Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/135550-volkswagen-polo-1-2l-gt-tsi-official-review-194.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLK (Post 3743954)
2015 - Only 3 months old.

I've seen my car idle at 800 and 950-1000 both in the same day. So I don't think they changed the idle rpm but maybe the ECU now based on certain sensor inputs is more sensitive with rpm.

Thats interesting. Quite possible there's an ECU update pending for my car - guess I should ask them to check for that for my car. :thumbs up

Hey guys, looks like after a lot of discussions and going back on forth on different cars, our family has finally settled on the Polo GT Tsi. We will be booking the GT Tsi this Sunday, are there any advices from owners about the booking experience? Anything that I should ask the sales guy before paying the booking fee?? please:

P.S I live in Anna Nagar, Chennai and had a pretty good experience at the VW showrrom in Anna Nagar the last time I visited them. Any positive/negative experiences with this showroom? Any info will be appreciated. :)

I am also going to book a Polo GT TSI. Took the decision of moving to a petrol car about a month ago, and then spent one month with a very confusing mind. Cars considered:

1. Vento TSI: was focussed on that but I do not want to go to the 12lakhs range.
2. Polo GT TSI: initially we thought it's small.
3. Honda City Manual Petrol: a very nice car, but I kept missing the TSI every time I test drove this car (twice).

The consideration of space and reliability (also lower maintenance) did pull me towards Honda significantly, but in the end, I love to drive, so cannot resist the TSI DSG. Thought about more maintenance, accepted. Thought about DSG reliability issues, again accepted. I will take the 3rd and 4th year warranty, that will cover at least 50,000kms. Not spending the extra bucks for Vento because we are a family of 3 and decided that Polo will be sufficient.

Now - color. Still not decided. White or Red. My wife really likes the look of cross Polo, but the GT looks like the simple car. I think we may go for the white.

Any ideas on how the looks can be made slightly more sporty (not too much) on the white GT TSI? May be some sticker on the side? :)

So we booked the GT Tsi this Sunday after a brief test drive. :) Had a decent test drive before booking I felt really comfortable in the car despite being a newbie driver. Others in the family were very surprised by the quality of the interiors and the solid feel of the car.

I was going to book the white version, but surprisingly everyone in the family wanted to go for Carbon steel grey. I reluctantly agreed but the CS grey also looked really good, so nothing too much to complain here. Got the extended four year warranty (no brainer here) along with 'Elite Insurance" (not clear on what the benefits are though. The on road cost quoted after all offers was 10.14 Lacs. My father has pulled a few strings to try and get the price down to 10Lacs (not confirmed yet), . The guys at the showroom were very cordial and a pleasure to do business with, they even came over to our place to finalize the deal. Surprisingly, I was informed the car will be available within a week. clap: (Will have to ensure when I get the VIN that I'm not being offered an extremely old car)

Also, the whole showroom experience was in stark contrast to the one at Honda where we went to check out the Jazz. The sales guy seemed pretty disinterested and didn't even entertain a few of my mother's questions. If the Jazz had come with a 1.5 L iVtec and CVT in VX trim our decision to book the GT Tsi might have become extremely complicated. :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by deb_majumdar (Post 3746505)
Any ideas on how the looks can be made slightly more sporty (not too much) on the white GT TSI? May be some sticker on the side? :)

You could paint the wheels gloss black or even gun-metal grey or something. Also, you should find several decals, badges, etc online.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deb_majumdar (Post 3746505)
May be some sticker on the side? :)

What Suhaas sir said plus wrap the roof gloss black. It'll go well with the black mirrors and spoiler!

Found this while browsing through Zauba. Looks like VW will be finally bringing the GTI Polo powered by the 1.8 TSI in Indiaclap:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DetonatoR (Post 3749313)
Found this while browsing through Zauba. Looks like VW will be finally bringing the GTI Polo powered by the 1.8 TSI in Indiaclap:.

But which is this GTI with a 1.8 TSI engine? I thought all the GTIs sold worldwide had just one engine - the 1.4 TSI.

Quote:

I was ALMOST ready until I saw that price :Shockked: Surely they can't expect buyers when the price range is near the A class, 1 series?

14 to even 16 lakhs and I'm game what say the rest of you enthusiasts?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannu_1
But which is this GTI with a 1.8 TSI engine? I thought all the GTIs sold worldwide had just one engine - the 1.4 TSI.

That's the latest 190-odd hp GTI engine that launched this year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shefiu (Post 3749365)
I was ALMOST ready until I saw that price :Shockked: Surely they can't expect buyers when the price range is near the A class, 1 series?

14 to even 16 lakhs and I'm game what say the rest of you enthusiasts?

That's the latest 190-odd hp GTI engine that launched this year.

Yes the engine is more powerful than the new Octavia's 1.8 and it is available with a manual and a six speed DSG. A quick google search rendered a time of 6.7 seconds for the 0-100kmph drag.

Coming to the price, I feel VW will try going the CKD way for this one, maybe they can even share some parts with the Indian Polo. An ex-showroom price of less than 20 lacs is what I expect, anything more and VW should have brought the Golf instead!

Quote:

It also says "FOR TESTING PURPOSE".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannu_1 (Post 3749363)

There are lot of articles on the net which says POLO GTI comes with 1.8 TSI also.
http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/vo...hback/variants
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-rev...i-2015-review/

According to http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-drive-review, pre 2015 GTI used to have 1.4 TSI, and 2015 model has 1.8 TSI
Quote:

The previous super- and turbocharged 180-hp 1.4-liter Twincharger is out, and a turbocharged 192-horse 1.8-liter is in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shetty_rohan (Post 3749426)
There are lot of articles on the net which says POLO GTI comes with 1.8 TSI also.
http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/vo...hback/variants
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-rev...i-2015-review/

Looks like the new GTI based on the Polo 6C is having the 1.8 TSI engine.

Quote:

I think the price is a dead giveaway of the kind of car - a normal GTI car imported for testing would me much cheaper than it's retail price aboard; this one, on the other hand, is about 50% more expensive, what makes no sense for VW. The only logical explanation is that this is a Cup Car, which explains the price premium. Possibly, they are contemplating using it in the 2016 racing season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandpadhye (Post 3344903)
Fellows,

Need help - I have now done ~2000km in the Polo TSi over last 5 weeks and my lower back is paining! Bad seats. I am trying to debug what exactly is the issue and after a few experiments, ye adaalat is nateeje par pahoochi hain ki, the seat base is way too soft to offer any kind of support, especially towards the back. Towards the front edge it's slightly stiffer but it's shabby right below the butts - where it matters the most. And of course, there is no lumbar support.

What to do? Can we add extra (and stiffer) cushion to the seat base below the fabric? Anything else? I can't drive on like this. DSG saved my left knee, but I can't give up my hip :Frustrati

Please advise.

Anand,
Did you find any solution to this problem ? I am facing the same issue.

Don't remember which issue exactly but one of the recent Autocar issues had mentioned that VW was pleasantly surprised by the volumes the GT TSI was getting and was seriously considering getting hotter Polos including the 1.4 TSI and the GTI with the 1.8 TSI engine. They don't need homologation as this engine and gear box (6/7 speed DSG) are available in the market currently. Their only consideration seems to be the pricing which will be crazy for the GTI!