Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/135550-volkswagen-polo-1-2l-gt-tsi-official-review-320.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auto freak (Post 4262133)
I have a few doubts that I have listed below.
1. In stop-go city traffic, is it necessary to shift to N every time I come to a halt?
2. If the duration of the stop is relatively longer like in a traffic signal or in a tool-booth queue, should I shift to N every time I come to a halt or can I hold it in D without heating up the clutches?
3. Climbing up an incline: My parking is in the first floor of a building and it requires me to climb up a rather steep slope. While doing it in D, the transmission shifts from D1 to D2 half way through the incline. I'm concerned if the clutches would have sufficient vehicle speed to fully engage in D2 on the incline. Should I be doing the climb in manual mode instead?
4. Sport mode: Can I shift from D to S and S to D while on the move? Noticed that it requires pressing the button the gear stick for shifting from D to S and while shifting from S to D the button press is not required.

Congratulations on the buy. Here are the pointers I follow (I have had 20K KMs of hassle free experience so far:) )
1. I switch to N if the stop is for more than 15 seconds. For stop go traffic, D mode should do OK, unless you know the car is going to be stationery for a long period of time
2. Same rule as above - if the signal is for more than 15 seconds, shift to N. I sometimes do it if it is more than 10 seconds
3. Honestly, for all the inclines/ghats I have climbed, the D mode has surprisingly done really well! It quickly gets into the right gear (sometimes it does shift to D2, but then immediately corrects itself). You can use manual mode if the incline is too steep.
4. Yes, you can do both on the move. Mechanically, no change happens. It is only the ECU mapping which changes with these two modes, hence you can do it on the fly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auto freak (Post 4262497)
It came with the RCD 330G only. I think the 330 Plus comes only with the Vento HL Plus variant.

Now I think GT TSI comes with 330 plus but not 100% sure as at one dealer i saw it with plus and at other dealer saw it with 330G. But dealer says new cars now do come with the plus only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auto freak (Post 4262133)
Got myself a Polo TSI a couple of weeks back after canceling our booking for the Vento 1.6 MPI HL. So far very happy with the decision.

Congratulations Auto freak

First question? do you still have your 90HP Punto? If yes, that would be one beautiful ~200HP garage

With all your questions answered by other members, I would just like to say one thing and that is to Enjoy this technological masterpiece (DSG). After having changed to this from a Punto, Initially I was skeptical about the DSG and I had thought that I would drive most of the time in Manual mode. But after 8 months and 13000Kms, I can say that 95% of the times I have driven in D mode

Wish you many happy miles on this car

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 4263655)
Congratulations Auto freak

First question? do you still have your 90HP Punto? If yes, that would be one beautiful ~200HP garage

Thanks a lot Hemanth! Yes I still have my Punto 90. She is running strong at 1.1L km. The GT is mostly driven by my dad with me hunting for its keys on the weekends :)

Got our GT TSI two weeks back and is a fantastic ride. One of the latest new feature is the new Media console. Now it supports Apple, Android and mirror link! Reverse camera is still sorely missed.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-polomedia2m.jpg

Would add a ownership review post 1000kms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by genopv (Post 4265832)
Got our GT TSI two weeks back and is a fantastic ride. One of the latest new feature is the new Media console. Now it supports Apple, Android and mirror link! Reverse camera is still sorely missed.

Congratulations on the new car genopv!
That will surely be the RCD 330G Plus unit. Nice.
The Earlier RCD 330G supported Mirrorlink but not Apple Carply and AndroidAuto.
They should've definitely provided reverse camera with this update. but it's very easy to get this added(for extra cost of course)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagpatel (Post 4263507)
Now I think GT TSI comes with 330 plus but not 100% sure as at one dealer i saw it with plus and at other dealer saw it with 330G. But dealer says new cars now do come with the plus only.

You were right

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auto freak (Post 4262497)
It came with the RCD 330G only. I think the 330 Plus comes only with the Vento HL Plus variant.

From your posts, I think you took delivery in Week number 33 and genopv took it in Week number 34. That is one close and sad miss. More than the delivery, the manufacturing date is more important but I'm sure it won't be far apart from each other. That's one :Frustrati moment

Quote:

Now it supports Apple, Android and mirror link!
Would add a ownership review post 1000kms.

If you start android auto and start navigation via google maps, does the voice navigation audio play through the cars speakers? or still from your phone? Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 4265841)
Congratulations on the new car genopv!
They should've definitely provided reverse camera with this update. but it's very easy to get this added(for extra cost of course)

Thanks Hemanth - Adding reverse camera - is it something done by VW Service? I haven't read the radio manual yet.

We took the car on 1st September - so its just about a week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by genopv (Post 4266076)
Thanks Hemanth - Adding reverse camera - is it something done by VW Service? I haven't read the radio manual yet.

We took the car on 1st September - so its just about a week.

Congratulations on the GT TSI. Happy Revving.👍
I got it around end of July with Manufacturing month of July. It came with 330G.

Quick question, Did your car come with Autodimming ORVM and Rain Sensing Wipers?

I called my dealer to enquire about the change in price due to the upgrade of head unit , he mentioned new ones don't include the above two. Didn't quite believe it.

He even mentioned they are no longer offering 3rd and 4rth year RSA. And they are still in discussion with head office to fulfill mine as it was already promised during purchase

I got it from Hyderabad ,PPS Motors Somajiguda branch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 4265841)

From your posts, I think you took delivery in Week number 33 and genopv took it in Week number 34. That is one close and sad miss. More than the delivery, the manufacturing date is more important but I'm sure it won't be far apart from each other. That's one :Frustrati moment

Oh my God! That was a really close miss for me! My car is July 2017 manufactured and I took delivery on week 34 as well. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pacifier (Post 4266432)
Congratulations on the GT TSI. Happy Revving.👍
I got it around end of July with Manufacturing month of July. It came with 330G.

Quick question, Did your car come with Autodimming ORVM and Rain Sensing Wipers?

I called my dealer to enquire about the change in price due to the upgrade of head unit , he mentioned new ones don't include the above two. Didn't quite believe it.

He even mentioned they are no longer offering 3rd and 4rth year RSA. And they are still in discussion with head office to fulfill mine as it was already promised during purchase

I got it from Hyderabad ,PPS Motors Somajiguda branch.

Pacifier, yes!! it did come with both of these.

Quote:

Congrats!!!
Is it the stock unit provided by VW or did you pay extra and upgrade it?
The dealer I visited yesterday, keeps insisting that GT still comes without carplay support and they don't have any word from VW as to when this upgrade may become available.
Of course, I haven't seen your post before going to him. Else, I would have shown this to him and asked him to explain why he doesn't have information yet.
I'll call him tomorrow and see what he has to say.

I think this is a new unit. The button on the right says App. In my car that button says Setup. I am guessing that they upgraded the complete unit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traveler (Post 4267032)
I think this is a new unit. The button on the right says App. In my car that button says Setup. I am guessing that they upgraded the complete unit.

If so, great!
VW website however, still shows the old unit in Polo GT's gallery. :Frustrati

http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model...ection=14.html

Hello,

Did anyone of you hear about any new feature update on the GT TSI for this Diwai? Such a rear view camera, armrest etc.?

And when is the earliest we can expect the new Polo India launched recently based on the MQB platform?

Is this the right time to buy this car or should I wait?

Thanks.