Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/135550-volkswagen-polo-1-2l-gt-tsi-official-review-65.html)

I have a question about the Bluetooth system on the GT. I assume you can connect your phone, answer calls via steering button, but can you play your music via Bluetooth too ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by overboost! (Post 3175965)
I have a question about the Bluetooth system on the GT. I assume you can connect your phone, answer calls via steering button, but can you play your music via Bluetooth too ?

Yes, you can. But you will have to select the track/album from your phone itself. The HU will only display the track that it's currently playing. There is no option to skip tracks on the HU.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal (Post 3162742)
Booked the gt in black on june 10th ,awaiting delivery ( was promised june end which now has moved to july 10)

You can ask the dealer to waive off the 'incidental charges'

Get the insurance from a different vendor rather than going with what the dealer suggests(will save some $ there too)

With regards to the extended warranty dealer states they dont have direction from vw that it covers the dsg box too (though he was confident the gearbox will never go wrong)

I might go for the tyre upgrade (185/65/15 michelin's rather than the stock 185/60/15 apollo accelere ) ashoka wheels in minister road says he will buy back the apollo's for 2500 a piece)

Thanks for the Tips, yeah I'd be looking to go for a different vendor for the insurance and also upgrade of tires to either Michelin or Yokohama.

So its 11th of July today, have they delivered your car yet? And any idea on what the waiting period for black colour seems to be right now, I havent visited the dealership yet as I was out of town for a while, looking to pay them a visit this weekend and take a TD as well.

Also was curious to know if Head lamp washers are a necessity on our streets ? I don't think they are even a part of optional equipment in India, so wanted to know if they can they be retrofitted to the Polo here.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-22131.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShortShifter (Post 3176318)
Also was curious to know if Head lamp washers are a necessity on our streets ? I don't think they are even a part of optional equipment in India, so wanted to know if they can they be retrofitted to the Polo here.

They are a good thing to have, especially in dusty or wet environments.

For cars with HID (high intensity discharge) / Xenon headlamps, headlight washers are a requirement by law. This is because dirt on the lens causes the light from the headlights to scatter - which can blind oncoming drivers.

cya
R

I'm still waiting for my delivery. I was expecting it by the end of last month. Looks to be another few weeks wait. Hope the wait ends soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 3176364)
They are a good thing to have, especially in dusty or wet environments.

For cars with HID (high intensity discharge) / Xenon headlamps, headlight washers are a requirement by law. This is because dirt on the lens causes the light from the headlights to scatter - which can blind oncoming drivers.

cya
R

Only in Europe. The US does not require the headlamp washers on xenon cars afaik. Also the new LED based systems do not require headlamp washers even in Europe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esma1981 (Post 3176141)
Yes, you can. But you will have to select the track/album from your phone itself. The HU will only display the track that it's currently playing. There is no option to skip tracks on the HU.

That's strange to hear. I can change tracks from the HU as well as the steering wheel.

Its been a while I've visited the forum, great to see some cool mods with the steering wheel and the paddle shifters. Will be following more closely. Fellow owners, I have a query. Is anyone facing a vibration and humming noise from the AC unit when the car is a idle and normal idle RPM? I've been facing this for a while now. The vibrations disappear when I touch the accelerator or move. The technicians at VW workshop insist that it's just the condenser unit and it's normal. But in all the cars we own (or have owned) I've never heard or felt such a noise.

I've been getting quite a low FE but that's probably not the car's fault. It's just addictive to push that noise pedal just a little bit more than required. City drives with AC comes to 8.6kmpl :D

But what good are headlight washers without headlight wipers?
They should make both mandatory.

BTW, guys, what's the top speed of the GT?
Does it really loose steam after 140? If so, this will be a deal breaker for me - I am so used to my Laura TSi :)

I am thinking the GT DSG will be excellent for city (all the advantages of TSi and DSG + super FE), but I really hope it does not feel asthmatic on the highway...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbk_75 (Post 3176635)
Also the new LED based systems do not require headlamp washers even in Europe.

Even if they are above 2,000 lumens? Whats the reason for this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandpadhye (Post 3176804)

They are fairly high pressure (unlike say the windscreen washer spray), so do a good job of getting the dust and grime off the lens.

cya
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSarker (Post 3176750)
That's strange to hear. I can change tracks from the HU as well as the steering wheel.

My Badstupid:. I just checked it out and turns out it does change tracks on the HU and steering wheel thru bluetooth. The only difference is it can't change the album.

Quote:

Is anyone facing a vibration and humming noise from the AC unit when the car is a idle and normal idle RPM?
I also tired this out on my car although it was under a bit of a noisy situation with rain. I definitely did not see an increase in the vibration by turning on the AC. I did hear the humming of the AC but I too suspect it to be normal. What is suggest is you step out of the car with the AC on to confirm that it's not the same condenser sound that you hear outside. Maybe it's the same sound that is filtering in.

Quote:

I've been getting quite a low FE but that's probably not the car's fault. It's just addictive to push that noise pedal just a little bit more than required. City drives with AC comes to 8.6kmpl :D
You are preaching to the choir my friend.:D

Quote:

Does it really loose steam after 140? If so, this will be a deal breaker for me - I am so used to my Laura TSi :)

The quoted top speed is 190kmph. I can personally vouch for 160 *wink

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 3176838)
Even if they are above 2,000 lumens? Whats the reason for this?

cya
R

Apparently they are able to focus accurately enough even with muck on the headlight cover. Read this on an article for the new 991 Turbo S.

Quote:

I can speak from experience and that is that they are pretty effective due to the high pressure spray. In fact they have a cycle where they come on automatically with every few cycles of usage of the windshield spray on my car. Pretty awesome feature IMHO especially in these monsoons.

Quote:

They should make both mandatory.

The headlight washers are pretty high pressure.

Obviously you can't compare it to the Laura, its a 1.2 vs a 1.8. It won't be as quick as the Laura even after a map.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbk_75 (Post 3176963)
Apparently they are able to focus accurately enough even with muck on the headlight cover. Read this on an article for the new 991 Turbo S.

Yup same reason why the E facelift with LEDs doesn't have headlamp washers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSarker (Post 3176750)

Quote:

Originally Posted by esma1981 (Post 3176908)
My Badstupid:. I just checked it out and turns out it does change tracks on the HU and steering wheel thru bluetooth. The only difference is it can't change the album.

Thats awesome ! Thanks for clearing that up guys.

I have been told today that I have to wait for 2 more weeks, making it 2 months by the time I get my hands on my car. Has any of the other guys on this thread from Chennai have had a delivery in the past month?.