Old 30th October 2013, 11:03   #5191
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Four? Where did you read that?

For the third, check the attached.

Attachment 1160120
I have enumerated the rumours in my previous posts (346 page post 5181)
This guy nagraj mentioned the steering doesn't gain weight with speed which is absolutely wrong.
Does he mean that or please correct me.
Does any one in the forum know him so that we can get some more information for the benefit of all.
Old 30th October 2013, 11:15   #5192
BHPian

After a thousand kilometres in my Tdci I feel that the steering behaves normally at high speeds. I didn't feel that the steering is over sensitive at any speeds.
However at corners the car scares me more than my I10. This could be cause of the toppling incidents buzzing in my mind or the high seating position coupled with body roll that makes you feel that the car is over steering.
But I never brought this car for its cornering capabilities but to tackle bangalore's potholes and speed breakers. In that department I am completely satisfied.
Old 30th October 2013, 11:23   #5193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Why would you really worry about water wading capabilities? I mean how bad are the roads that you take in monsoon that the water rises almost upto your exhaust or even higher? I seriously think this issue has been given far more due that it deserves. To answer the question for yourself, why don't we rephrase it to - "Did i buy the ecosport for its water wading capabilities? "
As an example: The answer is Yes (for me) & maybe for few others (but not most people who will drive it only in urban areas on well behaved roads). The manufacturer claims it & I want it to perform on that aspect. That is why I am getting it (alongwith high GC) because I need to use it in places that might demand it where my current cars too might pull it off but its very risky with them. Ford claims on this feature give that appropriate amount of extra margin (over sedans) that brings with it extra safety & peace of mind where I want to use it. I dont need it to be a SUV or a 4x4 offroader which it cant be too.

But I hope people are not confusing this issue & thinking that the Ecosport probably has even lower capability than a sedan just because you see the words "less", "bad", "water wading", "engine stalled" together. That wont be so. The concern was only whether its atleast as much as Ford claims (& there was a confusion with the UK manual stating a much lower figure). They have probably modified it for India as the figures for glow plug height etc (from ecosport_rules) show.
As to why people question this capability - some indeed want it as claimed. Most dont need it perhaps though.
Too many responses from me on this too.

Last edited by anks_at : 30th October 2013 at 11:24.
anks_at is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 12:09   #5194
BHPian

Hi thanks for the info. Can you pse also let us know the source of this 3rd incident. Prima facie, it looks like a genuine incident. Would like to know more about this.

[/quote] For the third, check the attached.

Attachment 1160120[/quote]
Old 30th October 2013, 12:48   #5195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
But water wading is another story. Ford claims it to a certain height of 550mm (correct?) & I will not budge on anything less than that claim. The car needs to meet that expectation of mine as claimed by Ford. Yes I know how to properly drive in water, all the precautions needed to be taken et al but the height has to be met!
No, I dont plan on making it a regular feature on my drives, but I need it because I may have to depend on it a few times in the lifetime of the vehicle for sure, in my intended use for the vehicle.
This is a design objective of the vehicle, an advertised feature & 1 imp reason for me to buy this car. So no compromises on this one.
Yes, this is not just sales hyperbole, it is an exact specification. They may give guidance about speed of vehicle, water, etc, but it must basically meet the claims.
Old 30th October 2013, 13:21   #5196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs View Post
Thanks a lot ZENith. Yes we do, and probably we shall meet next year to celebrate the same . Can you provide me the quote with IDV and addons taken by you ? Also, I'll send you my number in a message.

I did an PDI yesterday, checked the Odo and its 28KM so it seems good. My experience with Elite has also been pleasant so far but I'm certainly miffed by Ford with price hike and all that. Luckily, i'm getting Push Start Stop and Smart Keyless entry, but need to pay a higher price. The tyres are MRF .

If Reliance is not in the list then I'll go with Bharti Axa or Royal Sundaram.
Mine B'day falls on 30th Aug, the day @Zenith took delivery. :-) Unfortunately, I didn't get the delivery on that day. Finally getting it by next weekend. Might need some tips for getting the last mile stuff done. Which Loan/ Insurance did you end up going for with Elite?

