Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2018, 14:14   #5596
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post

On another note, I see that there have been a few complaints about the Indian spec OEM armrest that can be bought from VW directly for approx 6k. Do you recommend this or the GTI spec one? OEM GTI spec leather one (with rear cup holders) available on AliExpress for approx 8k including shipping (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM-...5bbd3c00stUD35). Would appreciate recommendations.

Thank you.
The OEM armrest on the Polo is fine and totally worth it. I paid approx 5600 for it from VW Gurgaon. It has a cup holder on the back.

There is nothing wrong with the design or durability as such. VW has been using this armrest for donkeys years (My guess is 20 years). I had the same one in my 2006 Octavia and the only thing that went wrong was the locking mechanism of the lid (due to mishandling). I got a replacement lid from AliExpress for 900 bucks which was good for the 5 years I had the car (and must still be OK).

Last edited by Viraat13 : 29th November 2018 at 14:17. Reason: Quoting relevant bits
Old 2nd December 2018, 06:19   #5597
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Recently installed the Data Dongle that's available in the new connect edition, in my GT TSI. This works with the VW CONNECT App.
I am a little confused on how this works.

I was told that on occasions when someone else drives the car, I can access the data and get details in retrospective.

However, it seems that only if my phone is connected to the dongle there's an accurate account of the trips done.

This doesn't make sense.

Does anyone have any experience on this?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by satyanu28 : 2nd December 2018 at 06:20.
Old 4th December 2018, 17:25   #5598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyanu28 View Post
Recently noticed the low coolant warning twice. While on the road I topped it with water. ... My cars a 2016 model. Thankfully the extended warranty covered the costs. Has anyone else experienced these issues?
I have faced the exact same issue the exact same number of times in the last one month. She is due for annual servicing this month. Will get it checked then. My car is under extended warranty too, so am not too worried on that count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Were you able to source this? Any leads would be appreciated. Thank you.
No luck. :(
Old 5th December 2018, 16:08   #5599
BHPian

Hey everyone. I have been following this thread closely ever since I have zeroed in on buying the polo gt tsi.

The delay in purchasing one has solely been because of my timing worries.

Earlier it was the talk of change to mqb platform. But that is as far as 2020 end we are talking about. And I do not wish to wait that long.

Now with that coming up, it maybe possible that the coming year VW would only come up with minor changes if at all they do so?

My dilemma right now is should I purchase the car now? As of December(with hopes of getting some offer) or should I purchase one in January next year just to get the year difference? In any case I do not want to wait till mid next year for newer model to be announced, if at all that happens.

Also side note, every time I have spoken to the SA at the dealership regarding any offers or discount, he has the same answer, that gt tsi is our top model car sir and there will never be any offers/discounts on the same.

Apart from this do you think, there could be some discounts offered in terms of selling off old stock of 2018 before start of 2019?

Thanks for the input. Looking to finalize upon my purchase decision.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 11th December 2018 at 12:41. Reason: Minor formatting
Old 5th December 2018, 19:51   #5600
BHPian

@phro, I can share my experience. I was in exactly the same situation until about week back. We had decided to get a better (and safer) car for my wife (she was driving an Alto AMT) and GT TSI blew us away.

Same dilemma though - wait for the new model and/or wait for the next year.

New model: As you pointed out. Too far out in the future. Life is about living this moment. This was an easy one to decide

Jan vs. now: (a) There is unlikely to a big bang change in the car anytime soon (b) The car being made available is MY19 - already comes with the next year changes - a different aloy and some other superficial changes. (c) There is hardly an old stock. GT TSI is a fast (relatively) moving model and all dealers I spoke to confirmed it. The only upside of Jan is in resale (year 2019 vs. 2018) but you don't get to drive what is an amazing car for 2 months!

We got an Oct made car absolutely fresh off the block - just 10km run and it was in transit when we placed the order (Mid of Nov). Paper work took some time.

On discount: Hard to get it as it is their top end model and they are stingy with it for this one. However, this Diwali was a bit of a downer so dealers are eager to overcome the sales quota backlog. The thing I did was to play one dealer against the other and push for add-ons (e.g. extended warranty, reverse camera, accessories, arm rest). All of this lead to an absolute savings of ~35K. (I'm based in Gurgaon with two VW dealers). You can try the same and hopefully, they will rush to meet their monthly sales goals.

About the car - early days but very happy so far. I am hoping it continues to live up to the hype and expectations
bhushan08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2018, 16:24   #5601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
The OEM armrest on the Polo is fine and totally worth it. I paid approx 5600 for it from VW Gurgaon. It has a cup holder on the back.

There is nothing wrong with the design or durability as such. VW has been using this armrest for donkeys years (My guess is 20 years). I had the same one in my 2006 Octavia and the only thing that went wrong was the locking mechanism of the lid (due to mishandling). I got a replacement lid from AliExpress for 900 bucks which was good for the 5 years I had the car (and must still be OK).
While the OEM armrest does everything fine. The question was about it's build quality. I have heard the GTI arm rest is built sturdier. My GT armrest lid is already creaking after 12 months of usage, that noise is just irritating in an otherwise rattle free environment.
Old 8th December 2018, 18:00   #5602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
My GT armrest lid is already creaking after 12 months of usage, that noise is just irritating in an otherwise rattle free environment.
Apply lubricating spray on the moving or creaking parts. The noise should be gone. The service centre should know which spray to use.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 13:53   #5603
BHPian

Quote:
While the OEM armrest does everything fine. The question was about it's build quality. I have heard the GTI arm rest is built sturdier. My GT armrest lid is already creaking after 12 months of usage, that noise is just irritating in an otherwise rattle free environment.
Could be simply because of a lack of lubrication or because the support bolt needs to be tightened. Have you been to the SC? What do they say?
Old 10th December 2018, 17:33   #5604
BHPian

Quote:
My GT armrest lid is already creaking after 12 months of usage, that noise is just irritating in an otherwise rattle free environment.
I have had the same issue with the OEM armrest. Its a rattle box now. I have stopped using it off late (in upright position) due to the rattles.
Old 11th December 2018, 12:20   #5605
BHPian

I was just chatting with a sales rep from the VW Pune dealer and it seems the carbon steel colour is discontinued and replaced by a blue colour. Also on-road cost is now 11.11 lakhs in Pune. Thinking of getting it this month or the next :-)
Old 11th December 2018, 14:06   #5606
BHPian

@bhushan08 sir,
Thanks for the detailed yet crisp point by point breakdown explanation.
Firstly congratulations on owning the tsi!
HAPPY munching.!!
Also, is the present tsi coming with goodyear tires?

On giving it a closer thought, I also would want to get the car as soon as possible, over waiting for the right moment.

Spoke to the dealer again, and told him straight out, I'll come right now and make a purchase if you give me 35k worth discounts/accessories. He seems to have taken it seriously as he said give me little time and I'll get you a proper deal(hopefully he does ).
Now he did mention he has three cars with all the colors sitting with him so the waiting period should be a minimum. But that just means I'll have to be more careful with pdi etc.
I inquired about the blue color as mentioned by Vishal, but he was confident it's coming in these three colors only.
Maybe we would have to wait for it much longer here in ludhiana.
He did mention an imminent price increment in the coming months with regards to showroom price increase as well as increase in RC charges etc.
Old 11th December 2018, 15:21   #5607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phro View Post
I inquired about the blue color as mentioned by Vishal, but he was confident it's coming in these three colors only.
I can confirm the blue color is available for the GT TSI as it was mentioned by a Pune dealer while I was taking a test drive with a friend. This was 6 weeks ago. Also saw it in person. Unsure about the carbon steel grey being discontinued though.
Old 11th December 2018, 15:30   #5608
BANNED

For any of the dealers claiming that there is no blue colour. Show them this pic. This car alone standing outside VW safdarjung in vasant kunj convinced me to TD the GT TSI and boy am i worried why did that. It was too good :lol
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20181125wa0009.jpg  

agambhandari is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 11:23   #5609
BHPian

Chucked out the OEM battery (Exide 36AH) after just over 2 years (car is October 2016 manufactured) and replaced with a Amaron battery.

All the weak battery related issues have been resolved. However I've noticed the one touch up/down feature of the windows is not working. Anyone faced this issue after a battery change?

Other than this the car is doing fine.
Old 12th December 2018, 11:28   #5610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
However I've noticed the one touch up/down feature of the windows is not working. Anyone faced this issue after a battery change?

You need to reset it. Press the down switch, lower the window fully, keep the down switch pressed for a few seconds. Then press the up switch, raise the window fully yet keep the up switch pressed for a few seconds and you will be all set.
anandpadhye is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks