Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/135550-volkswagen-polo-1-2l-gt-tsi-official-review-98.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 3350402)
The cars wheels will be secured to the container itself, so no issues there. Unless you are not moving it in a car specific container, in which case - Don't.

Driving down will also be a fun option, I would pick this honestly. Do it leisurely over 2-3 days.

If by car specific container you mean the closed body containers meant to carry cars only from automobile factories, then I am considering that only.

Volkswagen Polo doesn't have anything that remotely looks like a lock from inside or anything that resembles a child-lock !! :Frustrati

How does owners manage without locks from inside,especially if you have kids ? Or why on Earth does Volkswagen do this horrible thing that it has no locks whatsoever ??! :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimatechamp (Post 3350562)
Volkswagen Polo doesn't have anything that remotely looks like a lock from inside or anything that resembles a child-lock !! :Frustrati

How does owners manage without locks from inside,especially if you have kids ? Or why on Earth does Volkswagen do this horrible thing that it has no locks whatsoever ??! :eek:

Child lock is present for both the rear doors. It is a screw head kind of thing that needs to be turned on off with the key. The manual has the exact location and instructions. If child lock is not activated a pull off the lever of any door is sufficient to open it from inside. It is to avoid driver dependency to unlock the doors in case of an emergency situation.

The door locks are supposed to be speed sensitive right?

This might be a very silly question , but do the doors open even when the car is travelling by just pulling the lever?

Then wats the function of the lock/unlock buttons in the driver side door?

Logically the doors should only open only when the car is not travelling when there is no separate locking mechanism!

Maybe there are settings which have to be activated/ deactivated?

I am getting the car tomorrow , will check the manual for this first since I've got a naughty 2.5 year old who travels with me most of the time !

Quote:

Originally Posted by atlantis0965 (Post 3351609)

Yes, they get locked once you reach some speed.
Quote:

This might be a very silly question , but do the doors open even when the car is travelling by just pulling the lever?

Yes, from inside you could open the door(by just pulling the lever).
Quote:

Then wats the function of the lock/unlock buttons in the driver side door?

Only applicable when a person from outside the car tries to open.

Hi guys,
During my previous visit to the dealership I was having a candid conversation with the service head regarding all things wrong with VAG in India and their DSG recall/mess. He was very honest in saying that Indian legislative framework doesn't need them to implement a recall(unless the planned bill is turned into a law) and the company wouldn't give a damn unless customers take them to task. You see, this dealership was a convert from Hyundai and they are not very happy with VWs state of affairs. Since that day I have been following up with VW India regarding their stand on DQ200 global recall and GT TSI extended warranty.

After a n number of automated replies finally got a call from VW today.(After I sent a scorching mail to them yesterday on their indifference to customer concerns). This was their stand on the global recall, they are still deliberating on the VIN numbers and the mineral vs. synthetic oil etc. and will start calling relevant customers from the first week of Feb.

And regarding the extended warranty, it was just some lame excuses that the insurance and third party service provider all took time on working out the frame work for the extended warranty and on and on. Finally he assured there is an extended warranty on the car and all customers can avail it within 23 months from the date of purchase and the details will be made available within 15 days or so.

Ofcourse for our beloved members like @Robi and @prithvi, the extended warranty affair wouldn't matter, considering how unique and better their rides have turned out compared to the stock. stupid:

Guys I also want to get an armrest fixed in my car. I guess couple of our members got theirs from Aliexpress. I want to know if it is a perfect fit, as in was there any need to drill holes? The stand they show has three slots for screws and in my ride just found only one screw there. It also looks like a simple DIY, did you guys face any difficulties in installing it. Would appreciate your valuable inputs.

Quote:

This might be a very silly question , but do the doors open even when the car is travelling by just pulling the lever

I have always had these doubt myself and wanted to check it personally as well. Will check it tomorrow in a safe stretch and let u know

Quote:

Maybe there are settings which have to be activated/ deactivated?

I am getting the car tomorrow , will check the manual for this first since I've got a naughty 2.5 year old who travels with me most of the time !
I am not sure if whether Vag Com can fix this but only bullet proof solution for your case would be to strap your little one in a child car seat in the rear and use the childproof lock. It's very simple to use, please see image from manual attached. Page 49 of owners manual.
Cheers,
D

Quote:

Originally Posted by delta5 (Post 3352531)
And regarding the extended warranty, it was just some lame excuses that the insurance and third party service provider all took time on working out the frame work for the extended warranty and on and on. Finally he assured there is an extended warranty on the car and all customers can avail it within 23 months from the date of purchase and the details will be made available within 15 days or so.

I would say keep following up on this. There are a few Jetta owners on this forum, who got the same line/assurance that it can be availed anytime within the 24 months, and they’ve now slipped out the warranty period.

Thanks a lot delta5 !
Mainly for the efforts you have taken thro' emails for the extended warranty, even I contacted VW india thro' email and was told the same thing about costs being worked out.

Yes I am aware of the child lock in the rear doors; I already use a car seat for him , it's just that sometimes on longer trips my son gets a bit cranky and wants to come over In front for sometime.

Guess I'll have to look at other ways to hold him back all the time , more so because of the doors and also because I guess the passenger airbags too can't be switched on/off right?

Polo WRC Front end conversion ordered!! :-) Got two kits coming in.. any takers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by prithwi-81 (Post 3353012)
Polo WRC Front end conversion ordered!! :-) Got two kits coming in.. any takers?

Locally fabricated WRC Front bumper?

Quote:

Locally fabricated WRC Front bumper?
Nope OEM!!! from ze land of ze germanzz :-)

Does the kit come with better headlights?

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandpadhye (Post 3353301)
Does the kit come with better headlights?

Why don't you just go for a Morimoto bi xenon projector setup from Retrorides ? Xenons don't need relays and won't affect warranty as the wattage is far lower than the standard 60w.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prithwi-81 (Post 3353012)

I'm more interested in those rims and is that the R line grille up front?

What would be the alternatives on the fog lamps.. would need them under specific conditions for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shefiu (Post 3354012)
I'm more interested in those rims and is that the R line grille up front?

What would be the alternatives on the fog lamps.. would need them under specific conditions for sure.

Those are ABT rims and come only in 18" size.
There are no fog lamps for the WRC Street front bumper as far as I know. You can fix DRL strips at max.

The R Line grille looks like the regular EU grille to me with an RLine emblem. You can buy the two parts separately.