Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/135550-volkswagen-polo-1-2l-gt-tsi-official-review-66.html)

Does VW hv any plans to release the Polo TSi in manual edition? Not really keen on the DSG, but would love the extra power with gears.

The present VW Polo 1.2 petrol is quite sluggish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsurya (Post 3177981)
Does VW hv any plans to release the Polo TSi in manual edition? Not really keen on the DSG, but would love the extra power with gears.

Hey Surya, am a bit surprised you find the car sluggish. Anyway vw have no plans of releasing a petrol manual any time soon. But they will be releasing the same with a 1.6 litre engine, manual gearbox. You could wait for the Punto Abarth that will be here in a while, it is rumoured to be quick!

Quote:

Anyway vw have no plans of releasing a petrol manual any time soon. But they will be releasing the same with a 1.6 litre engine, manual gearbox.
Which Polo are you referring to? Afaik, the Polo 1.6 was already released and then discontinued.

Is the fully loaded offer applicable on the gt tsi ? What is the emi amount assuming the 20 % downpayment. Also, is insurance covered for 3 years in this scheme ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JishD (Post 3178162)
Is the fully loaded offer applicable on the gt tsi ? What is the emi amount assuming the 20 % downpayment. Also, is insurance covered for 3 years in this scheme ?

No currently there are no offers on this model. I checked out today. The sales guy told me we can opt for insurance from outside and save money.

Is any one aware of any deliveries since the first batch of TSI's were exhausted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancham (Post 3178708)
No currently there are no offers on this model. I checked out today. The sales guy told me we can opt for insurance from outside and save money.

Well, if you work for a corporate there is a measly 6K corp discount. You could also get some freebies (mats, car cover etc), but I guess that's all you can ask for for now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivasuma (Post 3181363)
Well, if you work for a corporate there is a measly 6K corp discount. You could also get some freebies (mats, car cover etc), but I guess that's all you can ask for for now.

Yes that is true. A year or half down the line and I foresee some decent discounts.

What power loss are you reffering to? DSG boxes do not have any powerloss as far as I know, since they are clutch operated unlike conventional torque converters (which is primary powersap) Infact, DSG's offer better mileage than manual in some cases.
By 1.2 I'm sure you are reffering to the 3 Cylinder variant. The 1.2 TSi is quite rev-happy and can conver quite a bit of ground in very little time. Maybe you are comparing the 1.2TSi with Swifts and golfs sold elsewhere :P
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsurya (Post 3177981)

Quote:

Originally Posted by allajunaki (Post 3181818)
What power loss are you reffering to? DSG boxes do not have any powerloss as far as I know, since they are clutch operated unlike conventional torque converters (which is primary powersap) Infact, DSG's offer better mileage than manual in some cases.
By 1.2 I'm sure you are reffering to the 3 Cylinder variant. The 1.2 TSi is quite rev-happy and can conver quite a bit of ground in very little time. Maybe you are comparing the 1.2TSi with Swifts and golfs sold elsewhere :P

I guess he was just referring to extra power as compared to the regular 1.2 petrol! the extra 30-odd hp over the 1.2 with a manual gearbox will be every enthusiast's delight!
Though I agree DSG boxes are very competent when it comes to power delivery and don't hamper fuel economy, but to a really keen driver nothing beats the fun of a manual!

Absolutely agree :) Though, with this they should at least put paddle shifts. Good part is that the GTi steering can be retrofitted, and I don't think warranty will be void since this is a genuine VW part, and its just plug and play, no alterations needed (as far as I know). In fact, after driving TSi (a brief test drive) I'm convinced that my next car will be a DSG (or any form of Dual Clutch or single clutch auto).

Quote:

Originally Posted by 599gto (Post 3181832)
but to a really keen driver nothing beats the fun of a manual!

Good to know about blistering performance of DSG. Can we expect nearly same performance from Ecosport AT? That one is DSG, too. Albeit with a different name of DCT. Nevertheless, both are same.

Am anxiously waiting for ES AT user review. Autocar did not find it exciting but then these jurnos jump off a Porsche test ride and then if they say ES is not exciting, then it is not true review.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgsagar (Post 3181919)
Good to know about blistering performance of DSG. Can we expect nearly same performance from Ecosport AT? That one is DSG, too. Albeit with a different name of DCT. Nevertheless, both are same.

It's not about the transmission alone. The engine has a big role to play. The EcoSport may have a larger capacity engine, but the VW 1.2 TSI has a turbo leading to a huge amount of torque at low RPMs. Plus handling of a tall boy can be no match to a low height hatch's. My money in terms of 'performance' is on VW GT TSI.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgsagar (Post 3181919)

Performance will not be same between ES and Polo TSI as the latter is a turbo petrol producing more torque at lower revs. Also Polo is lighter by over 100KG IMO.

I took a test drive of fiesta AT and i was happy with its performance. Gear shifts were smooth and quick. ES AT comes with tiptronic which is missing in fiesta AT.

I think it's more appropriate to compare the 1.0 ltr Ecoboost on the ES to the 1.2 TSI. Although Ford is not offering an A/T version of the Ecoboost which would have been a direct competitor to the Polo GT in terms of performance. The initial turbolag of the Ecoboost could have been hidden nicely with the help of the ratios on a slick dual clutch gearbox.