Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/135550-volkswagen-polo-1-2l-gt-tsi-official-review-336.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbopetrol (Post 4329538)
While cruising on the highway (about 50-60kmph, D mode) if I suddenly floor the pedal for an overtake maneuver, the car takes about a second to respond. That is, the reaction is not instantaneous. After that one second, there is a huge power surge; but then the overtake opportunity might be lost. It is not confidence inspiring to me. Is it how the DSG is supposed to work? Any work around to improve the responsiveness while flooring the pedal while on D mode?

I very rarely use D mode on highways. Always in S. More enjoyable, the delay seen in D mode does not exist, and it is in S6 at 90-100kmph. Mileage also does not drop much. Don't see any real reason to use D in long highway drives.

Just returned back from a 1600 Kms road trip to Chitkul

Delhi -> Solan -> Shimla -> Narkanda -> Sarahan -> Kalpa -> Sangla -> Chitkul -> Delhi

Very impressed with how the GT Performed during the trip. The Roads were a combination of extremely smooth stretches, severely broken ones especially near the Karcham dam and very high altitudes. The temperatures in Chitkul were very low (-14 at one point) and the Car performed brilliantly and handled everything we threw at it without breaking a sweat.

Here are a couple of shots from Chitkul

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-dsc0881.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-dsc07952.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbopetrol (Post 4329538)
While cruising on the highway (about 50-60kmph, D mode) if I suddenly floor the pedal for an overtake maneuver, the car takes about a second to respond. That is, the reaction is not instantaneous. After that one second, there is a huge power surge; but then the overtake opportunity might be lost. It is not confidence inspiring to me. Is it how the DSG is supposed to work? Any work around to improve the responsiveness while flooring the pedal while on D mode?

My Vento TSI also exhibits similar behaviour. When I want instant acceleration the engine takes a second or two to respond and then lunges forward. It a bit disconcerting. Some people reported this behaviour after a software update in 2016, which was released to fix gearbox jerking issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guite (Post 4328205)
Since there is no other dedicated TSI thread which I know of, I will post here. Mine is a Vento TSI one year and three months, 28,000 km. Today while on the move there was two or three beeps and message "STOP" was displayed in the space whether gear number is normally displayed. We were in crawling traffic jam at that time. There was three lanes to our left, so it was not possible to stop immediately. There was no other warning light or message. It drove normally. The STOP message went off after sometime. We continued driving normally.

What does this message mean?

Gearbox overheat.
Either stop and turn off
Or
Drive faster than 25 or 40kmhr (exact in manual)

Came back from my new year holidays and well the Polo battery has gone completely kaput. The car is a year and a half old. VAG oem batteries are just terrible!

Quote:

Originally Posted by reignofchaos (Post 4332289)
Came back from my new year holidays and well the Polo battery has gone completely kaput. The car is a year and a half old. VAG oem batteries are just terrible!

My Polo TSi OEM battery is going strong even after 4 years!

Quote:

Originally Posted by reignofchaos (Post 4332289)

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandpadhye (Post 4332347)
My Polo TSi OEM battery is going strong even after 4 years!

What are the makes and models of your batteries?

It may also help if you would let know your driving frequency and typical distance/duration of drives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swissknife (Post 4332375)
What are the makes and models of your batteries?

It may also help if you would let know your driving frequency and typical distance/duration of drives.

Mine has the OEM exide battery. On speaking to few other folks with the same car, it appears lots of folks have had the OEM battery die on them by the second year.

My car was driven daily until I went away for christmas holidays for a couple of weeks. Returned back to see the car battery completely flat with even the central locking not working.

Quote:

Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 (Post 4332152)
Gearbox overheat.
Either stop and turn off
Or
Drive faster than 25 or 40kmhr (exact in manual)

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I usually read manuals but this one is common for various models, so there are many information which are not applicable to my model, so I got bored.

There were days when I had driven in far worse traffic jam, in higher ambient temperature and for longer duration of jam. I am quite surprised this message came up on a December afternoon.

After a month of reading and research, I went ahead and booked the 1.2 TSI. Mainly 'cause wife was not ready to settle for anything less, secondly, got a good deal on it since the ASM was a friend.

After much bargaining, got a deal for 10.75 on-road (Bangalore) with extended warranty, return to invoice, Bumper 2 Bumper insurance, RSA, standard accessories.

Added 3 things from showroom Black Side moulding + Armrest + Underbelly protection (sump guard) - Got some 25% off on these too. Overall a good deal.

Stock tyres are crap. MRF ZVTs. Got it changed at MADHUS with Pirelli P7 Cinturato (205/55/16). Will be changing the horn to a Bosch/Skoda one. Philips Extremevision bulbs will go in first thing tomorrow. If that's doesn't suffice, then 90/100s. Bosch wipers will follow in a day or two.

Oh, this batch (november 2017) had black spoilers.

Here are some pics to get started.
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20180105_114836.jpg
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20180105_161828.jpg
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20180105_161854.jpg
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20180105_161910.jpg
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20180105_162025.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by dextertuned (Post 4333963)

Added 3 things from showroom Black Side moulding + Armrest + Underbelly protection (sump guard) - Got some 25% off on these too. Overall a good deal.

Congratulations for the new ride. When I bought the car, the dealer didn't have ANY accessory for it. I had to wait for a week to get the car cover and about a month to get the side moulding.

Would you mind telling me how much did it cost for the Sump guard? Is it a direct fit for GT TSI? Also which VW dealer did you choose?

All, would Glysantin G30 be an appropriate coolant for GT TSI?

Just bought the Polo TSI. The car has black side mirrors but the spoiler is body coloured and when did they eliminate the cornering lamps? Mine did not come with cornering lamps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionell (Post 4334861)
Just bought the Polo TSI. The car has black side mirrors but the spoiler is body coloured and when did they eliminate the cornering lamps? Mine did not come with cornering lamps.

Can you please share the pictures of the body coloured spoiler?

Also, in Indian Polo the fog lights perform the function of cornering light. For that, I understand that head lamp should be on and indicator should be engaged which activates fog lamp of that side only (i have not tested it yet) . In Polo models abroad, there are different sets of cornering lights, but in Indian model Polo, that space is unused.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionell (Post 4334861)
when did they eliminate the cornering lamps? Mine did not come with cornering lamps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbopetrol (Post 4334870)
Also, in Indian Polo the fog lights perform the function of cornering light. In Polo models abroad, there are different sets of cornering lights, but in Indian model Polo, that space is unused.

This is correct...

Quote:

For that, I understand that head lamp should be on and indicator should be engaged which activates fog lamp of that side only (i have not tested it yet) .
...but this isn't. It's got nothing to do with the indicator. When the headlamps are on, if we turn the steering wheel to any side, fog lamps of the corresponding side lights up. And obviously if the fog lamps are already on, you won't notice any difference.