Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2013, 13:52   #166
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Enjoy : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shypals View Post
I bought this car on june 19th - mid variant diesel. Have clocked 1200 kms since then.
Following are the observations:

2. Mileage 18.66 in city (30% times full load, rest solo)

5. Steering a bit heavy being hydraulic
Shypals man you ought to put a ownership thread. I will be glued to it since I am also planning to buy one soon.

A few queries from my side. Kindly answer them.
  • The mileage that you are getting is great since I am getting the same with my Figo (+/-1kmpl) in the city.
  • How crowded is the locality you live and how much is the mileage variation ?
  • Was the drive with AC on at all times ?
  • Is the steering heavy at all times or just during parking speeds ?
  • How is the gearbox ? Is it heavy and tiring to use and does it need to be played with a lot during the city drive ?
  • How is the engine response during bumper to bumper traffic ?
  • What is the rpm at 100kmph mark ?
Old 29th August 2013, 13:33   #167
Senior - BHPian

Urgent help required in deciding :-

Planning to buy a 6/7/8 seater in very near future.

Nature of drive :- Weekly trip of 650 kilometers with 5 persons (will increase to 6 in few months) on board with luggage and office commuting on weekdays with 1/2 on board.

Current weekly drive :- 2011 Indica Vista with national engine(Quadrajet) (I didn't by swift only because of the space constraints) I love Maruthi and hate Tata. But in a serious relationship with the Fiat Indian National Engine !

The cars shortlisted now to buy :-

Aria :- back off go to hell , even though the dealer offered me some serious discounts , not a Tata any more only because of the build quality.

Bolero / Xylo :- took the test drive , but in long trips dizziness makes the co passengers to puke which will be a pain for me. Also the mileage is okay !

Ertiga :- I love it and I could have booked the ZDI long back , but the other passengers especially my dad is not giving the green signal he looks only space and comfort, he says the comfort in ertiga is less when compared to Enjoy in terms of space and seating

ENJOY :- there are hell lot of negative points which is already explained in this thread by many, but the mileage price and comfort for co passenger’s make me turning head towards it seriously from a practical point of view.

Innova :- KMPL Diesel is the only concern rest all is top notch

Also , has any one come across a tires upgraded and tuning box fitted Chevy Enjoy ?

Gurus, What are the pros and cons of a rear wheel drive MUV ?

Last edited by foby.sebastian : 29th August 2013 at 13:36. Reason: formatting and spell check
Old 29th August 2013, 13:56   #168
Team-BHP Support

The only BIG drawback I found in the Enjoy is the absolute lack of under thigh support in the middle row.
It will not be very comfortable over long distance trips.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 16:21   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The only BIG drawback I found in the Enjoy is the absolute lack of under thigh support in the middle row.
The captain seats options has the most comfortable seats in middle row.
Old 2nd September 2013, 16:32   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Hi bblost

The lack of underthigh support was felt in the last row if I am not wrong. Was the second row also that bad ? I liked the second row in fact because of the captain seats.

@foby.sebastian The other drawback is the looks and the access to the third row. Also you could try the new xylo. It should definitely impress your dad with the space. The boat like ride is gone (although not completely) and new xylo is definitely a long distance rider.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 09:57   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Hi bblost

The lack of underthigh support was felt in the last row if I am not wrong. Was the second row also that bad ? I liked the second row in fact because of the captain seats.

@foby.sebastian The other drawback is the looks and the access to the third row. Also you could try the new xylo. It should definitely impress your dad with the space. The boat like ride is gone (although not completely) and new xylo is definitely a long distance rider.
Xylo is completely ruled out.

I am seriously looking in to this vehicle now.

In the Enjoy, the engine is longitudinally placed like in conventional utility vehicles and is back wheel drive. Is that concern ?

The radiator is having 2 fans is that odd ?

The engine room is tightly packed and the front hood length is almost as of an alto.

I am planning for LTZ because of the eletrical outside rearview adjustment,ABS,Airbag. and defnitely not for the alloy wheel.

Few more draw back which I felt was the out side rearview mirrors are so small that i hardly see the back/side while reversing, but 2 parking sensors are a help till a certian extend.

No seat belt height adjustment

The back seat is only having the half thigh length of an adult , its okay as the back seat will be not fully occupied with adults all the time.

One of my friend who bought the 37th Enjoy at Thrissur had an issue with headlight, water was going inside the light. but that was replaced with in 2 visits.

I am waiting for the quote for my Tata Indica Vista QJD if i get a good quote I may be taking the delivery of the enjoy next week.

Gurus please put in your thoughts about security (since the word China is involved) and reliability, I intend to use this for next 3 years.
foby.sebastian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 19:09   #172
Senior - BHPian

GM is testing Enjoy CNG. More details in link to Motorbeam article:

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/chevro...-cng-in-india/

It is basically the base petrol variant that is being readied with the CNG kit for the commercial market. I have seen quite a few 2L patrol Innovas on CNG stations in NCR.
Old 14th September 2013, 01:25   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post

Gurus please put in your thoughts about security (since the word China is involved) and reliability, I intend to use this for next 3 years.
This is a very practical vehicle. Very spacious.
The rear wheel drive gives it better drivability under heavy load and the city.
Braking is good.
Second row captain seats are a major USP.

Boot has a low loading lip.easy to access.

This is the most practical vehicle under 10 lakhs. And third row is more usable than the ertiga.

It will definitely be a good choice for 3 years. Moreso with the Chevy promise package for 3 years.
drsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 17:57   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Xylo is completely ruled out.

I am seriously looking in to this vehicle now.

I am planning for LTZ because of the eletrical outside rearview adjustment,ABS,Airbag. and defnitely not for the alloy wheel.
hi foby did you get the ENjoy ? I am planning to get one soon. I am in the 'Get the test drive and Convince the family' mode now.
Old 25th September 2013, 06:43   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi foby did you get the ENjoy ? I am planning to get one soon. I am in the 'Get the test drive and Convince the family' mode now.
Not yet , The news on Toyota avanza and the delay in selling my current ride (Vista Qjd) is holding me back.

Between there was a price increase of 11000 INR for the Enjoy and Chevy also introduced INR 20000 for exchange bonus , INR 10000 for loyality bonus and INR 3000 for corporatre bonus.
Old 25th September 2013, 09:42   #176
BHPian

Re: Urgent help required in deciding :-

Quote:
Planning to buy a 6/7/8 seater in very near future.

Nature of drive :- Weekly trip of 650 kilometers with 5 persons (will increase to 6 in few months)
Congrats to the new addition. Foby Jr. .
sharoncr_17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 11:48   #177

Quote:
Shypals man you ought to put a ownership thread. I will be glued to it since I am also planning to buy one soon.

A few queries from my side. Kindly answer them.
  • The mileage that you are getting is great since I am getting the same with my Figo (+/-1kmpl) in the city.
  • How crowded is the locality you live and how much is the mileage variation ?
  • Was the drive with AC on at all times ?
  • Is the steering heavy at all times or just during parking speeds ?
  • How is the gearbox ? Is it heavy and tiring to use and does it need to be played with a lot during the city drive ?
  • How is the engine response during bumper to bumper traffic ?
  • What is the rpm at 100kmph mark ?
I delayed the update as I got surprisingly low mileage for the next tank full. I had used the full tank (all in city) AC on and got only 13.66kmpl. Then another tank full gave me 14.8. I should attribute this to the different fuel pumps I am filling in. the third tank is full now and waiting for the next result.

I stay in pretty trafficky area and a/c is on for like 70% of times, more for avoiding opening windows and dust nuisance. But I shouldnt compare myself to the average office goers as my office is opposite my home and I use the car mostly for mall trips and outings.

Steering 'heaviness' is pretty constant at all speeds.

gearbox is bit 'notchy' but the car pulls easy on 2nd so dont need frequent shifting during city drive. I need to mention one point though that on highway, when I shift from 5th to 4th, it does not get in right slot always as it used to in my ford ikon. the neutral axis is slightly curved.

Rpm at 100k mark on 5th gear is almost touching 3k.

hope I answered all your queries..
Old 1st October 2013, 09:32   #178
Senior - BHPian

Now thats a news from my side !

I booked it in Silver colour and LTZ variant from Trivandrum DEEDI Chevorlet.

Since it was the last working day of second fiscal , I bargained till 6 PM and got good discounts too.

The loan will be approved by today evening.

Fingers crossed
Old 1st October 2013, 11:12   #179
Senior - BHPian

Few things which I came to know while doing the research for Enjoy

1. Gear shifts has to be done with in a short span of time else you will feel a vibration. (As advised by cab drivers)

2. Thrissur geyem Motors , the authorized Chevy dealer is having a test vehicle fitted with Red rooster Tuning box. I test drove it for a pretty long distance. Man, i was flattered with the response of the engine in streaches(Now i am thinking of plonking a tuning box to it). The tuning box alos claims 20 percent increase in milage. The tuning box price is 28,000 INR

3. Almost all the Enjoy owners I discussed have the head lamp problem during rainy season. Chevy is concerned about it and all of them all getting repacement headlamps.

4. One of my friend who have a fleet of Enjoys (Call centre cabs at Cochin) have broken AC vents, which have been duley repaced by Chevy under warranty. One of his driver lost Jakie lever which was also replaced by the dealer.

5. Few test vehicles which I saw have china tires and my question is do all the production models have China tires ?
Old 1st October 2013, 15:28   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shypals View Post
I delayed the update as I got surprisingly low mileage for the next tank full. I had used the full tank (all in city) AC on and got only 13.66kmpl. Then another tank full gave me 14.8. I should attribute this to the different fuel pumps I am filling in. the third tank is full now and waiting for the next result.

I stay in pretty trafficky area and a/c is on for like 70% of times, more for avoiding opening windows and dust nuisance. But I shouldnt compare myself to the average office goers as my office is opposite my home and I use the car mostly for mall trips and outings.

Steering 'heaviness' is pretty constant at all speeds.

gearbox is bit 'notchy' but the car pulls easy on 2nd so dont need frequent shifting during city drive. I need to mention one point though that on highway, when I shift from 5th to 4th, it does not get in right slot always as it used to in my ford ikon. the neutral axis is slightly curved.

Rpm at 100k mark on 5th gear is almost touching 3k.

hope I answered all your queries..
Thanks Shypals. I am confused between Xylo and the Enjoy. At 9L for H4 ABS. Xylo has a good case for itself in the value dept.

Quote:
Now thats a news from my side !

I booked it in Silver colour and LTZ variant from Trivandrum DEEDI Chevorlet.

Since it was the last working day of second fiscal , I bargained till 6 PM and got good discounts too.

The loan will be approved by today evening.

Fingers crossed
Congratulations foby.

How much of a disc did you land ? What was the final price OTR ?
Do take a look at the accessories page on the Chevy enjoy website. They are offering bluetooth stereo as an accessory. Suggest you get it rather than the stock one. There are many others that will make the chevy look formidable. Check it out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks