Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/135550-volkswagen-polo-1-2l-gt-tsi-official-review-258.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by drpudhi (Post 3963505)
Hi, no the polo does not have isofix. The seat need to be attached through the seat belt only.

i recently bought the chicco nextfit which supports isofix and a simple seat belt based fixing solution. But its costly. Only time will tell if the investment is worth it.

Thanks, I have just bought a Chicco nextfit.

According to http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/innov...ry/isofix.html ISOFIX is the result of the efforts of renowned car manufacturers to create a uniform and optimal standard for securing child seats. ISOFIX is not an official DIN standard. ISOFIX child seats are equipped with a simplified fixing device. They can be fitted in all vehicles which are factory-fitted with suitably standardised connectors. The child seat preparation has two mountings which are fixed to the body of the car. ISOFIX-compatible child seats are attached securely to these mountings by two support arms. ISOFIX child seats are easy to mount and offer optimum safety due to being fixed rigidly to the body. All vehicles in the Volkswagen model range feature ISOFIX mountings in the rear.

But when I checked by folding the rear seat of my Polo GT TSi, I could not see any mountings. I am bit confused.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shetty_rohan (Post 3981695)
Thanks, I have just bought a Chicco nextfit.

According to http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/innov...ry/isofix.html All vehicles in the Volkswagen model range feature ISOFIX mountings in the rear.

But when I checked by folding the rear seat of my Polo GT TSi, I could not see any mountings. I am bit confused.

I feel this is just PR talk with copy paste job from some international VW site onto the indian site. I myself could't locate the mounting points in my GT TSI. It would have been really excellent with the latch attachments of nextfit. I'm pretty sure these are not present in anything below the jetta in indian VW's.

Yesterday, my GT was parked inside a residential compound and the A pillar and the ORVM were damaged. There is no damage to the windscreen (these are water marks). Most likely it was a truck or sort which would have rammed into the car while reversing. See the pic below:

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-polo.jpg

I have filed for an insurance claim and would take the car to the workshop tomorrow. Just wanted some advice as it does not look like a simple fender bender kind of damage to me. Thanks in advance.

1. Is this run of the mill kind of dent or a tricky one? A door can be removed for denting. How does it work for the A pillar denting?
2. Since A pillar is part of the structure (roof), would there be a need to repaint the whole of upper part of the car?
3. Would there be a need to remove the windscreen to repair this?

Also, any idea what is the likely cost of repair? Been feeling very troubled since yesterday as preventing this was absolutely beyond my control. I had parked the car inside a compound in well designated area :Frustrati

My long long honeymoon hit a minor speed breaker last week. I had been observing a mild clattering noise from the engine compartment for about a month. Didnt really give it much importance as there was no effect on performance and the noise was not really audible from within the compartment. Anyway one fine day when I was passing by the service center, decided to pop in and have a check whether the radiator fan was rubbing against a cable or a plastic part. The service éngineer took it in and had one of the technicians check it up. The minute heard it, I could see them nodding at each other. My heart skipped a beat. The engineer came to me and said that the flywheel has to be changed. I nearly passed out!!! I had load of questions running in my head... spares availability, TSi, DSG, COST..... and most importantly VW:Shockked:. I dropped it there, he said he would need a full day to check up and confirm the issue. I had no guts to drive the car anymore picturing how much more I could damage it. "

However, in the end turned out to be pleasant experience... thanks to small mercies in life such as ëxtended warranty"clap:clap:"... and credit to my service engineer and VW, had my car up and running in 2 days!

Btw thinking about how confident they were about the issue, i suspect this to be a routine issue... anyone experienced this before?

Quote:

Originally Posted by manish84 (Post 3985718)
3. Would there be a need to remove the windscreen to repair this?

Also, any idea what is the likely cost of repair? Been feeling very troubled since yesterday as preventing this was absolutely beyond my control. I had parked the car inside a compound in well designated area :Frustrati

Pretty sure windshield will need to be replaced. My suggestion would be not repair it and just get some basic repair work. Removing and refitting the windshield is really the last thing you should be doing. The factory fit windshield vs the hand fit at the service centre will never be close to the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3985987)
Pretty sure windshield will need to be replaced. My suggestion would be not repair it and just get some basic repair work. Removing and refitting the windshield is really the last thing you should be doing. The factory fit windshield vs the hand fit at the service centre will never be close to the same.

Oh I thought windscreen replacement must be a routine job. Could you please elaborate on what exactly can go wrong in fitting a windscreen at service station? Does it mean that a new fit could look fine today but gives trouble few months down the line?

Should windscreen replacement be a deal breaker if the workshop says it is imperative to get the dent repaired?

Quote:

Originally Posted by manish84 (Post 3986127)
Oh I thought windscreen replacement must be a routine job. Could you please elaborate on what exactly can go wrong in fitting a windscreen at service station? Does it mean that a new fit could look fine today but gives trouble few months down the line?

Should windscreen replacement be a deal breaker if the workshop says it is imperative to get the dent repaired?

Well there's a chance that the fitting is not as good and on the highways you get wind noise coming in to the cabin from the edges of the windshield. Worse case is water seepage. But these are extreme. Since the whole process is manual at the workshop and your glass isn't actually broken, I would try to avoid it as much as possible.

IT's not structurally damaged as that is just the outer skin. If there is a way to do a partial repair and painting without removing the glass, see if that works out.

Else you probably will have to remove and refit the windshield.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3986131)
IT's not structurally damaged as that is just the outer skin. If there is a way to do a partial repair and painting without removing the glass, see if that works out.

Else you probably will have to remove and refit the windshield.

I am getting the repair done under insurance as I have already made a claim this year. So I guess I would not have the chance to do iterations and will have to go for the solution as suggested by the workshop in the first go. Will update on the repair process and cost.

:OT
Hi Guys,

one of my dear friends has a CL Polo Mpi. He is looking to upgrade his steel rims to alloys. He prefers the original VW alloys.

Request anyone who is upgrading his/her HL alloys to contact him or pm me if you want to sell your old alloys.

please:
Thanks

Hi,

Has anyone bought steering wheel with paddle shift for Vento/Polo TSI recently? I was checking on ebay and price of steering listed is higher than what most of the folks paid earlier (~550$ including shipping).

Regards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by antardaksh (Post 3988628)
Hi,

Has anyone bought steering wheel with paddle shift for Vento/Polo TSI recently? I was checking on ebay and price of steering listed is higher than what most of the folks paid earlier (~550$ including shipping).

Regards.

Keep going through the classified sections of Team-Bhp also have a look at other similar websites too, Had seen several people in the past couple of months who were selling their brand new steering with paddle shift for a fair price. Have a look around first before ordering it from any websites, Do keep in mind about the custom charges as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by antardaksh (Post 3988628)
Hi,

Regards.

Which version ? If prefacelift, I got an r-line steering wheel about 5 months ago from aliexpress. Link below. Less than 500 incl shipping.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...480220166.html

Getting my GT TSI on monday. Where from can I get the arm rest in the shortest period of time? I don't mind spending a few grand extra. Alieexpress is normally very slow in delivery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reignofchaos (Post 3989184)
Getting my GT TSI on monday. Where from can I get the arm rest in the shortest period of time? I don't mind spending a few grand extra. Alieexpress is normally very slow in delivery.

Suhaas307 picked it up from Petes in Kundalhalli. You can check with them if it's in stock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reignofchaos (Post 3989184)

If Petes suggested by Vid does not have the arm rest in stock, then for an extra $20, you can use FedEx shipping in AliExpress that will take just under a week to reach.

Polo Armrest