Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/135550-volkswagen-polo-1-2l-gt-tsi-official-review-334.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Immix (Post 4323301)
I reset stats in "2" after every trip to the petrol pump. This way I can know how off the Avg. FE shown in MID is from the actual FE calculated using Tank to Tank method :)

I reset the "trip" display in the main mileage display. Or, at least, I do if I remember which button to press while I'm still at the pump, otherwise it gets forgotten until the next time. I never actually calculate or monitor those numbers anyway.

Big confession. I find the VW multi-purpose display confusing. Sometimes, I'm even glad that we don't get the more sophisticated versions sold elsewhere. They are probably why so many Germans I've met seem to have doctorates in engineering... to understand their car dashboards! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by asitkde (Post 4323539)
the dealership managed to install a rear-view camera very neatly between the license plate lights

In your post earlier regarding the reverse camera, you have mentioned that camera was fixed without drilling holes on the bumper. Can you please let me know how that was accomplished?

Hi Friends, just posting an update on my TSI, specifically on FE after 1 month/1200kms (~300kms highway and ~900 kms in City)

The minimum FE figure I got is 15.6kmpl and max FE of 18.1kmpl using regular fuel, driving 70% in 'D', rest mix of manual and 'S' mode. I'm a bit lucky that my 45km one way work commute route (happy for once doing longish distance commuting for work:)) provides for av. speed of 40+ kmph and compared to my other cars, TSI's FE figures are unheard of, diesel like perhaps and even better when compared to my friend's Swift diesel.

Rest of the fun around overall performance, refinement, easily managing curves even at high speeds is something we all know, so :thumbs up to that.

Cheers!

Hi folks, some queries from my side:

Should I get this car this (December) month? Will it be the September make? Or wait for any "new model" to come out in a couple of months?

I've already taken a test drive a few months back and loved the car, so pretty much set to get it.

Basically I wanted to get your opinions on when to get it - now or maybe after a couple of months - for any reasons you can think of?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishalrao (Post 4324924)
Should I get this car this (December) month? Will it be the September make?

GT TSI has a waiting period of 40 to 60 days. Hence, if you book it now, you might get a December 2017 or January 2018 made vehicle. Volkswagen is notorious to add or even remove certain features (like the spoiler) from certain batches of GT TSI and are very unpredictable in this regard. Since the last set of feature updates happened around August 2017, they might update again in January (just a guess looking at the trend).

Also, Volkswagen has already announced a price hike for their cars for the year 2018.

You might want to consider these points before you decide to book the car.

Quote:

..Basically I wanted to get your opinions on when to get it - now or maybe after a couple of months - for any reasons you can think of?

Dealers might have a few (post Sep make) in their inventory and could offer some goodies to sell '17 models. Please check with all dealers in your city? You can further reduce price by pitching dealers against each other, buying insurance from outside, haggling on logistics/inflated RTO charges etc. With price hike coming up from Jan'18, I would (as I did last month) buy now instead of doling out more money for the same specs.

Quote:

Hi folks, some queries from my side:
Should I get this car this (December) month? Will it be the September make? Or wait for any "new model" to come out in a couple of months?

Since you have decided the car, you should be looking for the best deal any time of the year. Now we are approaching new year in some 10 days, book this car only if dealer is giving some goodies or discount to improve his 2017 sales numbers. Otherwise wait till 2 months for any updates to be released and get a 2018 manufactured car. If you are lucky you may received the updates on car for 2018 as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KartAttack (Post 4317757)
I'm on the lookout for a petrol automatic with a budget of 10 Lacs (can stretch to 11 Lacs), as i have parted with my 2013 model swift VXI.

VW dealers in Chennai - ABRA & Sundaram have bluntly told me "sorry sir no discount whatsoever. This is our best selling Polo model ". :) . OTR quote given by rep is 10.82 Lacs.

1. Should I expect any dec offers / year end offers for the GT TSI ? Were there any offered last year ?

2. Should i take the 2017 model or 2018 model ? But if i want 2018 model then delivery will be after feb 2018 only. :eek: Though I'm not too keen on the year of manufacturing, I don't want to miss out on any expected potential upgrades / faceilifts which may come in this new year (if there is any)

3. Also the sales rep is quoting a minimum lead time of 6 weeks for delivery? is this expected and normal ?

4. Also when i test drove the car, my iphone 7 was unable to pair with the cars' system via bluetooth, whereas my wife was able to get her Mi4 connected without any hassles? Should i consider this as an one off issue ?

Thanks Rajeevraj, Narayans80, Turbopetrol, asitkde, Wangdu for your unbiased perspectives.

I have booked my POLO GT TSI - Carbon Steel Gray last sunday. Expected delivery around new year (give or take few days).

I was so restless in last 3 weeks, as I had to book OLA / UBER for all my commute and could not handle that dependency anymore (as i had sold my Swift last month). Also had to convince my wife why POLO GT TSI and not AMEO Diesel DSG, and that took a lot of time.

Took your advice of pitting the dealers against each other (also brought in a 3rd player KUN VW into picture). Then the discount negotiations started to happen with final offer as below:

POLO GT TSI
ABRA - quoted 20K discount (for Nov 17 make)
SUNDRAM - quoted 27K discount (for Nov 17 make)
KUN - quoted 40K discount (for Aug 17 make) & 20K (for Nov 17 make)

AMEO DIESEL DSG
SUNDRAM - 70K discount with final OTR at 11.05 Lacs. Close to POLO GT Territory & it made lot of sense to my wifey. (I have always driven only petrol cars & hence the lag/noise seemed too much to me even with the DSG. That was the deal breaker for me.)

Went ahead with POLO GT TSI @ SUNDRAM VW, as my friend had recently purchased the AMEO with them and referred me to his sales guy.

Booking Advance = Paid 25K
Final OTR = 10.55 Lacs (initially was quoted 10.82 Lacs)

:thumbs up

After going through the 300 odd pages here and TDing the Jazz CVT, Baleno CVT and Polo GT TSI finally my wife and I chose the GT.

Got the centre arm rest free
50% buy back offer from the dealer(dealer specific offer)

Hopefully delivery this month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 4323568)
Big confession. I find the VW multi-purpose display confusing. Sometimes, I'm even glad that we don't get the more sophisticated versions sold elsewhere. They are probably why so many Germans I've met seem to have doctorates in engineering... to understand their car dashboards! :D

That's very true. Even I am yet to figure out the exact utility difference for DISP-1 and DISP-2. As far as I know, DISP-1 gets reset after some hours of stoppage, however, DISP-2 should not get reset even if stoppage time is more than 24hrs(even I am not sure of the time). In either case, the ignition off times while waiting in the traffic is not accounted.

I’m being invited by VW service center to bring my GT TSI for a ‘mandatory’ DSG software update... appartently my car (MY 2014) is listed for this so called ‘mandatory’ software under 34H4 updation campaign. Any other fellow members have received such invitation ? My gut feeling says the update should turn out to be good to have, but may be there are some fellows who have any bitter experience. Some cues please...

Yes that is the difference between 1 and 2. Infact if you reset Display 2 at FE screen or KM screen or Duration screen, all three gets reset. I had one instance where I got surprised to see Disp2 getting reset, but I ignored it assuming manual error

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_SRK (Post 4325358)
I’m being invited by VW service center to bring my GT TSI for a ‘mandatory’ DSG software update... appartently my car (MY 2014) is listed for this so called ‘mandatory’ software under 34H4 updation campaign. Any other fellow members have received such invitation ? My gut feeling says the update should turn out to be good to have, but may be there are some fellows who have any bitter experience. Some cues please...

Yeah. Will hold d1 for longer than before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 4323568)
I reset the "trip" display in the main mileage display. Or, at least, I do if I remember which button to press while I'm still at the pump, otherwise it gets forgotten until the next time. I never actually calculate or monitor those numbers anyway.

:uncontrol Tell me about it.

I hate the MID of my GTTSI. Especially the Trip meter.
Trip 1 data gets reset after the car is off for 3 hours.
Trip 2 data gets reset after the car is off for 48 hoirs or when it crosses 1000kms. If you have a long trip of more than 1000kms, both trip 1 and trip 2 are useless. Happened twice with me.
Trip 3 data gets reset after 10000kms. But it only has the distance and nothing else.

Why should it get reset at all. It should be left to the driver how he wishes to use the trip meters

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 4325378)
Why should it get reset at all. It should be left to the driver how he wishes to use the trip meters

I suppose that the idea is that one display is for a journey, or a chosen duration, whilst the other is for trips within that journey but allowing for things like meal breaks.

Whilst I sort-of get the idea, and can see the use of it, I don't really get VW's application. It ends up that I don't really use it, except rare occasions like today when I actually drive from one end of Chennai to the other, and a quick look at the actual distance, time, average speed, etc is useful. Hey, Google Maps is watching me anyway.

So I end up not using it much at all. I'd be happier with an external temperature gauge to warn me about ice. Oh no, wait... I emigrated :uncontrol

I do set the speed alarm though. That is useful to let me know if I am going faster than I consider legal/safe/sensible. So, how to change that from normal city driving to an occasional highway outing? Get the manual out.... :Frustrati