Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2013, 21:57   #4156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner View Post
ISOFIX is available in tit and tit(o) variants as per the brochure. In one of the ownership thread, i saw a post wherein the doors did not have a insitu locking mechanism..
Well tried hard to make out the isofix points in rear seats in photos on first page in the official review post. Generally they are clearly marked by some sort of stickers, couldn't find any !! Top tether point could be located on the back side of rear seat as metal hooks in the photos from boot side. Owners please clear the doubt!!!
drchernish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 07:00   #4157
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Well tried hard to make out the isofix points in rear seats in photos on first page in the official review post. Generally they are clearly marked by some sort of stickers, couldn't find any !! Top tether point could be located on the back side of rear seat as metal hooks in the photos from boot side. Owners please clear the doubt!!!

I just checked it for you.
I own the titanium version.
It HAS Isofix -you have to search for it though - no markers or stickers
jojoinassi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 11:44   #4158
BHPian

PICTURE : Ecosport in a light drizzle
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-eco_drops.jpg  

niks_devil666 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 12:41   #4159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
Ecosport in a light drizzle
Polished very well and is beading nicely in the light drizzle
NevGin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 13:19   #4160
BHPian

Finally took a decision to cancel Eoosport booking with a heavy heart.
I had been living with lack of transparency, high handed attitude of dealer, insistence on accessories and insurance and vague promises regarding delivery schedule. (I had booked on 29/6/13 and was promised delivery in Oct)
The price hike and removal of features from Titanium Diesel was the last straw.
After entertaining all reasonable and unreasonable demands from the dealer OTR for Tit. D. amounted to 11 big ones. I just switched to my next choice.

Opted for Vento TDi Highline with a better engine, larger boot and a higher segment. Only misses will be Sync, GC and style quotient. No insistence on finance or accessories, free zero dep insurance, buyback discount etc amounted to 10.58 big ones. (Takes care of Tyre upgrades, K & N Filter, Better lamps etc.)

At the time of booking VW was delivering Vento / Polo TSi to four people who had switched from ES. Same story with Hyundai and Skoda. Stupidity of Ford has made their day.
Old 19th September 2013, 13:28   #4161

Got the delivery of my ES Ecoboost Titanium (O) Moondust Silver on last Friday, the 13th from Lathangi Ford, Bangalore. Sorry for updating so late, but had to go out of station immediately after (unfortunately, could not take the car). I have yet to take it out on a decent drive – waiting for the weekend.
1. The delivery process was quite pleasant, and the dealership cooperated with my request for a quick delivery. The only hitch was the delay in the loan process, caused by a sudden change in the person who was dealing with it.
2. Took the spare wheel cover, engine guard and car cover from the dealer.
3. The car came with MRF tyres. Decided against changing it at the moment – will drive for some time and then take a call on what to do.
4. I paid the old price, since the vehicle was billed to the dealer just before the revision in prices. Considering that I booked the vehicle on 21 July, I suppose I am pretty lucky!
Special thanks to fellow BHPians Eddy and ecosport. The PDI checklist helped
Will give more updates once I get a chance to drive the car (for the first time ever, I felt sad about staying just a km away from office!)
Svetblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 13:38   #4162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svetblr View Post
3. The car came with MRF tyres. Decided against changing it at the moment – will drive for some time and then take a call on what to do.
Congrats on the new ride. As for the tyre, I would suggest you to change it asap since you will get a good price for the brand new tyres. I had a terrible experience with MRF. The updates can be seen here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/141689-ford-ecosport-1-5d-titanium-owners-log-beauty-beast.html
Old 19th September 2013, 13:45   #4163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svetblr View Post
Got the delivery of my ES Ecoboost Titanium (O) Moondust Silver on last Friday, the 13th from Lathangi Ford, Bangalore.
Congrats! Pics where?
Quote:
Take a look at naveen's thread before deciding to stick with the MRFs. (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3241266)
Quote:
Will give more updates once I get a chance to drive the car (for the first time ever, I felt sad about staying just a km away from office!)
Simple, just use google maps to find a longer route.

Last edited by ecosport : 19th September 2013 at 13:47.
Old 19th September 2013, 13:57   #4164
BHPian

Hi,

Got a call from Muthoot Ford, Calicut this morning to inform me about delivery of my Ecosport Titanium Sea Grey Colour Diesel next week. I had booked it on 11th July and I was 116 on the list then. On the 3rd of this month, I jad enquired about my delivery and I got this mail in reply

"
This month as on today you are in the 65 th position (total booking wise). Titanium Diesel wise you are in the 29th position.And Sea grey wise you are in the 5th position.
As per this month allocation we will get 24 vehicles from Ford, out of which is 10 Titanium. Colour wise list has not yet come. This is for your kind information."

I am told that the vehicle billed has the push button switch, and it shall be billed at the revised price list.

I have asked them to sent me an official mail regarding this, which is expected anytime now.

I wish to ask this forum a couple of questions.

I intent to arrange my own insurance. HDFC Ergo is what I have for my Honda City and my Wagon R. Any suggestions / recommendation if I must consider anything else?

what is VIN number?

What should I check before I take delivery in terms of vehicle condition and PDI?

Thanks in advance
Old 19th September 2013, 14:02   #4165
BHPian

I've just changed the driver side rear view mirror (only the glass portion)

It was Rs 1807 + 150

Oops :-(
Old 19th September 2013, 15:11   #4166
BHPian

Hi everyone,
Finally i got my membership approved by team-bhp. Thumbs up to the team for being so rigorous in accepting new members.
So, I have been following this thread since Day1, Page 1. I booked my Ford Ecosport- Titanium(o) on 5th July from Jammu Ford. The dealer is a friend and he promised me the delivery within a month. Unfortunately that did not happen, the problem was that he himself was not getting any Tit.(o) allocated from Ford and he asked me to change my choice to Titanium which would make me get my car in a week. I did not want to compromise on the model so i held my stand.
Till September I waited patiently and then i called him up to get the updates. He told me that the billing of my car will be done on 25th Sept. but then he is not sure if they would send across the colour of my choice for the preferred model. This, along with the news of increase in the price + deletion of features (thought only titanium gets affected) made me lose trust and the next day i went to the dealership and got my booking cancelled.
The same day, in the afternoon i went to Mahindra Dealership and booked XUV 500-W8. I was always a fan of XUV but the steep price when compared to Ecosport kept me away from it. I was never to worried about the niggles which i know the XUV has many but then their A.S.S has improved a lot (at least in Jammu) + the newer models have lesser problems. I had to stretch my budget by 4 lac. but then fortunately i have that kind of disposable money right now (which i might not have in future). The dealer has promised me a delivery within 15 days as the white colour was not available+ good discount on insurance.
I was in so much awe of Ecosport till the time Ford decided to spoil the party. I personally feel that there has to be some transparency and accountability towards customers. Before Ford - Renault and Mahindra too faced the same kind of success but then they were much better in handling the situation. Anyways, I am really happy with my current purchase.
Goodbye Ford, Welcome Mahindra

Last edited by Andy_torque133 : 19th September 2013 at 15:14.
Andy_torque133 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 15:49   #4167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
I've just changed the driver side rear view mirror (only the glass portion)
What happened? I didn't see a reference earlier to any breakage.
Old 19th September 2013, 16:25   #4168
BHPian

Hyundai has increased the car prices which are effective from 1st October. The important thing to notice is that they have excluded the recently launched i10 Grand from the price hike. Ford India should take a leaf or two from Hyundai about how to manage its brand equity.
Old 19th September 2013, 17:50   #4169
BHPian

Price Hike Rollback?

With the US Fed not tapering its bond buying program EM currencies are in a tizzy and I expect the INR to be below 60 as early as next week unless the RBI puts a spanner in the works on Fri.

With the rupee coming back to Ecosport launch levels will Ford look to roll back its price hikes. More than likely not but shouldn't they?
wysiwyg25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 17:59   #4170
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
Price Hike Rollback?

With the US Fed not tapering its bond buying program EM currencies are in a tizzy and I expect the INR to be below 60 as early as next week unless the RBI puts a spanner in the works on Fri.

With the rupee coming back to Ecosport launch levels will Ford look to roll back its price hikes. More than likely not but shouldn't they?
Rollback ;-)
It is just not going to happen. As such the initial prices were introductory ones, so even if rupee goes below 60, cut back on price is not going to happen. Or at the least no one should plan on buying on this premise that prices may go down.
And now when Ford knows how fascinated we are with EcoSport they for sure not going to reduce the prices anytime soon.
Though quite a number of cancelations are happening.
Today I was enquiring with my dealer about my ES, she also mentioned everyday at least 1 to 2 cancelations are taking place.
Lot to learn Ford.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks