Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/135550-volkswagen-polo-1-2l-gt-tsi-official-review-491.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidharth.exe (Post 5801252)
Hi BHPian's,

I got myself a used 2015 Polo 1.2 gt tsi 2 months back as my first car and I have never driven something like this ever before. The car has been doing good so far for the last 2 months. It has barely run 50k kms so far. Everything was working as it should until this morning when the car decided not to upshift from D1 to D1(Not even in manual mode). I thought it had something to do with the mechatronic giving up on me. I skipped a beat for a moment as I thought I would now have to spend a good 1 lakh to a used car that I brought for 4 lacs. However, after switching off the car and starting the car the issue somehow disappeared and it has been running fine since then.

Please help me if you have faced the same issue, is it regarding the mechatronic or it can be something else.

See if this is the case. My car still runs fine, but this lag is slowly creeping, it seems (though for years now!)

Look at this and the messages that precede. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5675269

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidharth.exe (Post 5801252)
Hi BHPian's,

Please help me if you have faced the same issue, is it regarding the mechatronic or it can be something else.

Get your battery checked.

Hi. I bought a used 2017 make Polo GT TSI in February this year. Prior to purchase, I was informed by the service center that the front suspension might need to be overhauled, as they had developed a leak, so I thought that I will replace them with the Sachs suspension after a few months.

Now, I had ordered the following parts which got delivered to my house yesterday:

Sachs front shock absorbers (part no. 314 717)
Top Mount Meyle
Top Mount bearing Meyle
Stabilizer bar bush/ Balance rod bush Meyle

This are the parts which a well known FNG in Pune had said that will be required to be replaced when I took the car to him to get the suspension checked. Are there any other parts along with these which may need to be replaced? I actually don't want to go back to the FNG as his prices were absurdly high and the other garage which I am planning to go to get these parts fixed is located far from my house with him mentioning that he can only get an estimate of the parts required to be replaced apart from the aforementioned ones after he checks my car.

Requesting members to kindly chip in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanmay1904 (Post 5811724)
Hi. I bought a used 2017 make Polo GT TSI in February this year. Prior to purchase, I was informed by the service center that the front suspension might need to be overhauled, as they had developed a leak, so I thought that I will replace them with the Sachs suspension after a few months.

Now, I had ordered the following parts which got delivered to my house yesterday:

Top Mount Meyle
Top Mount bearing Meyle

This are the parts which a well known FNG in Pune had said that will be required to be replaced when I took the car to him to get the suspension checked. Are there any other parts along with these which may need to be replaced? I actually don't want to go back to the FNG as his prices were absurdly high and the other garage which I am planning to go to get these parts fixed is located far from my house with him mentioning that he can only get an estimate of the parts required to be replaced apart from the aforementioned ones after he checks my car.

Changing just the front dampers to aftermarket items will upset the car’s balance. My recommendation, (especially considering the age of the car, and the fact that the stock suspension from factory is strictly below average), would be to change all four dampers. It’s worth it, in the long run, especially if you intend on retaining the car for a long time.

Get the ball joints and drop links examined, as well as the lower arms.

Refreshing the entire suspension will transform the driving experience. Avoid doing it piece-meal. It will save you labour, time and repeated FNG visits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanmay1904 (Post 5811724)

Top Mount Meyle
Top Mount bearing Meyle

Best to get both front and rears fitted with the Sachs since it does transform the ride of the car. Also maybe go through some of the posts from other Sachs users in the forum that have gone through the pain of fine tuning the suspension to get it to a more comfortable ride.

I'm running Sachs on both front and rear on my Polo GT as well, I can whole heartedly attest that the car can get a bit too firm for everyday city drives.

Guys, my left front and rear right tires have been leaking air slowly, without a puncture, losing often 10+ PSi within a month, and today at the 5th year service, the SA suggested I replace them, and of course all 4 tires together to avoid uneven wear and tear. The car has run 30k kms.

The service centre offers Goodyear Assurance and Continental UC6. I'm leaning towards the Continentals, for no other reason except the brand, but has anyone had recent experience with these two models, and with other brands? My car runs the stock Apollos.

This is primarily a city car, and has to deal with poor roads, but I dont want to lose the any of the agility of the car as I'm a spirited driver, but would love to get a better ride, and of course durability for our roads.

ps: this is a car for life!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cayman360 (Post 5814110)
Guys, my left front and rear right tires have been leaking air slowly, without a puncture, losing often 10+ PSi within a month, and today at the 5th year service, the SA suggested I replace them, and of course all 4 tires together to avoid uneven wear and tear. The car has run 30k kms.

The service centre offers Goodyear Assurance and Continental UC6. I'm leaning towards the Continentals, for no other reason except the brand, but has anyone had recent experience with these two models, and with other brands? My car runs the stock Apollos.

This is primarily a city car, and has to deal with poor roads, but I dont want to lose the any of the agility of the car as I'm a spirited driver, but would love to get a better ride, and of course durability for our roads.

ps: this is a car for life!

I've been running the UC6 (205/55/16) for the past year since upgrading from my stock 15"s (185/55/15) that were MRF's.

Day and night difference in terms of road noise, comfort and grip. Really good wet weather grip as well since I've noticed during the monsoons this year, though the car tends to slights aquaplane over puddles if driven over them at highway speeds because of the wider width.

P.S: This car is for life as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrisonMike (Post 5814204)
I've been running the UC6 (205/55/16) for the past year since upgrading from my stock 15"s (185/55/15) that were MRF's.

the car tends to slights aquaplane over puddles if driven over them at highway speeds because of the wider width.

Thanks for the feedback, this helps! I plan to stick to the 195s.

Also was wondering if wheel balancing and alignment would have increased the life of these tires, as I've never done it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cayman360 (Post 5814447)
Also was wondering if wheel balancing and alignment would have increased the life of these tires, as I've never done it.

Definitely helps prolong the tires. Don't forget to rotate them every 5,000-10,000 kms too.

Greetings guys,

It is time for a tyre change on my Polo 1.2 GT TSI, The current ones are the stock which came with the car are MRF ZVTV 195/55 R16. They have been driven for about 30K now and have a bit of life left in them so thinking of exchanging and having a better deal on the new set plus I am thinking of Continentals CC6 or Yokohama Earth 1 or Yokohama s-Drive.

Plus any tips & tricks for tyre maintenance and making a better decision for new tyres!

So any suggestions would be appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VikramAditya (Post 5814678)
Greetings guys,

It is time for a tyre change on my Polo 1.2 GT TSI, The current ones are the stock which came with the car are MRF ZVTV 195/55 R16. They have been driven for about 30K now and have a bit of life left in them so thinking of exchanging and having a better deal on the new set plus I am thinking of Continentals CC6 or Yokohama Earth 1 or Yokohama s-Drive.

Plus any tips & tricks for tyre maintenance and making a better decision for new tyres!

So any suggestions would be appreciated.

I can vouch for the Yokohama S Drives. I got them fitted on my GT TSI the next day after delivery. My car had come with JK tyres.

I have been very happy with their performance. My car is nearing the 40000 km mark. Outright for comfort the Continentals might be a little better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 5814726)
I can vouch for the Yokohama S Drives. I got them fitted on my GT TSI the next day after delivery. My car had come with JK tyres.

I have been very happy with their performance. My car is nearing the 40000 km mark. Outright for comfort the Continentals might be a little better.

Thank you for your early reply!

How about the average on S-drives? Are you running on the stock 195/55/R16 or upsized the tyre in any way? What about comfort in potholes?

Continentals are good as you are right. Their build is better and you can feel the premiumness in any Continentals.

Reached this milestone yesterday :cool:
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20240801-9.10.54-pm.jpeg

After 9 years of ownership and getting it serviced at authorized VW service centres I have decided to get the annual maintenance done in a FNG. Do we have periodic maintenance schedule list for 1.2 TSI? I am cross posting this question from another thread for wider reach. I do not want to miss any part replacement or anything which needs attention as per schedule on the longer run.

I might be buying a bigger car next year but GT will stay, this one is a keeper:loveit I have way too many special memories to let it go +there is a weird satisfaction to own these machines for years and maintain it like you bought it yesterday(I have a bike which is 21year old). But, this car is such a money pit, there is just no end to what you can do to this car.

The VW service centre offered Continental UC6s made in November 2023, and said tires are fine till a year after they are manufactured, and that OEM supplied tires are of better quality than from dealers, and the warranty claims are easier as well. They will offer a 2 year warranty from the day of purchase. Any suggestions? I'm not keen on 2023 tires.

They also have Feb '24 made Goodyears, that maybe a better bet.

Since this is a significant purchase for the car, I'm wondering whether buying from the service centre will be better than from a dealer. Or, can large dealers be trusted?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cayman360 (Post 5816007)
The VW service centre offered Continental UC6s made in November 2023, and said tires are fine till a year after they are manufactured, and that OEM supplied tires are of better quality than from dealers, and the warranty claims are easier as well. They will offer a 2 year warranty from the day of purchase. Any suggestions? I'm not keen on 2023 tires.

They also have Feb '24 made Goodyears, that maybe a better bet.

Since this is a significant purchase for the car, I'm wondering whether buying from the service centre will be better than from a dealer. Or, can large dealers be trusted?

Buying from the service centre makes absolutely no difference. Go to a trusted tyre shop and see if they have newer stock. There should be a lot of good options for the Polo, whether you have 15" or 16" wheels.