Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/135550-volkswagen-polo-1-2l-gt-tsi-official-review-459.html)

Quote:

I wanted to check with other owners: is the observation of 2sec delay before the car creeps (I've since tested and noticed this multiple times on my car) normal or is there something actually off?
If you have access to VCDS you can find it out for yourselves.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...utch-wear.html

Hi guys

Can anyone recommend a good tyre shop/showroom in Mumbai?
I am looking at getting a new set of rubbers for my car, along with changing the stock 15" to 16". I was wondering if anyone had some recommendations for places with a good selection of rims and tyres around the city.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by corvus corax (Post 5210217)
If you have access to VCDS you can find it out for yourselves.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...utch-wear.html

Thanks. Getting this checked. Don't have VCDS but this is a good reason to get it!

Is the 2-3 sec time lag before creep mode observation correct?

Quote:

the 2-3 sec time lag before creep mode observation correct?
In my 20k run car it is instantaneous. However, it has a new flywheel in place. So might not be accurate for its age.
I think you can ask your SA to perform a clutch adaptation. Hopefully, that will solve your issue. To read more about this, please go to https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...gearbox-7.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhushan08 (Post 5210152)
I wanted to check with other owners: is the observation of 2sec delay before the car creeps (I've since tested and noticed this multiple times on my car) normal or is there something actually off?

My car has always had that lag too, maybe it has slightly increased over the years Or since I bought the Octavia, I notice this more, because the Octavia doesn't have any lag!. But I'm sure that Polo's DQ200 never responded like Octavia's.

As far as creep speed is concerned, the creep on the Polo was never fast enough for creeping in traffic. I will have to check on the exact creep speed. Will update next time I drive it.

BTW my car is now going to be almost 7 years old - and done 70k+. Still rocks :Cheering:

I've always felt the generic plastic valve caps to be an eyesore and had tried out a few metal ones over the years. In a fit of indulgence, got a set of original VW OEM brass valve caps for my GT TSI.
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-pxl_20211208_053358514.jpg
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-pxl_20211208_053418549.jpg

Lovely knurled finish and quite heavy too!
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-pxl_20211208_133405225.portrait.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI (Post 5211764)
I've always felt the generic plastic valve caps to be an eyesore and had tried out a few metal ones over the years. In a fit of indulgence, got a set of original VW OEM brass valve caps for my GT TSI.
Attachment 2243026
Attachment 2243022

Lovely knurled finish and quite heavy too!
Attachment 2243023

Looks lovely!
Can you post a few pictures of it after fitment?

Dear friends,

Please suggest me an OEM reverse parking camera for my early 2018 GT TSI in Bangalore. Enquired from VW Bangalore in North Nagavara but they said no genuine VW camera (from Vento, Ameo etc.) will fit the GT.

Please help with suggestions along with approximate cost.

Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrisonMike (Post 5212616)
Can you post a few pictures of it after fitment?

Irony is that I could not procure the valve caps earlier and it sits on aftermarket Momos :)

Hi,

My polo gt is due for 3rd service. Recently noticed there is some weird noise coming from left side of the bonnet. This happens when I am accelerating seems to be some vibrating noise or turbo whining. Can anyone suggest what I should be looking out for or has experienced similar kind of issue?

Hi guys,

Happy new year to all!

I just wanted to ask for the sake of general knowledge, if the 'pshh ppshh' sounds coming from the shocks are a common occurrence with the GT? Especially at night, the sound seems to be quite noticeable. I just wanted to rule out any possible issues that may be causing it.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrisonMike (Post 5226585)
I just wanted to ask for the sake of general knowledge, if the 'pshh ppshh' sounds coming from the shocks are a common occurrence with the GT?

Yes, I remember reading about this being normal, couple of times in this thread. Mine makes the same sound from day 1. It's not intrusive at all, though - you can only hear it when it's very quiet outside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrisonMike (Post 5226585)
Hi guys,

Happy new year to all!

I just wanted to ask for the sake of general knowledge, if the 'pshh ppshh' sounds coming from the shocks are a common occurrence with the GT? Especially at night, the sound seems to be quite noticeable. I just wanted to rule out any possible issues that may be causing it.

Thanks!

Happy New Year mate!

Yes this hissing sound is common to the front suspension. You can hear this any time of the day, as long as traffic is not constantly honking rl:, if you drive with your windows rolled down and go over speed bumps. The rebound on the suspension always give this sound.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KapilD (Post 5226644)
Happy New Year mate!

Yes this hissing sound is common to the front suspension. You can hear this any time of the day, as long as traffic is not constantly honking rl:, if you drive with your windows rolled down and go over speed bumps. The rebound on the suspension always give this sound.

Thanks for clarifying that man, appreciate it!

Another issue I noticed is that whenever there is a period where in the car has been sitting stationary for more than 3 days, there is a loud clanking sound the second the car moves forward when I release the break after shifting to D. Sounds as though the brakes are frozen in place or something.

Is this something to worry about?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrisonMike (Post 5227827)
Another issue I noticed is that whenever there is a period where in the car has been sitting stationary for more than 3 days, there is a loud clanking sound the second the car moves forward when I release the break after shifting to D. Sounds as though the brakes are frozen in place or something.

Is this something to worry about?

The same happens to my car if I parked it on tiled surface with wet tires or when surface is wet. I think it is the case of tires getting glued to the surface as water dries up.

It is not a problem at all but your conditions may differ.