Last edited by nitinr30 : 30th October 2013 at 13:25.
Old 30th October 2013, 15:17   #5197
BHPian

Regarding Water wading, I know the topic's been beaten to death here but my 2 cents, IMHO the capability of vehicle largely depends on the driver and driver's luck too! It is imperative that the driver knows how to tackle travelling through water and has to be extra careful, even if the claimed water wading capability is 500mm. On the other hand, if the vehicle in front of him stops abruptly then obviously he has no other option but to stop and pray that the car does not stall.
I had once driven my Santro in around 450mm water in Mahabaleshwar (where in rainy season it rains like cats and dogs). We were lucky and went through without a problem but my friend in his Zen was not so lucky, he had to brake due to a fast bus coming from the opposite direction. He stalled and he stalled bad! Somehow we managed to find a mechanic on a rainy Sunday and upon inspection we found out that the Con-Rod was bent. It was such a huge dent to his pocket.
Well, but if you are in a Land Rover then you should be OK with that 900mm+ water wading capability.
Old 30th October 2013, 15:39   #5198
BHPian

After market spare wheel cover available in ebay for half the price of original. Rs 5500/- And it is pre-painted too. Sadly, no black.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Ford-eco-spor...1#ht_500wt_922

Last edited by ecosport : 30th October 2013 at 15:47.
ecosport is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 15:55   #5199
BHPian

Quote:
After market spare wheel cover available in ebay for half the price of original. Rs 5500/- And it is pre-painted too. Sadly, no black.

Awesome find!! Thats a sure shot buy if your color is there. No warranty issues, half the price! I hope it has the locking mechanism on the bottom too. I have asked the same from the seller. Waiting for his response.
Old 30th October 2013, 16:08   #5200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thats a great catch, although I feel the quality will be inferior than the original.
Looks a bit out of shape and the ecosport embossing doesn't look sharp. Posting picture from ebay
But then you get what you pay for.5500 against 8500inr.(original)

Also make sure before you buy it the fixing mechanism same as the original as many aftermarket ones have rexine/leatheritte with elastic on the back side whick is easy to knock off.

I would prefer the genuine one any day as it is finished much better
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20131030160200.png  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 30th October 2013 at 16:12.
Old 30th October 2013, 16:51   #5201
BHPian

My Panther went for an eye operation

Would like to thank ecosportrules & Srinivas for the work of art
Please don't use the images without my permission.
A lot of hard work and sweat has gone into this work of art.
I hope as an auto enthusiast you would appreciate and understand that.

Please also ignore the plasticy grill and missing fog lamps (mine is Ambient variant) as it will be fixed on my first service to 5 piece Chrome grill and OEM Fog lights mostly by next week.
And also ignore our TATA Iris in the background.
That was my uncle's art work project which btw I love driving
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-picture-866.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-picture-867.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-picture-874.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-picture-870.jpg  

Last edited by johannskaria : 30th October 2013 at 16:55. Reason: smilies more than what is prescribed in the forum rules
johannskaria is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 16:55   #5202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Looks quite good to me & you got them on the rear of the car too!
anks_at is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 17:01   #5203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
Looks quite good to me & you got them on the rear of the car too!
Thank You.
I quite didn't get the second part of your statement.
rear of the car?
Old 30th October 2013, 17:04   #5204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner View Post
Hi thanks for the info. Can you pse also let us know the source of this 3rd incident. Prima facie, it looks like a genuine incident. Would like to know more about this.
I found it posted in the automotive India forum. Checked Facebook, but the owner seems to have deleted it.
ecosport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 17:07   #5205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post

Would like to thank ecosportrules & Srinivas for the work of art
Please don't use the images without my permission.
A lot of hard work and sweat has gone into this work of art.
I hope as an auto enthusiast you would appreciate and understand that.

Please also ignore the plasticy grill and missing fog lamps (mine is Ambient variant) as it will be fixed on my first service to 5 piece Chrome grill and OEM Fog lights mostly by next week.
And also ignore our TATA Iris in the background.
That was my uncle's art work project which btw I love driving
Awesome johann,

Truly looks like a black panther on the prowl.
The hazard lamp on picture looks like from some sci fi movie.
Wishing you all the very best for your exams.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 30th October 2013 at 17:09.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks