Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/135550-volkswagen-polo-1-2l-gt-tsi-official-review-337.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbopetrol (Post 4334020)
Would you mind telling me how much did it cost for the Sump guard? Is it a direct fit for GT TSI? Also which VW dealer did you choose?

It's a direct fit for the GT TSI. These are sump guards that used to come earlier with the GT TDIs. It would cost around 12-14K.
The VW dealer is Elite Motors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbopetrol (Post 4334870)
Can you please share the pictures of the body coloured spoiler?

The spoilers come only black now. Irrespective of the body colour that you choose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 4334888)

...but this isn't. It's got nothing to do with the indicator.

Actually I was correct. I just tested it. While headlights are on and when I turn on the indicator (without touching the steering wheel) the fog lamp on the indicator side lights up.

And you were correct too. While headlights are on and on turning the steering wheel (without touching the indicator) the fog lamp on the side where steering wheel is turned to lights up.

Both methods were tested by me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dextertuned (Post 4334903)
The spoilers come only black now. Irrespective of the body colour that you choose.

That was my understanding as well; but someone just mentioned

"The car has black side mirrors but the spoiler is body coloured"

Hence I just wanted to see some pictures and confirm that information.

If anyone has changed tyres on the 2013-14 GT's, would like to know if you noticed uneven wear and tear, my car has done 30500kms and I notice the stock apollos at front are a lot more worn out as compared to the rear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhruvritzed (Post 4335093)
If anyone has changed tyres on the 2013-14 GT's, would like to know if you noticed uneven wear and tear, my car has done 30500kms and I notice the stock apollos at front are a lot more worn out as compared to the rear.

Did you rotate, balance and align the tyres at regular intervals (5000-7000km)? Otherwise the fronts in a front wheel drive car will obviously wear more than the rears.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reignofchaos (Post 4335113)
Did you rotate, balance and align the tyres at regular intervals (5000-7000km)? Otherwise the fronts in a front wheel drive car will obviously wear more than the rears.

Haven't done so in the last 12000kms, will do that .But the rear ones are also not that great, they'll go 10000kms at max, is that the life to be expected from stock tyres?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhruvritzed (Post 4335093)

Generally, the front tyres wear out faster than the rear.

The effects are due to
a) Braking- When brakes are applied there is weight transfer from the rear to the front which creates forces are to the front tyres.

b) Steering- The front tyres do all the steering of the vehicles. Hence these wear out first.

In addition, front wheel drive adds to the wear as the driving forces are applied to the front wheels.

It is advisable to rotate the tyres (front - rear) every 5-7K Kms to prevent this uneven wear.

Has anyone here tried to use the rain/light sensor(RLS) in the latest polo to enable auto headlamps?
Since the sensor is already present, it might just be a matter of changing the headlight switch?

Any thoughts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by revved_up (Post 4335140)
Has anyone here tried to use the rain/light sensor(RLS) in the latest polo to enable auto headlamps?
Since the sensor is already present, it might just be a matter of change the headlight switch?

Any thoughts?

Tried to see if this would work in my Ameo. On digging around, found out that the connector is different for the manual and auto switches. The Auto switch connector is smaller and the connector in the car is a larger one so the switches are not interchangeable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep (Post 4335143)
Tried to see if this would work in my Ameo. On digging around, found out that the connector is different for the manual and auto switches. The Auto switch connector is smaller and the connector in the car is a larger one so the switches are not interchangeable.

Yes, i also noticed this. The connector is bigger and the auto ones available on aliexpress have smaller connector :Frustrati. I thought maybe there is a auto switch available with bigger connector too, but unable to find.

So, the only option left is to install the switch which comes with its own light sensor and is much more expensive than just the auto switch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep (Post 4335143)

Quote:

Originally Posted by revved_up (Post 4335148)
So, the only option left is to install the switch which comes with its own light sensor and is much more expensive than just the auto switch.

It's not just the headlight switch that implements auto light function. For auto light to work, you need the BCM to drive the headlights. The rain light sensor is connected to the BCM and only if the wiring is there to support BCM driving the headlights auto lights will work.

In the Indian Polo, the headlights are not controlled by the BCM. They are directly driven by the headlight switch. For auto light to work the OEM way, you need to change the wiring harness to connect the headlight switch signals to the BCM and the BCM signals to the headlights. This will also require a BCM upgrade.

Check out the below thread for details on this wiring change.

OEM BiXenon Installation

So, the easiest way to get auto light is to get the controller from AliExpress that has the light sensor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by graaja (Post 4335252)
So, the easiest way to get auto light is to get the controller from AliExpress that has the light sensor.

Thanks, this was very informative. I read in your thread that you were earlier using the switch with light sensor from aliexpress earlier. Have a question regarding that, with that particular switch can coming home/leaving home feature be enabled?
I am guessing not, since the bcm doesnt have control on lights still :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbopetrol (Post 4334870)
Can you please share the pictures of the body coloured spoiler?

Here is the picture. According to my VIN the car is manufactured in November 2017 and the Model code is J which is a 2018 Model. :confused:

Took the reference of VIN via the T-BHP explainer

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionell (Post 4335359)
Here is the picture. According to my VIN the car is manufactured in November 2017 and the Model code is J which is a 2018 Model. :confused:

That car doesnt have a spoiler. Same like mine which was delivered in Oct

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionell (Post 4335359)

I'm afraid that is not the spoiler we are looking at. The GT TSI spoiler is missing on the car. I wanted to confirm what I was thinking; and hence asked for the picture.

Please have a look at this page; post by "asitkde" :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/135550-volkswagen-polo-1-2l-gt-tsi-official-review-296.html

The actual spoiler would have been fixed on top of what you considered as spoiler in your picture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhruvritzed (Post 4335117)
Haven't done so in the last 12000kms, will do that .But the rear ones are also not that great, they'll go 10000kms at max, is that the life to be expected from stock tyres?

Its all upto how you drive, on what surfaces the tyres run and finally how punctually rotation, balancing and alignment is done. 40000 km is pretty decent life to be honest.