Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2017, 09:53   #4546
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
I have a feeling that the black colour on the ORVMs and Rear Spoilers that were present on the previous GTs were actually the Black Paint that was left from the original black coloured GTs/Regular Polos, both of which were discontinued long back.
While I was hoping they would relaunch the black colour, your observation is not only wickedly funny but also seems more plausible.
Old 19th April 2017, 11:12   #4547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Here the pictures fresh off the oven (Factory).
Hey there, seems in the pictures that the rear spoiler is completely missing from your car. It might be a change where in a dealer is supposed to do it in PDI, check inside the car if the factory has provided the spoiler in black? if not, don't take delivery of this particular car and ask them to order a new one with a black spoiler attached to it from the factory. There have been several such omissions on the TSI and it has been also noted in this thread itself if you search.
Old 19th April 2017, 11:22   #4548
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here the pictures fresh off the oven (Factory). Just reached Bangalore. Will be taking delivery in a couple of days. The Sales person confirmed that the interiors are the same as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Hey there, seems in the pictures that the rear spoiler is completely missing from your car.
Exactly what I was thinking. I verified pictures from my car and underneath the spoiler there is body colour (visible near the HMSL). and the spoiler is clearly an additional part on the GT TSI and not integrated like in other cars. Here there is no spoiler at all. A clear omission. If not registered yet, please take a new car. If already registered the Dealer will have to fit the spoiler for you.
Old 19th April 2017, 12:59   #4549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Exactly what I was thinking. I verified pictures from my car and underneath the spoiler there is body colour (visible near the HMSL). and the spoiler is clearly an additional part on the GT TSI and not integrated like in other cars. Here there is no spoiler at all. A clear omission. If not registered yet, please take a new car. If already registered the Dealer will have to fit the spoiler for you.
So I called the dealer, he confirmed that the spoiler is not present on any new 2017 Polo GT's. They apparently added the 16 inch Alloys and took the spoiler out. He is sending me more pictures of other Polo GT's that they received yesterday in the same lot.
Old 19th April 2017, 13:10   #4550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So I called the dealer, he confirmed that the spoiler is not present on any new 2017 Polo GT's. They apparently added the 16 inch Alloys and took the spoiler out. He is sending me more pictures of other Polo GT's that they received yesterday in the same lot.
Whoa! that's incorrect I think. Take a look at the below link. BHPian asitkde's February 2017 made GT TSI definitely has a spoiler

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4158017

After February, I don't think VW would've decided to take away the Spoiler. And if they really have done that without reducing the prices further...it's sad and bad.
I think the dealer is trying to push it away. please confirm before delivery.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 19th April 2017 at 13:14.
Old 19th April 2017, 13:16   #4551
Distinguished - BHPian

My 2014 black GT TDI has a black spoiler. Makes it look like part of the car. I haven't really thought about or looked at other GT spoilers out there.

I have always thought add-on spoilers (I call them bookshelves on the back of cars) were a bit of a joke. Unless the thing is properly designed to match the aerodynamics of the rest of the car, it is unlikely to have any positive effect, and may have a negative one. I assume (and hope!) that the VW GT spoiler is properly designed and wind-tunnel proven (as only a manufacturer can actually do).

By making a spoiler not body-coloured, they make it look like an afterthought, a go-faster-stripes add on. Much less classy.
Old 19th April 2017, 14:02   #4552
BHPian

Quote:
BHPian asitkde's February 2017 made GT TSI definitely has a spoiler
Surely, I do have a rear spoiler, I mean, my GT TSI has one. It is Feb 2017 make. It has black rear spoilers and comes with 16" alloys and tyres. Funny, the spare is still a 14". There is one more significant difference - both windshield wipers on the front can be manually lifted for cleaning purposes, as you also see in the picture BHPian traveler posted. I did not find any other significant differences with previous versions.

Boy. It sure is getting difficult to keep track.

Actually our moderator suhaas307 already had pointed out in post #4539 (on the previous page) that the car did not have a spoiler. The pictures by traveler were a bit confusing for me, since the white protective stuff is covering a bit of the upper portion of the rear windshield, giving a false impression of a rear spoiler in the 2d picture.

The dealer's claim, that the new GT TSIs with 16" rims are coming with no rear spoiler anymore, sounds a bit dubious, at the least. My GT TSI is a counter-example. I know of other examples (check this thread around the time I posted the pictures on 6 March 2017) where the car came with both 16" rims and a rear spoiler (black).
asitkde is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 16:26   #4553
Senior - BHPian

Ok, so here is the update. The New Polo GT TSI definitely does not have a spoiler. I got the dealer to send me picture of another GT that they received.

The attached picture of a White Polo GT clearly shows there is no spoiler now. I guess I will need to be contend with the 16 inch Wheels
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-white.jpeg  

Traveler is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 16:30   #4554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Ok, so here is the update. The New Polo GT TSI definitely does not have a spoiler.
Noway Traveler, this seems like a pure rip off man !! Its not like they have retained the pricing of the 2017 GTs or reduced it.

I was under the impression that the new GTs are coming with the regular 'Body Coloured' spoilers now, but they have completely removed this?

Can you please share a report of what all things you feel have changed on the current GT, once you get your hands on yours.

BTW, congrats on your latest acquisition and Welcome to the GT club.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 19th April 2017 at 16:32.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 18:46   #4555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post
Surely, I do have a rear spoiler, I mean, my GT TSI has one.
=====
I know of other examples (check this thread around the time I posted the pictures on 6 March 2017) where the car came with both 16" rims and a rear spoiler (black).
I took delivery of my GT in carbon steel grey on 14th March 17( Feb 17 manufactured) and it has a black spoiler so VW is back to cost cutting schemes. On a side note, the shade of the spoiler and ORVM's is darker and though it gels with the carbon steel shade, the difference in shade is clearly discernible.
vkr15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 11:26   #4556
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, so here is the update. The New Polo GT TSI definitely does not have a spoiler. I got the dealer to send me picture of another GT that they received.

The attached picture of a White Polo GT clearly shows there is no spoiler now. I guess I will need to be contend with the 16 inch Wheels
It's absolutely ridiculous if they've gone and removed the spoiler - even the regular Highline gets it. So confused with their strategy, they made the mirrors and spoilers black to increase the perceived sportiness of the car. And now the alleged stripes etc. to make it sportier and further distinguishable from the normal Polo. Removing the spoiler seems like a step in the reverse direction and somehow doesn't make sense to me. It's mostly the dealer trying to get out of it. I would add on to the others and recommend a thorough check - maybe some other dealers to confirm.

It's just mind boggling, the number of changes they've made since the first introduction back in 2013. I would've loved the 16'ers had it been on the original car. But, my spare is a full size alloy (only saving grace )
Old 20th April 2017, 12:48   #4557
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok just confirmed the following with a dealer here.
  1. 16" wheels stays default
  2. Spoiler has been removed
  3. SR(Sport racer) Kit option has been given for an additional cost of ~27000 . This kit includes
  1. Black Roof
  2. Black Spoiler
  3. Sporty stripes

I'm not sure if its only for the GT TSI or other Highline Variants too.
IMO its a ridiculous money making idea in addition to an already expensive price tag for the car.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 20th April 2017 at 12:50.
hemanth.anand is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 13:02   #4558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok just confirmed the following with a dealer here.
  1. 16" wheels stays default
  2. Spoiler has been removed
  3. SR(Sport racer) Kit option has been given for an additional cost of ~27000 . This kit includes
  1. Black Roof
  2. Black Spoiler
  3. Sporty stripes

I'm not sure if its only for the GT TSI or other Highline Variants too.
IMO its a ridiculous money making idea in addition to an already expensive price tag for the car.
Which dealer did you confirm from? Asking because my dealer is Apple Auto. Hopefully you called someone else to confirm.
Old 20th April 2017, 13:55   #4559
BHPian

Quote:
Which dealer did you confirm from? Asking because my dealer is Apple Auto. Hopefully you called someone else to confirm.
27 K is a huge sum.
Just checked on Amazon India: they are selling OE spoiler for Skoda Rapid At Rs.5499/-.( the supplier is Auto Pearl). For the Polo it should be even lesser, though I could not find this item on Amazon's list. So for the sporty stripes and black roof covering you're being charged approx Rs. 22K by the dealer.
If you really must have this kit, get it done in the open market
Old 20th April 2017, 13:55   #4560
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a very strange decision. To the average buyer, spoiler means sporty, whether it actually has any real effect or not. And the GT models are firmly aimed at those who want sporty. Has VW lost its marbles?

Perhaps those going to dealers could check out the optional extras. There might be a "Sport" package. Haha, it might even include stripes!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks