Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2013, 17:48   #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Thanks Shypals. I am confused between Xylo and the Enjoy. At 9L for H4 ABS. Xylo has a good case for itself in the value dept.
I would like to stress the suspension quality in Enjoy is too good. Passengers dont feel any 'throw' on sharp turns or the undulations on bad roads. I met a driver from travel agency at the service station where he mentioned the same. He said his passengers go off to sleep within minutes in enjoy. I dont think this would be same in Xylo. I was stopped on highway by a new Xylo owner, who asked me many questions on my Enjoy. he owned a nearby stone quarry and his major concern was the ground clearance, for which he opted for Xylo, but complained "bahut jhola marti hai" saying the passengers keep banging their heads on the glass when he rides on the quarry road..

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
5. Few test vehicles which I saw have china tires and my question is do all the production models have China tires ?
I have JK fitted on my Enjoy.

Last edited by aah78 : 4th October 2013 at 18:08. Reason: Posts merged. Please quote only relevant portions of posts. Thanks!
Old 4th October 2013, 20:53   #182
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Enjoy : Official Review

Back home after seeing my enjoy at dealer ship. One more observation

1. The fog lamp turns on when we switch on the parking lamp

2. No fog lamp in back

Pdi to happen tomorrow , Insurance and registration on Monday .

I will be taking delivery on Wednesday.

Fingers crossed and enjoying
Old 4th October 2013, 21:23   #183
Senior - BHPian

Total cost for diesel LTZ :- 878448 + insurance(negotiations going on)

Break up:-

Ex showroom : 829488

Tax : 66960

Handling : 5000

Exchange bonus : 20000(to be refunded)

Corporate bonus : 3000(to be refunded)

I will update the insurance amount by monday
Old 5th October 2013, 00:18   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Total cost for diesel LTZ :- 878448 + insurance(negotiations going on)

Break up:-

Ex showroom : 829488

Tax : 66960

Handling : 5000

Exchange bonus : 20000(to be refunded)

Corporate bonus : 3000(to be refunded)

I will update the insurance amount by monday
Congrats foby.sebastian..
You just got an ltz for the cost of an lt variant. Awesome.
I went for another test drive today and I like the way it drives, the ride quality is good for most part. The roads were really bad so passengers in the third row were shaken well.
Plastics were a gripe and they rattled when the engine was revved to turbo zone. AC was good but not particularly cool or anything.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2013, 08:40   #185
Senior - BHPian

Look wise the tires seems to be a tad small for the entire vehicle. In terms of corporate discount, Chevy has a program that even a agriculturist can avail INR 3000discount.
Old 8th October 2013, 07:44   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Back home after seeing my enjoy at dealer ship. One more observation

1. The fog lamp turns on when we switch on the parking lamp

2. No fog lamp in back

Pdi to happen tomorrow , Insurance and registration on Monday .

I will be taking delivery on Wednesday.

Fingers crossed and enjoying
The statment 1 is not correct Fog lamp has a diffrent switch. Apologies for incorrect statement my bad !
Old 11th October 2013, 00:30   #187
BHPian

After having read the official review of Enjoy and having followed the views and comments from BHpians, I finally had an opportunity to be driven along in an Enjoy in the Mumbai traffic. There were some comments from other members I may not have completely agreed with , there were some conclusions drawn that sounded logical.
My take after the ride around town for a day in an Enjoy was as follows, and some of these I rationalize ; is a result of really having a low perception of this vehicle prior to really getting to travel in one
The vehicle is not half as bad as I had imagined it to be. For the price point, I think it is good value for money. The version I was travelling in was a basic version, but it had A/c vents for the second row, and captain seats in the second row The quality of plastics on the dashboard was decent.
The ride was very comfortable and at no point in time, did I feel the engine being strained or the vehicle dragging for the lack of power- I had the opportunity of being driven in bumper to bumper traffic as well as on the express highway.
IMO, the fit and finish was pretty decent and the vehicle is very spacious, the ingress and exit would be tough to the 3rd row, but is like in a Wagon R for the 1st and 2nd row.
The ride did not seem to have the typical cradle effect experienced in Xylo, Scorpio or Sumo ( no offence meant to owners of these vehicles), the ride was pliant and close to being car like
The 3 year service package and the overall 3yr /100000 Km warranty is a great value proposition for anyone looking at a comfortable workhorse which will not break the bank.
The cabbie taking me around used to have an Innova earlier, so I had a brief chat with him on his new mule. He was clear that an Innova is an Innova and cannot be compared to this mule by any measure ( he had owned the Innova for 6 years clocking 170000 Km and got a good price when he sold it). However, he decided to go for a Chevy this time around for the initial cost (8L as against 14L for an Innova), better FE; says he gets 16.5 in city, (his vehicle is new and just completed 1000Km and was due for 1st service); customers, he said, were not ready to pay in a manner that would justify his investment in an Innova and so this was a logical choice.

Enjoy, IMO is a decent choice even as a personal vehicle if one is looking at choice of mobility for a large family, to say Maruti did a great job with Ertiga and GM has done a shoddy job with Enjoy is not entirely true. While Maruti and Gm are not comparable on most fronts, the very fact that GM is offering this vehicle with a 100000Km warranty as against a 2 year 45000 km warranty offered by Maruti does speak volumes of GM's confidence in the build and reliability of Enjoy.

Do any BHpians have any details on the safety ratings of the Enjoy?, this when compared to those of competing models could be another indicator to the safety conscious buyer
gops2009 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 18:02   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gops2009 View Post
The ride did not seem to have the typical cradle effect experienced in Xylo, Scorpio or Sumo ( no offence meant to owners of these vehicles), the ride was pliant and close to being car like
I agree with you regarding the ride. On my recent trip back from Bangalore, the roads between Vellore and Sri Perumbadur are really bad despite being part of GQ. There are lot of pot holes - some patched up resulting in bumpy ride, I was being followed by a loaded (with people) Enjoy. while I had to slow down for these bad stretches the Enjoy never seemed to loose composure and despite being chauffeured the driver never slowed down a testament to the ride quality of the Enjoy.
DWind is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 17:56   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

In the last 15 days, I made 2 long distance trips to Bombay and ahmedabad each. And I was rather left surprised with the number of Enjoys I saw on the road. It was almost as if all the owners decided to take there rides out at the same time. And most of them were private number cars. The car does look pretty good in person and appeared to be spacious from the outside.
But the monthly sales figure doesn't show the same amount of enthusiasm on paper for some reason.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 15:28   #190
Team-BHP Support

Chevrolet has rolled out a Limited Edition variant of the Enjoy MPV to celebrate the sale of 14,000 Enjoys in India. The Limited Edition features an accessory pack worth Rs. 14,000 to set it apart from the standard Enjoy.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 07:10   #191
Senior - BHPian

The limited edition of Enjoy has nothing to offer as goodies, they should have provided better options for interiors atleast a provision for double-din HU,the wooden finish on dash looks like small plants have been grown and trimmed, absolutely no connection with basic requirements in-terms of interiors on a MUV.
Old 23rd February 2014, 20:53   #192
Senior - BHPian

Friends, took the test drive of the Enjoy LS (diesel), lowest version today. Fortunately I was on an evening stroll & found the road side Chevrolet stall put up by a local dealer. Though a test drive car was not available the sales guy readily agreed to give me a test drive of the display vehicle.
  • The car was eager to pull from standstill.
  • I could not take the car beyond 4th gear since it was a short test drive. The horn pad was hard to press & I had to make extra effort to press it. Brakes were quite un-inspiring. Agreed that this was the lower variant without ABS, but it lacked the bite that I have observed in a non-ABS Innova. Perhaps the smaller wheel size & hence the smaller brake pads being the culprit here.
  • The ride was pretty good. However I absolutely hated the design of the second row bench seat.
  • When I sat on it there was a gap of almost 4-5 inches between the seat edge & my calf. Under thigh support was also limited. The seat cushion is also very thin & soft. This wont be comfortable at all for long drives.
  • The third row, though wide is only suitable for small kids. If you keep the legs straight, your knees point towards the sky.
  • I could observe some vibrations/humming, when I was on 3rd gear & no accelerator input.
Overall the car is good at the price for which it is being offered, but the thin seat cushions are a deal breaker. The Ertiga seat cushions are far better & the Innova is in a different league altogether.
Old 23rd March 2014, 14:18   #193
Senior - BHPian

I have travelled by Enjoy on numerous occasions as its my office drop vehicle. I have noticed that both the rear arm rests have given away and they are totally bent now.

The vehicle is 9 months / 31,000 kms old.

Has anyone else including owners noticed this?
Old 23rd March 2014, 20:13   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I have travelled by Enjoy on numerous occasions as its my office drop vehicle. I have noticed that both the rear arm rests have given away and they are totally bent now. The vehicle is 9 months / 31,000 kms old. Has anyone else including owners noticed this?
I got it replaced for free.
foby.sebastian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2014, 12:05   #195
BHPian

Hello!
My employer has booked 2 Chevy Enjoy LS 8 Seater from OSL Autotech Kolkata. Just got a call from the sales rep that the RTO does not allow registration of Enjoy as 8 seater if registered in the name of a corporate! He is asking for permission to register it as a 7 seater! I have outright refused and asked him to keep the registration on hold till further instruction. What is the catch here?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks