Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/135550-volkswagen-polo-1-2l-gt-tsi-official-review-201.html)

why cant vw also simply add the jetta mfsw/paddles aswell ? Its the same steering wheel+paddles. price increase will be negligible and it will become a real GT then.

Make it a complete product and finish this story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drpudhi (Post 3774050)
Michelin P3ST 195/60 R15 on day of delivery - Is holding up quite well with zero punctures. Hoping it will last the next 15k before i have swap them.

Good to hear this long-term review of the P3ST. As a fellow-user of the same, this is excellent news.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drpudhi (Post 3774050)
30,000 km Update :
1. Michelin P3ST 195/60 R15 on day of delivery - Is holding up quite well with zero punctures. Hoping it will last the next 15k before i have swap them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunphilip (Post 3778010)
Good to hear this long-term review of the P3ST. As a fellow-user of the same, this is excellent news.

+1 for P3ST.
I have been using the Michelin P3ST 195/60 R15 for last 40,000 kms(in 20 months). I guess I could use the same for another 15,000 kms. I get it rotated, aligned and balanced every 10,000 kms.

Hey thanks..! I booked one in red last week, but my SA's are idiots. They don't have a clue on these additional features, though they did price it up by 10K.

Did you get any discounts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueEyes (Post 3777177)
I have just booked a white GT TSI clap:

I was so elated with this news, within 1hr I was at the VW Bangalore,Hosur Road and booked a white TSI :thumbs up. I am the first one to book this new Polo GT and he promised the delivery in 30 days.
SA is clear that there are no design changes to this new Polo and also no new color options being introduced. I wanted to know if the new ORVMs comes with indicators like new Vento. He is not sure about it but promised to check and update me. He will send me the new e-brochure once he gets it.
Agonizing wait for the new car starts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueEyes (Post 3777177)
I have just booked a white GT TSI clap:..

This is so cool! Congrats!

Although now I am a bit pissed as I really wanted Cruise Control on my GT TSI. I bought it in Jan this year.

I have written to VW asking them to give an option to retrofit these features in cars already sold. They haven't replied yet and I know they wont.

But I sincerely believe that for 10k this is a robbery for all those who missed these features. :deadhorse

Let's begin a signature campaign asking VW to give us an option of installing these from the factory for a price. Come'on yougaizzz

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Are these additional features in the polo tsi really coming? I could not find a mention of a polo update anywhere online. Cruise control addition would be a first in segment feature and seems unlikely that VW would introduce it in a low key manner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 3779486)

Are these additional features in the polo tsi really coming? I could not find a mention of a polo update anywhere online.

Guys, got a confirmation from "Very Reliable Birdie" at VW that the Polo coming by this month end will have the following updates:

- Cruise Control made available
- Turn indicators on the External RVM with electrically retractable feature clap:
- Cooled Glove box
- Possible/Probable touchscreen interface for the HU
- These features will be available only on Highline & GT variants.

P.S -
This 'Very Reliable Birdie' had also confirmed the downsizing of VW TDI engine and had showed the actual pics of the New Alloy designs as well. So for the most part, seems quite reliable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vik0728 (Post 3779533)
Guys, got a confirmation from "Very Reliable Birdie" at VW that the Polo coming by this month end will have the following updates:

- Turn indicators on the External RVM with electrically retractable feature clap:
- Cooled Glove box

P.S -
This 'Very Reliable Birdie' had also confirmed the downsizing of VW TDI engine and had showed the actual pics of the New Alloy designs as well. So for the most part, seems quite reliable.

The bit about downsizing of the engine is cause for worry. I had a TD of the Highline TDI 2 weeks ago, and was planning on booking a GT TDI (no TD vehicles in the Thane dealership) tomorrow (would have been today had it not been a national holiday).

I can live without Cruise control and a cooled glovebox. I don't mind the current set of alloys either. What I definitely don't want is an engine that started of as a 1.6 downsized to 1.5, downsized further. It doesn't help that the SA is clueless about any of these updates and also assumed the GT TDI is an automatic.

On the one hand I can wait it out and see what changes come about, but risk the chance of the 1.5 TDI engine no longer being produced.
Or I can go ahead with the booking and miss out on features a steal for about 10k extra.
Any advice appreciated.

Quote:

- Cooled Glove box

P.S -

Thanks. Bhpian Tanveer had spotted a polo gt ( tdi,) with the konekt badge testing a month back.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3761062

Could this be the one with the updates you mentioned? Not facelift, but more of a special edition?

Quote:

Guys, got a confirmation
- [/b]This 'Very Reliable Birdie' had also confirmed the downsizing of VW TDI engine and had showed the actual pics of the New Alloy designs as well. So for the most part, seems quite reliable.

Downsizing the TDI engine? Why? Shooting itself in the foot just when Ford is upping the ante with the Aspire

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunsetorange (Post 3779562)
Downsizing the TDI engine? Why? Shooting itself in the foot just when Ford is upping the ante with the Aspire

Vik0728 meant the 1.6 to 1.5 downsize that happened last year. It is not going to be down sized further.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 3779579)
Vik0728 meant the 1.6 to 1.5 downsize that happened last year. It is not going to be down sized further.

Huge sigh of relief! I am thinking of replacing my Figo with a polo GT TDI sometime next year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankmehta (Post 3777446)
Cooled glove box is a gimmick.

Agree. Instead adding lamp to the glove box would have been more practical update.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sephiroth (Post 3777665)
Have they already started shipping with these or expected soon?

All the new bookings done starting this month will get updated Polos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by #ish (Post 3777992)
Since its just a 10k bump, is there a way to get these two retro-fitted from VW itself?
I really want cruise control please:

No. VW will not fit it but you can get it retofitted from outside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ipsanand (Post 3778922)
Did you get any discounts?

No discounts. Typical response, VW never gave any discounts on GT's. There is corporate discount of about 3k. But, make sure you get insurance from outside you easily save around 15K.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 3779486)
Are these additional features in the polo tsi really coming? I could not find a mention of a polo update anywhere online. Cruise control addition would be a first in segment feature and seems unlikely that VW would introduce it in a low key manner.

Exactly my thoughts. I am holding my excitement until there is an official announcement.

Quote:

- Cooled Glove box

P.S -

Well, now that's a little confident booster. I have my doubts on the touchscreen HU. Remember it's only around 10K increase in price for these features(I am yet to receive final ex-showroom price). Now that Honda Jazz and Elite i20 are equipped with touch screen HU, it's only apt that Polo comes with one too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueEyes (Post 3779911)
Agree. Instead adding lamp to the glove box would have been more practical update.

All the new bookings done starting this month will get updated Polos.

No. VW will not fit it but you can get it retofitted from outside.

Yeh but that will void the warranty. I have taken extended warranty and I dont want to mess with that.

Quote:

P.S - [/b]This 'Very Reliable Birdie' had also confirmed the downsizing of VW TDI engine and had showed the actual pics of the New Alloy designs as well. So for the most part, seems quite reliable.

Downsized further to 1.4 TDI?
Is this downsizing only for the regular TDI or GT TDI as well?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 3779579)

Huge Relief :)