Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/135550-volkswagen-polo-1-2l-gt-tsi-official-review-237.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by differential (Post 3873910)
Thanks.
Yes, it's the new one with CC and auto fold RVMs. And to add to the forum, the RVMs do fold backwards.

Planning to keep the revs in check for the first 1500 kms.

Need to figure out the 1 and 2 in the MFD.

planning on leather or art leather covers. Like the OE ones, but it's terrible if you get in to the car after a run.

Sorry for a noob question. What is CC here that is being referred to?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhjain (Post 3874086)

I guess he might be referring to the Cruise Control when he said CC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manish84 (Post 3873040)
My company bought zero dep for new GT TSI in Nov from Bharti Axa. Following is the premium paid for an IDV of 8.4 lakhs.:

Own Damage Premium: 11019/- (27547/- minus 60% discount)
Zero Dep Cover: 3356/-
Liability Premium: 1848/-
Total: Rs. 16,223/-
Service Tax: 2271/-
Final Premium: Rs. 18,494/-

There is a 60% discount on own damage premium, maybe due to the fact that my company buys all insurance from them. So I guess for an individual, the total premium might be a bit higher.

Dealer quote is 38000 for zero depreciation. The price margin is horrendous!

Quote:

Originally Posted by differential (Post 3873742)
My opinion about VW was never too positive from my previous interactions, but they disproved it.

I got my GT TSI delivered within 10 days of booking the car. And all the requests during the booking phase were carried out to the dot.

The VIN was promptly conveyed, so that I could give my nod to the proceedings after checking on team bhp. No fuss over insurance from outside.

Accessories thrown in by the dealer:

1. Mud flaps
2. Full floor mat and boot mat in black
3. VW rubber cut mats in black
4. Dual tone horn
5. corporate discount of Rs. 3000

After PDI, gave a nod for registration. I had requested them to finish delivery formalities as soon as possible. Got a call from SA at 3 pm and the delivery was scheduled at 4. Reached the showroom by 4.15. A walk around and features demo followed by paper work and pooja in about 30 min. Left with a smile!

The car was delivered with 24 km on the odo and about 15L of fuel.

The dealer is really making an effort for overall satisfaction. Can you please let us know the dealer and the city?

Quote:

Originally Posted by senthils27 (Post 3874065)

MFD "2" mode actually resets itself after certain time is elapsed. I have observed it but was unaware of the duration and recently Gannu had clarified the duration in another thread. It is 99 hrs 99 mins. Another fact about MFD "1" mode is for your current trip it will reset if the car ignition is switched off for more than 2 hrs in between.

Hi, for MFD "1", is there any manual reset or the only option is to wait for 2 hours after the car is switched off ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by petrol_power (Post 3874149)
Hi, for MFD "1", is there any manual reset or the only option is to wait for 2 hours after the car is switched off ?

You can reset "1" as well by long press of OK button.

Quote:

Originally Posted by petrol_power (Post 3874149)

Either mode can be reset by keeping the "OK" button pressed for 2~ seconds.
Ensure your display is set to the mode you want to reset before doing so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhjain (Post 3874086)

It's Cruise Control. This feature was introduced in Sep 2015

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhargavd (Post 3874095)
The dealer is really making an effort for overall satisfaction. Can you please let us know the dealer and the city?

The dealer is Ramani cars, Volkswagen
In Coimbatore.

Just hope the same feeling continues into service also.

Hi Guys,

I have brought an armrest for my new Polo GT TSI (will be delivered this week) from AliExpress. The armrest was delivered recently. It seems a genuine part from Volkswagen Shanghai.

Cost including shipping via FedEx = 7148/-
Custom duty = 1555/-

Total cost = 8703/-

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM-O...366345490.html

I have opted FedEx for hassle free customs processing, otherwise it will be a pain if the package get stuck at customs.

Got the delivery of my Polo GT TSI today. Here is the photo that explains it all why I opted for the GT TSI :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nishchal316 (Post 3876701)
Got the delivery of my Polo GT TSI today. Here is the photo that explains it all why I opted for the GT TSI :)

Congrats on the new car. Happy motoring

Quote:

Welcome to the team! Congratulations!!

Quote:

Many congrats! Could you please share a breakup of your purchase value with details on any freebies offered by the dealer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhjain (Post 3876850)
Many congrats! Could you please share a breakup of your purchase value with details on any freebies offered by the dealer?

Car : Vw Polo GT TSI
Manufacture Year : November 2015
Purchased On : 23rd December 2015
Ex-Showroom Cost(Chandigarh):Rs 879937
-Cash Discount: Rs 15000

Discounted Car Cost :Rs 864937
In addition to the cash discount I got mud flaps and floor mats as free accessories.

Rs 6900 were charged for logistic & handling. I also purchased the extended warranty for Rs 13230. Did not go for the Vw insurance and this is where I managed to save a lot of money. Their quote for insurance was Rs 32100 and I got it done for only Rs 14900(Bumper to Bumper).

I haven't got the car registered yet. Cost of which would be 6% of Rs 864937 which comes out to be close to Rs 51000. So the total cost of purchase after including everything would come out to be Rs 952000 approximately.