention any handling charges at all. I have asked Ford to send me an email explaining the discrepency. Now if the vehicle is priced by Ford as ex showroom why does a customer has to pay handling charges even when the vehicle at that point of time doesnt even belong to him. Its the dealers product and why should a customer pay for what essentially is a dealers expense.
Invoice will not mention it, only the quote /leaflet we get off the shelf of showroom mentions it.
Its basically a means to earn extra money for the dealer and its generally tolerated by the companies.

"You dont tell me and I wont ask kind of thing"
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20131223193703.png  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20131223193709.png  

Old 23rd December 2013, 22:24   #6025

Guys ecosport has bagged quite a few credits.Attaching the pictures for the same.

Invoice will not mention it, only the quote /leaflet we get off the shelf of showroom mentions it.
Its basically a means to earn extra money for the dealer and its generally tolerated by the companies.

"You dont tell me and I wont ask kind of thing"
Well that amounts to cheating and I am planning to sue them on this. Lets take it this way what if a supermarket sells you an item above M.R.P citing an excuse that they charge more because of the service and handling they give you. Will you accept that? Now I also want to know if there is any regulatory body which moniters car manufacturers and their code of practice. It would be of great help if you can guide on what should be done as i reckon its an unfair practice and a customer is being simply fleeced.
Old 23rd December 2013, 23:17   #6026

Well that amounts to cheating and I am planning to sue them on this. Lets take it this way what if a supermarket sells you an item above M.R.P citing an excuse that they charge more because of the service and handling they give you. Will you accept that? Now I also want to know if there is any regulatory body which moniters car manufacturers and their code of practice. It would be of great help if you can guide on what should be done as i reckon its an unfair practice and a customer is being simply fleeced.
You are absolutely right.I vaguely remember a fellow bhpian filed a case against Ford.
Will let you know more details as soon as I get updated.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 23:49   #6027

You are absolutely right.I vaguely remember a fellow bhpian filed a case against Ford.
Will let you know more details as soon as I get updated.
Thanks:-). That would be a great help.Also please let me know if he sued them on the same issue and please if you can provide his handle as well so he can be taken into the loop regarding this issue as well.
Old 24th December 2013, 01:02   #6028

Folks,

I'm going in for the first service of my Ecosport Titanium Diesel in the next couple of weeks. I've got an average of 700km for 45 litres of diesel both the first time and second time. the third time i got about 650+km for 45 litres of diesel. is this decent mileage?

also, what are the things one needs to look into for the first service? anything specific? had read about asking the service guys to update the sync? approx spends on first service?

A
Old 24th December 2013, 01:24   #6029

Thanks:-). That would be a great help.Also please let me know if he sued them on the same issue and please if you can provide his handle as well so he can be taken into the loop regarding this issue as well.
Jagrocks7 is his handle, may be you can PM him.
Hope it helps
Old 24th December 2013, 09:53   #6030

Originally Posted by karanskumar View Post
Folks,

I'm going in for the first service of my Ecosport Titanium Diesel in the next couple of weeks. I've got an average of 700km for 45 litres of diesel both the first time and second time. the third time i got about 650+km for 45 litres of diesel. is this decent mileage?

also, what are the things one needs to look into for the first service? anything specific? had read about asking the service guys to update the sync? approx spends on first service?

A
First service is basically washing and checking all fluid levels.Thats it and its free

Which h method have you used to check mileage?

Was it primarily city or highway?
If it was city then the mileage you are getting is decent.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 24th December 2013 at 10:20. Reason: sorry mods I didnt see the back to back posts.please merge