Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2013, 18:15   #3466
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Update on deliveries from Harpeet Ford, Moti Nagar, New Delhi:

I visited the showroom today and my SE told me that except for Titanium (O) D, all the other variants were coming in decent numbers, specially the Ambiente and Trend. 4 Ecosports were getting ready for delivery today.

She told me that I can expect my Sea Grey Titanium (O) D to be delivered by September-end (booked on 7th July).

Cheers!
Abh1nav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 19:18   #3467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

In which case it should be very much possible for all variants other than AT which is quite unpredictable.

Yep it is under consideration, again preowned for the same reasons but still prefer the EcoSport AT as it would be more manageable by wife on our long drives. The Endy has one seated quite flat like in a sedan more or less. The EcoSport actually has a more vertical kind of seating that is more SUVish. Most Endy AT Dealers are quoting absurd pricing considering the yrs and usage presently. If you do come across a reasonably priced one in Mumbai/ Thane do let me know via a PM. We are going a bit off topic right now with this.
At the risk of going of topic, ACM sir I would still recommend you stick with the ES. I have seen the Automatic in the NCR stock yard and so it is being delivered.

The ES is a very recommendable product according to me and for some one as you to have come so far and give up is quite heart breaking. I will recommend a constant and kind of unrelenting pursuit with your dealer. It is bound to produce results.

In the words of a great man, Good things come to those who wait. And you Sir have waited so much. Please Dont give up. Your review alone would be something worth waiting for.

Regards
eq24 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 20:10   #3468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
Hi guys,

I have been following this thread since quite some time now,but recently joined Tbhp.

I had booked my Sea Gray Ecosport Diesel Titanium (o) from Harpreet Ford, Moti Nagar on 7 July and was promised delivery in 6 months. However, my SA says that i should get the car my September-end/early-October.

A friend of mine, who knows my SA personally is keeping track on my behalf, while I have only inquired about the delivery only 3-4 times. Last week, he told me that the Titanium (o) is produced in lesser numbers as compared to the Titanium option, so i should not be too optimistic and expect the delivery any sooner.

One thing worth mentioning is that each time i have visited the showroom, i have seen PLENTY of Ecosports waiting to be delivered. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and expecting my car to show up in that lot soon!

I visited Noida Ford yesterday for some issues with my Figo. On asking the Sales head, I was told that the dealership had cleared all bookings for the lower end models till June 24. However, due to limited supply of some "chip" from China the deliveries of Titanium and Titanium ( O) are very low. I was told that the delivers may well spill into November. I had booked my car on June 26.
Old 18th August 2013, 20:46   #3469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
Titanium(O) doesn't necessarily come with Goodyears, it may have MRFs as well. Cars that belong to same lot most likely will have the same tire based on the availability of tires in the plant.
The SA of a friend of mine told him that the Titanium and Titanium (Optional) Variants are coming with goodyears and all other variants will have MRF tyres on them.
That said, my SA didn't tell me any such thing.
Old 18th August 2013, 20:48   #3470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
I visited Noida Ford yesterday for some issues with my Figo. On asking the Sales head, I was told that the dealership had cleared all bookings for the lower end models till June 24. However, due to limited supply of some "chip" from China the deliveries of Titanium and Titanium ( O) are very low. I was told that the delivers may well spill into November. I had booked my car on June 26.
Well, as I mentioned in my previous post, I was told today that I "might" get my car by the end of next month, and I really hope it doesn't extend beyond that.

However, I do feel that the Ambiente and Trend trims are beings rolled out in more numbers, as most of the Ecosports I have spotted on the road have been these ones.

Another interesting fact the I would like to highlight is that a majority of Ecosports I have spotted on the road had the spare wheel cover on them, so i guess that's a hot selling accessory.

I took my mom to the showroom today and she too was quite impressed by how the wheel cover added to the overall look of the car, and insisted that we too get one once we get the car. I was quoted Rs. 11,000 for the same.
Old 18th August 2013, 20:59   #3471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post

The SA of a friend of mine told him that the Titanium and Titanium (Optional) Variants are coming with goodyears and all other variants will have MRF tyres on them.
That said, my SA didn't tell me any such thing.
That is not entirely true, I saw the lot of a NCR dealer and all the cars had Goodyear's irrespective of variant.

As I understood it is the lot which decides the tyre brand.
Old 18th August 2013, 21:18   #3472
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 27th August 2013 at 14:25.
techfreak is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th August 2013, 21:22   #3473
Senior - BHPian

My uncle is looking forward to buy ecosport and he is getting ready delivery of trend variant in Rudrapur and also one of my friend got immediate delivery of titanium diesel from rohtak. In both cases, (my uncle and my friend) both knew dealer personally, which helped them with delivery, they didn't paid any premium or black money to dealer.
Old 18th August 2013, 21:40   #3474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
She told me that I can expect my Sea Grey Titanium (O) D to be delivered by September-end (booked on 7th July).
I have booked mine through the same dealer, mars red, titanium diesel on 26th june and initially i was told that i will get my car by aug end or sep first week but now it has shifted to sep end.

Most of the cars i have seen on the road are base models, hardly any titaniums, seems the delivery of titanium and titanium (o) have been really now.
Old 18th August 2013, 23:33   #3475
BHPian

Chennai dealers have also stopped taking bookings of Tit-O variants since sometime last week. I had booked Ecoboost Tit-O on 15th June. My SA is advising me to change my booking to Titanium variant and I can get the car before month end. I have been thinking about it and now inclined to change mine to Titanium rather than waiting for Tit-O without even getting an approx delivery date.
Old 19th August 2013, 00:13   #3476
djs
BHPian

Hello Folks,

I had booked my Ecosport Titanium TDCI Mars Red from Elite Ford on 22nd of June. They had not given me any booking number etc. I have been following with them every week (making visits in person or calls) & they have repeatedly assured that I’ll get the delivery well within 3 months. I was told that I’ll get it in first lot i.e of the first 105 vehicles they are getting in first 3 months. In between (on 29th July) SA told that I may get delivery in 2nd week of Aug but that didn’t happen. Almost two months have passed but I don’t see anything happening anytime soon. Both SA & CRM have mentioned in earlier interactions that people are coming with “references” & are willing to pay “extra money” however insisted that they don’t indulge in any malpractices. For now I’m taking them on their face value but reading this thread and experiences of fellow BHPians at some other dealerships, I’m skeptical.

I know few folks have already got their car from Elite Ford.
Is there anyone in forum who is waiting to get his car delivered from Elite Ford Bangalore? Can you please share your experience with Elite Ford, with booking date etc ?

Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 01:16   #3477
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I'd booked my Ecosport Diesel Titanium option with Cauvery Ford, Bangalore on 26th June and due to certain reasons had asked them to postpone the delivery till November end, but now i'm thinking of postponing it to Jan or Feb 2014 to get a 2014 model v/s getting a 2013 model towards the fag end of the year.

The sole reason to postpone till Jan/Feb is to get a 2014 model,and I have no other reason, also i'm also willing to pay extra if there are any price hikes.

What are your suggestions on this ? Should I take it in Nov/Dec or is it better to postpone it to Jan/Feb 2014
Old 19th August 2013, 06:12   #3478
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

If you plan to keep the vehicle for long term then the year doesn't matter, but if you plan to change in say less than 5 years then it is better to take delivery in 2014.
Nothing else but adds value in second hand market.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 09:02   #3479

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs View Post
Hello Folks,

I had booked my Ecosport Titanium TDCI Mars Red from Elite Ford on 22nd of June. They had not given me any booking number etc. I have been following with them every week (making visits in person or calls) & they have repeatedly assured that I’ll get the delivery well within 3 months.

Thanks
My experience with Elite ford till now: I had pre-booked on 14th June - Mars rad Tit-O - At the time of booking they told me that officially I would get the vehicle within 3 months, but in all likelihood I should be getting it by mid July. I was told that I am 2nd in the color/variant combination. July came and went, nothing happened. I called up the ford customer care, nothing happened. I escalated to useless write2md@ford.in, nothing happened.
All the while the SA Mr. Ravi, the sales head Mr. Desikachar and ford representative Mr. Sudal claimed that there is absolutely no chance of any out-of-turn allocation and I would be getting my car as per my turn. I seriously doubt their claims, specially after sighting few Tit-O with Elite ford stickers and with fancy numbers like 777 or 1234.

Now more than 2 months have passed and still there is no (good) news. The most recent update is that my allocation would be happening in August end.

I believe the dealers and ford are equally responsible in letting the customers down .
ZENith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 09:46   #3480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
They have shipped atleast one if not more AT variants - admitted to by the Dealership itself maintaining that those were bookings prior to mine (though mine is supposed to be no 4 AT prelaunch booking)

Have again engaged with them to give me a clear date post which I will decide to cancel the booking or to sue them (Ford).

In the meanwhile am looking for preowned AT SUV's. No too many reasonably priced options though.
Hi ACM, I was No:2 on the Prelaunch AT booking in Chennai MPL Ford booked on 21-Jun-13 & took delivery of my Sea Grey ES AT 1.5P on 9-Aug-13. The AT ES is superb and drives like a Dream. I am getting FE of 12km/l on Highways & 10km/l in city.. Will post a detailed Owners review of the AT in the next 48 hours.
royfernandez is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks