Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/135550-volkswagen-polo-1-2l-gt-tsi-official-review-54.html)

update on the F.E of the GT

Using 97 Octane Petrol im getting 13 kpl in the City and 16-17 kpl on the highway.

Using regular unleaded Petrol i was getting 9.5Kpl in the City and 12-12.5 on the highway.

Plus using higher octane fuel i feel that the engine is smoother and more rev happy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironager (Post 3137422)

Using 97 Octane Petrol im getting 13 kpl in the City and 16-17 kpl on the highway.

Using regular unleaded Petrol i was getting 9.5Kpl in the City and 12-12.5 on the highway.

Plus using higher octane fuel i feel that the engine is smoother and more rev happy.

Read earlier either in this or the scoop thread that normal unleaded petrol should be used and not 97 octane. Do we have any reliable pumps in Chennai selling this?

Quote:

That is quite the revelation! Perhaps you could do 4-5 full tanks on Speed 97 and get a very good idea of overall fuel economy, both in town and on the highway, then do 4-5 full tanks on Speed 91 to compare the economy. Then it will be possible to compare the total running costs on 91 vs 97! Trouble is, of course, that you can barely find 97 octane when you know where to look!:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbk_75 (Post 3137520)
Trouble is, of course, that you can barely find 97 octane when you know where to look!:Frustrati

SHELL of course!, though they are very less in number compared to the PSU ones. Most of the BP pumps have speed 97. I personally never had a like for indianoil or HP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal (Post 3136319)
Would love to see similar reactions from our fellow mumbai(june 1/2) tbhp members :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wfd9IoDUgU

Car shown in here has beige seats. These are regular Polos I believe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thiagust (Post 3137088)
For the other TBHPians who have booked the GT what has been quoted as the waiting period?. I have been given a minimum of 4-6 weeks in Chennai. The SA said that there have been totally 24 bookings and I'm in the top 15. Frustrated with myself that I did not do the booking the moment I was happy with the TD. I was waiting to take a look at Ford ecosport.

I didn't have to wait because the dealer had just one car and i reserved that for myself. I am waiting for the person who bought my 5 1/2 month old Brio S MT to pay the entire amount before i can take delivery of my GT. I haven't traded in my Brio because i was getting a better deal with a private buyer. The GT is working out to be 9.5 Lakh on road including the road tax. Regarding freebies the dealer is giving me a 15,000 discount and also floor mats, mudflaps and teflon coating.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thiagust (Post 3137531)
SHELL of course!, though they are very less in number compared to the PSU ones. Most of the BP pumps have speed 97. I personally never had a like for indianoil or HP.

There are only a handful of BP pumps that sell Speed 97 in Bombay and only one that keeps it in Pune, and half the time they don't have it in stock. Are you saying Shell sells 97 octance fuel? Didn't know that. What's it called?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbk_75 (Post 3138093)

There are only a handful of BP pumps that sell Speed 97 in Bombay and only one that keeps it in Pune, and half the time they don't have it in stock. Are you saying Shell sells 97 octance fuel? Didn't know that. What's it called?

I might be wrong , but the shell super unleaded is 97 octane rated I suppose. If not the only option left would be BP Speed 97 , the number of pumps would be less( googling on this showed a few outlets in chennai as well). I would be taking my car for a refill to an SHELL outlet in Chennai in the next few days and would make it a point to enquire on this.

Just sent out an email to an Id mentioned on shell India site seeking a clarification on the same and will let you know if they come back with anything.

My cars run on 93/95RON fuel from IOC and yes engines do run smoother and the throttle response is sharper. I write 93/95 as the board on pumps read 93 and the IOC spec sheet reads 95. This grade is available at quite a few IOC pumps in every metro city

BTW are you getting 97RON(unleaded with no additives) or 97 Speed. They are different from each other. If 97 unleaded, then do share which pump has this.

Quote:

You can get 93/95RON fuel at certain IOC stations in every Metro. This is normal unleaded petrol but with a better Octane number. Totally different from Speed branded fuels (both Speed & Speed97) as they have additives in them, which is what the auto companies do not recommend.
Quote:

Originally Posted by thiagust (Post 3137509)
Read earlier either in this or the scoop thread that normal unleaded petrol should be used and not 97 octane. Do we have any reliable pumps in Chennai selling this?

AFAIK Shell has been selling fuel with minimum acceptable RON of 93 since they started unless they upgraded in the recent past, which the response to your mail will tell us. The Super Unleaded is their normal fuel + additives, similar to what Speed etc have. Best to buy Shell Normal. The data sheet showing the density and RON number for any batch being sold at Shell pumps at the given time is available with the fuel station supervisor and you can see the RON for the fuel that you are buying.
Quote:

Originally Posted by thiagust (Post 3138135)
I might be wrong , but the shell super unleaded is 97 octane rated I suppose.

Just sent out an email to an Id mentioned on shell India site seeking a clarification on the same and will let you know if they come back with anything.

A question for TSI GT owners. The brochure shows the engine with an engine cover whereas the actual picture posted on page 1 of this thread does not have the engine cover. Do your cars have an engine cover? Or is this one more cost cutting measure. I like the look with an engine cover. Looks very neat and tidy.

I think there are quite a few members who own both Polo GT and Vento, Berry being one of them. Can you please give me a comparison of the suspension feel in these two cars, in terms of ride quality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guite (Post 3138386)
I think there are quite a few members who own both Polo GT and Vento, Berry being one of them. Can you please give me a comparison of the suspension feel in these two cars, in terms of ride quality.

I found the GT to be better, the difference is much evident when you ride over a steep speed bump. The rear wheels in the Vento somehow leave the ground but not in the Polo. Similar thing used to happen in my Punto as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NevGin (Post 3138313)
A question for TSI GT owners. The brochure shows the engine with an engine cover whereas the actual picture posted on page 1 of this thread does not have the engine cover. Do your cars have an engine cover? Or is this one more cost cutting measure. I like the look with an engine cover. Looks very neat and tidy.

What you see in the OP is what you get! The engine does not have a cover like the one shown in the brochure. Yes, this looks like some cheap cost cutting on a expensive hatch.

I finally had the chance to take my GT on a long drive, where she could stretch her legs. Some pleasure it was! However, the skies opened on my return journey to spoil my otherwise perfect day. The car handled well, considering the amount of rain water accumulation on the highway. During this time, my cousin who was following me, called me up and told me that one of my rear fog lamps isn't working. :Frustrati Cost cutting in safety, not cool VW.

cheers,
D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by delta5 (Post 3138426)
During this time, my cousin who was following me, called me up and told me that one of my rear fog lamps isn't working. :Frustrati Cost cutting in safety, not cool VW.

cheers,
D.

Errr, it is not cost cutting. We get only one foglamp at the rear. The slot on the other side is occupied by the reversing lamp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIV3R (Post 3138441)
Errr, it is not cost cutting. We get only one foglamp at the rear. The slot on the other side is occupied by the reversing lamp.

Ofcourse, I am aware of the reversing lamp taking the left slot.

My view is that, it should always be twin reversing lights and twin rear fog lamps and IIRC I have seen few VAG cars in Europe with above setup. I am aware of the other school of thought which feels having two rear fog lamps will reduce the conspicuity of the stop lamp when the rear fogs are used. For a regular Indian highway driver like me who gets splitting headache during monsoons because of the dizzying blinkers/hazard lights, twin rear fog lamps will be a big boon(assuming our fellow drivers use them instead of hazard lamps). please:

Even today there was a plethora of blinkers thrown at me, and all the while moving at speeds of above 50kmph, is it just me or moving vehicles with hazards gets you all as well?

Cheers,
D.