Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2013, 23:29   #3601
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Since you already have a sedan which car will you consider buying if not the ecosport ?
Shashank i am already considering a few other options, had a brief test drive of Duster and had already rejected it before, its priced too high for what it offers. Ecosport is a good car but i cant keep waiting for it forever.

Had a long test drive of XUV500 today, we have a 8 year old Scorpio which has done 1 lakh kms and XUV seems like a very logical upgrade. I can stretch the budget to get a W6, its a very good car, acres of space, power, handling, ride were all good. Just wonder if i will have to repeatedly visit svc to get the niggles sorted. XUV is a really good upgrade for a family like ours of 4 + dog, the middle row had acres and acres of space.

Really confused at this point, will take a few days to decide and then cancel my ecosport booking to buy the XUV.
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2013, 23:53   #3602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Really confused at this point, will take a few days to decide and then cancel my ecosport booking to buy the XUV.
Yes,XUV though a segment higher is a brilliant alternative. The only issue is the niggles and its a little too big to use on a daily basis for office commutes

Last edited by shashank.nk : 26th August 2013 at 23:55.
Old 26th August 2013, 23:56   #3603
djs
BHPian

I again visited Elite Ford today (yeah!, It is the part of my weekly routine now ) to know the delivery status of Ecosport. This time I was “updated” by Mr. Ajay who showed me the same excel sheet, apparently there was no change in my status. Good part is I’m still in queue, and the bad part is, queue is not moving. They have an allocation for 37 Vehicles in month of September from ford & there are 3 TDCI Mars Red in those and I’m being told, one of them is mine (last week, they talked about 4 allocations though).

Also, I got a weekly dose of same record, “Sir, We are getting calls from Influential people such as Politicians, Film stars but we are vehemently saying No. We don’t believe in malpractices.” It seems Dealers are allowed to choose the color & variant hence technically there are plenty of ways to bump the queue, sometimes by luck as well, say if someone far above you cancels the same variant as yours and you are next one in queue.

Despite reading about harrowing experiences in some of other dealerships, I’m positive on mid September delivery if everything remains fair & square. My experience with dealership so far had not been bad in anyway, I had been attended promptly and they have never given me a definitive date which is good as well as bad.

They have given me a QCS id # 3078217, I wonder what that means, if at all it means anything. Can somebody point to the significance of QCS Id?

Also, can someone states how many days it takes to get the vehicle park in your Garage from the day you get a call from Dealer in bangalore that its been dispatched from ford? I assume based on my discussions, dealer calls and you get a Vin, then 12-14 days in transit, 5-7 days paperwork of loan, insurance, registration etc, so in all 21 days. Is it correct ?
Old 27th August 2013, 01:26   #3604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbr_yash View Post
I suggest you to constantly follow up with SA or visit the dealership. Keep reminding them about your booking. Because looking at the environment at SC Ford, you will not even come to know when your vehicle got allotted to someone else in the queue. I also never got any delivery date. In fact, they have not even given me my booking no. yet. When asked, my SA keeps saying "Don't worry sir, you will get the car before October end" which is 3 months from my booking date. I keep going to dealer on Sundays and try to get updates from SA. Also, keep an eye on Ecosports ready for delivery(Manufacturing Month and all). Currently, the ecosports they are delivering are from July manufactured lot.
I sent an email to the gm at scford got a reply back within an hour which was surprising. I was told that there are 2 people ahead of me in queue and I should be hearing from ford soon next month about the delivery date.
Old 27th August 2013, 01:51   #3605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs View Post
Also, can someone states how many days it takes to get the vehicle park in your Garage from the day you get a call from Dealer in bangalore that its been dispatched from ford? I assume based on my discussions, dealer calls and you get a Vin, then 12-14 days in transit, 5-7 days paperwork of loan, insurance, registration etc, so in all 21 days. Is it correct ?

djs,

The dealer gets information once the vehicle gets loaded at Chennai and is going to get dispatched to Bangalore. Once the vehicle is loaded and started from Chennai, it should not take more than 48 hours for the vehicle to reach the dealer's stockyard. Adding another day as misc, the vehicle should reach Bangalore by 3 days.

Now the financial part. We applied for a loan last Friday and submitted all the required documents by Friday Afternoon. Loan got sanctioned on Saturday afternoon, and today((Monday); (Technically, Yesterday) ) we went to the Bank's branch and signed the agreement papers and completed all paperwork. This is about 3 working days (Fri, Sat, Mon). Assuming that they'll get the payment from the bank 24 hours later, it's 4 days totally.

Now, the Registration part. Once the payment and paperwork is completed, the vehicle is taken to the RTO for registration formalities. That's 1-2 days max. Side by side, the Insurance is done at the dealership. Totally, 2 days in this stage.

Adding another Misc day just in case one of the above things get screwed somewhere, 10 Days is the maximum time required for them to deliver the vehicle from Factory to Customer.

My SA at Lathangi Ford says, if they get the vehicle tomorrow, they'll deliver it to me 3 days later, since all my formalities are completed except the Registration from their part and fitment of a few accessories.
nitish.h is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 06:30   #3606
BHPian

Yesterday I got a chance to accompany a colleague to take test drive of EcoSport. I came out with mixed feeling. EcoSport is sufficient for four adults+1 kid. The rear seat felt very cramped for three persons. Also the driver side door and tail door both were not getting closed even after attempting to close it three times. Obviously it might be due to the abuse from all prospective customers. Also the tail gate had rattles.

Overall the car looked a good package and value for money option. The showroom was deserted. But in 30 minutes we witnessed two Ecosport deliveries.
Old 27th August 2013, 07:13   #3607
BHPian

I've been reading a lot about rattles in the ecosport. Can any owners comment on their experiences so far? Some of you have driven a decent amount so far.
Old 27th August 2013, 07:28   #3608
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,

One of my friends wants to upgrade his existing 205/60/16(10.5 kilograms each tyre) to yokohama 225/55/16.(11.2kilograms)

The weight difference between 205 and 225 is 700gms each tyre ie 2800gms (2.8Kilograms) for all four tyres.

What are the pros and cons for this upgrade?
Will 700gm of additional weight for each make any difference?

Thought of posting it on ecosport wheel upgrade thread but saw that it is not very active.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 27th August 2013 at 07:32.
Old 27th August 2013, 07:37   #3609

Mod Note : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 28th August 2013 at 18:24. Reason: spelling of have fixed
harshBLR is offline   Received Infraction
Old 27th August 2013, 08:11   #3610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hey guys,

One of my friends wants to upgrade his existing 205/60/16(10.5 kilograms each tyre) to yokohama 225/55/16.(11.2kilograms)

The weight difference between 205 and 225 is 700gms each tyre ie 2800gms (2.8Kilograms) for all four tyres.
Interesting question - I was considering a similar upsize for grip & appearance reasons. Speaking to others (and seeing expert opinion on the other thread) they said stick to the same profile but go for better rubber for reasons of grip.

One friend said that since the petrols have lower torque, the added weight would hinder acceleration.

However, seeing the weight difference you've measured, an upsize doesn't sound worrisome - its a 7% increase in the weight of the tire alone (the weight increase for wheel+tire will be lesser, and the increase in unsprung weight will be lesser still).

I'd therefore hazard a guess that the difference in behaviour (suspension responsiveness) would be minimal. There are other behaviours that will change due to other factors (e.g. a small mileage drop, slight increase in risk of aquaplaning, etc.) that are normal to any upsize.

What is the price your friend is being quoted for the Yokos?
Old 27th August 2013, 11:21   #3611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
I've been reading a lot about rattles in the ecosport. Can any owners comment on their experiences so far? Some of you have driven a decent amount so far.
Same here! Some inputs would be very valuable from others on this forum who have got the delivery of their vehicles.
Old 27th August 2013, 11:47   #3612
Senior - BHPian

[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Same here! Some inputs would be very valuable from others on this forum who have got the delivery of their vehicles.
Hey guys,
I have done around 7000km and have not experienced any new rattles.But have one small rattle from day 1 originating from the centre of dash.
Old 27th August 2013, 12:32   #3613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
Can anyone guide me with the best insurance quotes for diesel titanium option for zero dep/bumper to bumper insurance policy?
When I enquired quotes for Ecoboost Titanium HDFC Ergo (18.2k) was the lowest followed by ICICI Lombard (20k), Tata AIG (20.6k), Royal Sundaram (21k) and Bajaj Allianz (around 30k). All quotes were zero dep.
I did not ask for co-passenger cover and hired driver cover.
Regards
Dinesh
Old 27th August 2013, 13:14   #3614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hey guys,
I have done around 7000km and have not experienced any new rattles.But have one small rattle from day 1 originating from the centre of dash.
Did you report this during the first service?

Last edited by DeKay : 27th August 2013 at 13:15.
Old 27th August 2013, 13:22   #3615
BHPian

Thats just because of ABS kicking in. The same thing happens in my City also. When we apply brakes hard at any speed, ABS kicks in urgently.

Last edited by GTO : 28th August 2013 at 18:25. Reason: Quoted post deleted
oops is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks