Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2014, 14:28   #2506
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
ATF shown in the very list posted by you is the oil change for DSG box. Already been discussed in Laura technical threads long back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
Doesn't seem to show the oil change, however the synthetic to mineral oil change did happen, so it might not be sealed for life.
sorry guys, was travelling so did not log in for a few days. and I stand corrected, the DSG fluid was changed at 60k kms service. its listed as ATF. I first could not spot it, but there was an ATF filter also which was changed, so thats how I finally deciphered that this is the DSG oil and filter change.
Old 27th December 2014, 08:00   #2507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Just got delivery of my flash red tsi quick question, do they give an owners manual? I think its missing from my list of documents
Many congratulations, it surely is the best drivers car this side of 15 L. Please share if you got any year-end discounts from the dealer, and the OTR break-up? I am in process of acquiring one next week, and the only area where the dealer is relenting is the insurance.
Old 27th December 2014, 11:46   #2508
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jha.shailesh View Post
Many congratulations, it surely is the best drivers car this side of 15 L. Please share if you got any year-end discounts from the dealer, and the OTR break-up? I am in process of acquiring one next week, and the only area where the dealer is relenting is the insurance.
I got zero dep for 26k nothing else. Took delivery on 12/12.
Old 30th December 2014, 23:39   #2509
BHPian

Hi all, does anyone know where I can find BHP and torque curves for the GT TSI? Thanks in advance.
Old 31st December 2014, 12:55   #2510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
Hi all, does anyone know where I can find BHP and torque curves for the GT TSI? Thanks in advance.
The torque curve can be found in the document below. it is an official document, but does not have the Power curve.

https://www.volkswagen-media-service...DATION_TSI.PDF

Googled for the power and torque curve, and could find it for the 1.2 TSI engine, albeit in a Yeti. Seems to be in line with the figures mentioned in the brochures.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-power-torque-curve.jpg  

lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2014, 13:37   #2511
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
Googled for the power and torque curve, and could find it for the 1.2 TSI engine, albeit in a Yeti. Seems to be in line with the figures mentioned in the brochures.
Don't these curves change depending on the gross weight of the vehicle?
Old 31st December 2014, 13:51   #2512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I am not sure, but would they? engine specs would be independent of the weight of the vehicle e.g. 320d and 520d have the identical engine specs, but vastly difference in weights. but for sure, the acceleration, top speeds and mileage would be impacted, as they usually are dependant on torque/weight and Power/Weight ratios.

Also, if it wasn't the case, then VW would not publish the figures of the stand alone engine. they would give it for specific vehicles.

Your thoughts?
Old 31st December 2014, 16:50   #2513
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
No. The engine produces the same power regardless of what vehicle you fit it on to. The acceleration, 40 to 100 kph time, top speed etc. will depend on the vehicle weight, aerodynamics etc.

If anything these curves will change if you change the fuel characteristics. high octane, low octane etc.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 31st December 2014 at 20:53. Reason: please avoid typing...like...this... Thanks :)
Old 31st December 2014, 18:32   #2514
BHPian

What a chart!!

Off-topic, but Lalit from your link i found that there's a 2L TSI engine producing a 199kW or 270PS of power, and 443NM of torque. Available in VW Golf 6R or GTI.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-screen-shot-20141231-6.37.23-pm.png  

Last edited by greenh0rn : 31st December 2014 at 18:41. Reason: Added the torque chart for 1.2 TSI engine
greenh0rn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2015, 14:42   #2515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
What a chart!!

Off-topic, but Lalit from your link i found that there's a 2L TSI engine producing a 199kW or 270PS of power, and 443NM of torque. Available in VW Golf 6R or GTI.
Thats the engine in Golf R. GTI has the same 2.0 TSI with 220 ps
Old 3rd January 2015, 11:26   #2516
Distinguished - BHPian

I have 2013 GT TSI and the headlights suck big time, I am VW right now for the yearly service and asking them to check the compatibility of the new dual barrel headlights with my car. Can someone tell me if these new ones are really effective?

Has any 2013 GT owner driven the 2014 car in the night?
Old 3rd January 2015, 12:14   #2517
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
I have 2013 GT TSI and the headlights suck big time, I am VW right now for the yearly service and asking them to check the compatibility of the new dual barrel headlights with my car. Can someone tell me if these new ones are really effective?

Anand, I haven't driven the 2013 Polo, but do own the 2014 GT FL and I really have no complaints w.r.t the throw from the headlights and the illumination.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 12:16   #2518
BHPian

Quote:

during the gt tsi meet in november we compared my pre facelift gt vs amanomics facelift gt headlights . just the low beams were at least 25 % brighter. then we compared the high beams. it was a no contest. the new double barrel headlights are atleast 30 % brighter.

i guess amanomics has put up pictures of the comparison somewhere earlier in the thread. he clicked pictures of both cars side by side with the headlights ON.

if the upgrade/swap is possible go for it eyes closed. major improvement.
Old 3rd January 2015, 12:26   #2519
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you Santosh and Rana, I am in the spares department right now checking the price!!! Wish me luck.
Old 3rd January 2015, 12:33   #2520
BHPian

Quote:

I have driven both and there is a world of difference. As Ranaji points there is an example somewhere on this thread!

As for the wiring differences, robi says the wiring in the old car is cumbersome and hard to retrofit with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Yes this is the highline BCM, the headlamp pins are different now so installing GTi OEM lamps is easier. The wiring harness is upgraded in the new car, earlier we had TATA wiring. AFS will still need installation of module and sensors, so dont know how easy that is going to be. I am using the OEM GTi headlamps but still have not installed AFS.
However I suppose a call to Sugesh at Vagtune might be in order. He has been doing Old GT to GTI OEM and now New GT to GTI OEM for sometime so he might be able to tell you the ground reality.

Here's a loop to the thread where robi talks about this.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3551642
vinodbollini is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks