Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2015, 10:06   #2611
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

90/100 bulbs with relays will light up the road equally for 1600 rupees. Yes, one needs to pay a lot to keep it legal in India, I think the laura headlamps may be cheaper. Not a fair pricing by VW, I agree.
Old 2nd February 2015, 16:38   #2612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Gentlemen,

Friend books a GT TSI at Apple VW (I told him not to book from these guys) on Dec 26. At the time of booking, the car costs a shade under 10lac on road. He was told that he will have to cough up whatever additional cost on the car after the price increase and will be given a 2015 manufactured car. It is delivery time now and the car being given is a Dec 2014 car but price to be paid is the revised cost which is 10.3xlac. They are not offering a 2015 car. They can only by end Feb or mid March. Made a casual call to VW Palace Cross to ask them if this is correct practise and they said it is not. Car booked at old price should be sold at old price and not at the revised rates.

To me, it makes no sense picking up a December 2014 car at the revised rates. My friend does not care about resale, it is more about should he pay or not. Please advice.
I also got a December car 2 weeks back, had to pay 10.35 for it because I picked it up in January, even though the price was 30k less at the time of booking.
There's no way around it, they will say that it's because of the excise duty and if that's the case, they aren't the ones making this profit on the car.
Optimus Prime is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2015, 19:13   #2613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
I also got a December car 2 weeks back, had to pay 10.35 for it because I picked it up in January, even though the price was 30k less at the time of booking.
There's no way around it, they will say that it's because of the excise duty and if that's the case, they aren't the ones making this profit on the car.
But the excise is paid when the car leaves the factory right. Then a december car would have paid only the old excise ?.
Old 3rd February 2015, 06:40   #2614
BHPian

Just got my car yesterday.
It is amazing to drive.
Will put up the ownership thread very soon.
ayush1434 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2015, 20:13   #2615
BHPian

What exactly changed in the TSI apart from the subtle changes to looks in the face lift that it charges a premium of 70k+ over what it was priced in 2014, is it just revised taxes, have I missed something, I recollect sometime in 2014 it was 9.16L on road in Goa, today asked for a quote and it is 9.84L, definitely surprised. Wow, our govt must be making some good sum on cars these days.
Old 3rd February 2015, 22:34   #2616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_pphilip View Post
What exactly changed in the TSI apart from the subtle changes to looks in the face lift that it charges a premium of 70k+ over what it was priced in 2014.
That was introductory pricing, now VW will actually start making money on every GT TSI sold. The DSG alone is worth more than £4-5000, at least thats what they charge in case of a replacement whenever needed, the mechatronic costs about £1200. Trust me you get a lot of car for under 10 big ones.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 11:48   #2617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo_ankit View Post
Quite a few people on the forum have been re-mapping their GT TSIs. I just want to check with you, does a remap void the engine warranty? Or any other warranty for that matter. Would you have any idea? BTW, is the remap available in Mumbai also? What would be the cost for the remap in Mumbai & is this the Performance remap or the Standard one? Would appreciate your help here. Thanks a lot!
- Any mod, cosmetic or internal, voids warranty. But ultimately depends on the dealer. A dealer can be as lame as denying warranty on DSG failure just because you changed alloys to 16" !! (just a lame example ) . Remap shouldn't be detectable in a regular service, unless they specifically check the ecu log. And is reversible if you want to go back to stock.

- Remap is available in most of the cities, certainly in Mumbai as well. Cost remains same for all cities.

- It's a standard Stage 1 remap, bhp increase to ~120, torque ~210nm.

Last edited by amanomics : 4th February 2015 at 11:50.
Old 4th February 2015, 12:11   #2618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayush1434 View Post
Just got my car yesterday.
It is amazing to drive.
Will put up the ownership thread very soon.
Congratulations Ayush & welcome to GT club! Do let us know your take on the hot hatch! I'm not very good with words to pen down a review. I will do it soon though. I'm also planning to go with the Pete's remap. Still contemplating though!
Old 4th February 2015, 21:35   #2619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Trust me you get a lot of car for under 10 big ones.
Thanks Adi, a stray thought though now looming large, considering that the on road price of the base variant of the just phased out 1.4Tsi Jetta (which is based on the Golf) was approximately about 16L (on road manual transmission), Octavia 1.4 Tsi on road is approximately 17L and the Vento 1.2 DSG is 12.5L, Polo Tsi is 9.5L, so if the new 2016 Polo were offered in a DSG plus 1.4Tsi combination, I guess it will be priced around 11L+ on road, just thinking loud because I read on the net that the range of engines in the 2016 Polo includes the 1.4 Tsi, which sounds tempting, but on the flip side I guess it will come at a premium if offered with the DSG combination.
At 10L for the Polo 1.2 GT, it got me thinking from all possible angles, to go for it or not or look around for the impressive Laura 1.8 Tsi DSG (worries me again since it will be a pre owned DSG, unless from a reliable source, so moving in circles).

Last edited by s_pphilip : 4th February 2015 at 21:45.
Old 4th February 2015, 23:15   #2620
BANNED

It'll be very tough to find a 1.8 DSG. they're an elusive breed.
The Laura manual is really good. But, if it's your primary car, then I'd suggest the TSI. the autobox is so damn convenient.
You can always remap it.
Old 5th February 2015, 00:04   #2621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
It'll be very tough to find a 1.8 DSG. they're an elusive breed.
The Laura manual is really good. But, if it's your primary car, then I'd suggest the TSI. the autobox is so damn convenient.
You can always remap it.
Thank you for your inputs, I am not too sure about the remap part, unless reliability can be assured, don't want to add to the concerns with VW cars.
Thankfully this is not the primary car, also at the most will seat two and often just me.
Yes I am blown by the DSG because it is clever and convenient, DSG's impress me just like the Turbo in the Swift DDIS did.
However the Laura to me seems like the elusive love I've always wanted, too bad I couldn't afford one when it was around (how I wish I could), the new Octavia too is about 22L but I liked the Laura more.
MT's aren't among options but if open to manual, my uncle has a well maintained white 2011 Passat 1.8 TSI which I guess he may swap sometime soon, he recently picked a V40 crossover and has several others, though a heavier car the Tsi engine is awesome and the VW Passat is good in itself, maybe I'll talk to him someday.
The Polo DSG desirability is a somewhere in between, I've got to the yard outside the VW showroom where new Polo Tsi's are parked not less than 9 times, just to check the car, has a strong pull, yet not strong enough. Too many contradicting parameters for now, need to sit down, breathe easy and reanalyze.

Last edited by s_pphilip : 5th February 2015 at 00:07.
Old 5th February 2015, 03:09   #2622
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_pphilip View Post
Thank you for your inputs, I am not too sure about the remap part, unless reliability can be assured, don't want to add to the concerns with VW cars.
The Polo DSG .

If you're against manuals then it'll be very tough to recommend the Laura as you'll only only find the diesel in DSG guise.
If you can stretch your budget, see how the Jetta launch shapes. Maybe they have a 1.8 in them.
Petrol power options
1.8 : Octavia DSG
1.8 Laura MT
1.8 Passat MT
1.2: Polo
Remap bumps it upto 120hp 200nm
I have friends who drive their polo more than their modded Laura's and 3series. That speaks volumes about the nimble little hatch.
Rumor has it that VW will bring the Polo GTI in India.
Everything is upto you now. You're spoilt for choice. Frankly, if I weren't limited by my budget, I'd have gotten myself an Octavia 1.8 DSG or Jetta 2.0 DSG.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 08:54   #2623
BHPian

No word about when they're going to deliver my car .
I booked on Jan 16 at VW Palace cross, they aren't giving me any date on delivery, every time I call SA gives a long list of excuses in the guise of procedures .

These days booking a car is like buying customised goods. Book and wait for a loooong time.
Old 5th February 2015, 10:24   #2624
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
No word about when they're going to deliver my car .
I booked on Jan 16 at VW Palace cross, they aren't giving me any date on delivery, every time I call SA gives a long list of excuses in the guise of procedures .

These days booking a car is like buying customised goods. Book and wait for a loooong time.
I had called up Palace Cross to ask about waiting period and the sales guy said-'We say 2 months to customers but typically deliver in a month'.

Is your car allotted and only the delivery procedures are taking time or you have no info on the arrival of the car itself?
Old 5th February 2015, 17:46   #2625

Hi,
Going a little bit offtopic here, but is anyone aware of when he Polo GT TDI will be launching with a DSG ? The Autocar India reports back in March 2014 suggested a late 2014 launch but no launch so far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks