Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/135550-volkswagen-polo-1-2l-gt-tsi-official-review-153.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 (Post 3569623)
Congrats on owning a hot hatch. Wishing you many miles of pleasure drive. Do purchase extended warranty and road side assistance as well. Better safe with Germans!

Chuck VW mats and get Kagu 3D mats. Expensive but well worth the money. Mud guards spoil the look of the car. GT TSi looks far better without it.:thumbs up

Thanks el lobo! Yes, extended warranty for sure. Road side assistance as well?

3D, I find that they aren't fitting the AT variant well...somehow am not happy. The VW ones look rough and tough.

Mud Guards...the detailing germ in me is dreading the thought of muck on the undercarriage...:(

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_himan (Post 3569641)
Thanks el lobo! Yes, extended warranty for sure. Road side assistance as well?

3D, I find that they aren't fitting the AT variant well...somehow am not happy. The VW ones look rough and tough.

Mud Guards...the detailing germ in me is dreading the thought of muck on the undercarriage...:(

Congratulations!!

I was passing by the showroom earlier on the 30th and saw a white GT parked. Was probably yours :)

I managed to get mud-flaps and mats free of cost from the dealer. Still a couple of days before they get the shipment (it's 'out of stock' currently) Will be replacing the mats with the 3D ones later this month.

Have fun racing the baby TSI and wish you many happy miles ahead!!

BTW, a good friend of mine, who picked up a Vento TSI from the same dealer got a one year membership of Torque Club for free, which is quite ridiculous. I tried to bargain more, but apparently sub 10 lakh bracket car does not warrant a freebie like that. Jealous, very jealous.

Was at VW Palace Cross to Check out GT TSI yesterday. Surprised that they still have the old pre refresh model on display!!

Response from the sales team seemed a bit lackadaisical. I've been quoted delivery period of 3 months if I chose white or red. Apparently waiting periods for the grey is longer. The asking booking amount is 50K.

I am sure I'll be getting the remap done at some stage, as also a suspension upgrade to Bilstiens and paddle shifters :). Does it make sense to get the extended warranty in that case? From what I read on the forum, VW is very fussy about allowing modifications for honoring warranty claims. Also would like to know from Polo owners what are typical problem areas for which warranty claims have been made and honored by VW.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santoshbhat (Post 3570997)
Was at VW Palace Cross to Check out GT TSI yesterday. Surprised that they still have the old pre refresh model on display!!

Response from the sales team seemed a bit lackadaisical. I've been quoted delivery period of 3 months if I chose white or red. Apparently waiting periods for the grey is longer. The asking booking amount is 50K.

Do buy this car, it's a gem. Its like the car in the video https://www.youtube.com/user/HondaVideo (Press R, and see the magic). You could use it for the sedate city driving, as well as the spirited highway drive.

The booking advance seems to be little high.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Santoshbhat (Post 3570997)
I am sure I'll be getting the remap done at some stage, as also a suspension upgrade to Bilstiens and paddle shifters :). Does it make sense to get the extended warranty in that case? From what I read on the forum, VW is very fussy about allowing modifications for honoring warranty claims. Also would like to know from Polo owners what are typical problem areas for which warranty claims have been made and honored by VW.

You have planned couple of nice mods, which I have been contemplating for long.
Most of your mods can be undone incase of problems.
- Remap: In case of problems you could revert back to stock map, and take it to the dealer. As far as I know, they would not be be able to make out the remap changes.
- Paddle Shifter: I guess even this could be replaced to stock(provided you keep the older stock)
- Bilstiens : Even this could be replaced by the stock

Having said that, most of the time it is the dealer(not the VW company) who evaluates the warranty claim. If you have a good relationship with the dealer, I guess your warranty claims would be honored.
For instance, in case of problems arising from the adulterated fuel, VW(as a company) does not bear the repair costs. However, dealer could hide(adulterated fuel) this from the VW, and still could get you the warranty. Believe me heard this from horse's mouth.

So, I guess it is better to go for the extended warranty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shetty_rohan (Post 3571382)
Do buy this car, it's a gem. Its like the car in the video https://www.youtube.com/user/HondaVideo (Press R, and see the magic). You could use it for the sedate city driving, as well as the spirited highway drive.

The booking advance seems to be little high.

You have planned couple of nice mods, which I have been contemplating for long.
Most of your mods can be undone incase of problems.
- Remap: In case of problems you could revert back to stock map, and take it to the dealer. As far as I know, they would not be be able to make out the remap changes.
- Paddle Shifter: I guess even this could be replaced to stock(provided you keep the older stock)
- Bilstiens : Even this could be replaced by the stock

Having said that, most of the time it is the dealer(not the VW company) who evaluates the warranty claim. If you have a good relationship with the dealer, I guess your warranty claims would be honored.
For instance, in case of problems arising from the adulterated fuel, VW(as a company) does not bear the repair costs. However, dealer could hide(adulterated fuel) this from the VW, and still could get you the warranty. Believe me heard this from horse's mouth.

So, I guess it is better to go for the extended warranty.

Haha I like the idea of watching an ad for the Civic Type R to get inspired to buy a Polo GT TSI :D. But yeah the GT twins are the only cars in the hatchback segment today that are capable of delivering some amount of excitement.

I've a Laura TSI with some minor mods that I absolutely love. My current daily drive is an i10 AT. There is a need for another AT hatch at home. I can almost say a vacancy has opened up for an AT hatch. I am jumping at this opportunity to get the GT TSI for myself and pass on the i10 to my wife/ Dad.

I guess at ₹ 13K its better to get the extended warranty. But to be honest it would be highly impractical to turn back the mods to claim warranty for minor items. The DSG is probably the only thing that is going to justify the warranty. I think that the DQ 200 on the Polo is not prone to failures. There are enough examples on the road by now and I am yet to come across a reported failure. Switch to mineral oil + the GB working well within its limits could be reasons for this.

Headlight comparison: New GT (Left) vs. Old GT (Right)

Effect of double barrel headlights clearly visible.

Low Beam

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-low-beam.jpg

High Beam

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-high-beam.jpg

Are the engine mounts in the Polo/ Polo GT TSI/ TDI hydraulic or rubber? Could anyone please confirm?

Query regarding 3D Mats.

I haven't been able to find TSI specific mats (searched for both Kagu and Star) anywhere on the Internet (ebay and the usual suspects).
Do the regular Polo ones fit just fine?

Also, Kagu is significantly more expensive than Star. Is there a noticeable difference between the two?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanomics (Post 3572455)
Headlight comparison: New GT (Left) vs. Old GT (Right)

Effect of double barrel headlights clearly visible.

Do you have the snaps of the path/road ahead lit up? These aren't the best images to show the comparison. No doubt the twin barrel headlamps are brighter thanks to the independent bulb/bowl setup for the low/high beam.

I see that BHPian The Saint's modded TSI is also on the image. Wonder how the OEM bixenon's fare compared to these two.

Hi guys,
Iam having major delivery problems with my dealer in Chennai. He claims that there are some production problems and they haven't received a polo tsi in the past 2 months.
Anyone here can verify this?
Cheers
Vibhu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannu_1 (Post 3572638)
Do you have the snaps of the path/road ahead lit up? These aren't the best images to show the comparison. No doubt the twin barrel headlamps are brighter thanks to the independent bulb/bowl setup for the low/high beam.

I see that BHPian The Saint's modded TSI is also on the image. Wonder how the OEM bixenon's fare compared to these two.

Nope! This is all I clicked.

Yup! That's The Saint's GTI/TSI! But his was not compared, not just on lights, but on any parameters with any of the TSI! :D

Yesterday we organised our 1st All India Polo GT TSI Whatsapp group meet here in Delhi....clap:

6 members from delhi and 1 member from mumbai met up.

Participants....

Myself
prithwi-81
ironager
amanomics
lalittalwar
JishD
and...
The Saint who drove his GT from mumbai for the meet.

It was fantastic to meet fellow team bhpians and GT Tsi owners and have a great time discussing our cars amongst other things.

Everyone got to experience the look and feel of the famed GTs of Prithwi and The Saint. More details can be learnt about their extensive mods in their respective ownership threads. ironager is also right up there with his remap and h&r springs with upcoming drilled brake + pad upgrades along with bilsteins B6 in the pipeline.

A few VCDS tweaks were also carried out. Headlights of the old GT vs facelight GT were compared with the new ones being atleast 25-30 % better as agreed by everyone. JishD's all black projector setup was equally impressive and promises better throw and illuminance. The body kit on his GT looks awesome.

Overall a wonderful meet and we hope to organize more of these soon. Some pictures for your viewing pleasure..... :)

Its great to know that I will soon be a part of this club, booked my Carbon Steel GT TSI around mid September. Hope to pick up the car this weekend, so long as registration is not hampered by the upcoming holidays.

I picked the car based on what I read about it on this thread! Thanks guys, you have me as a brand new novice to DSG and TSI joy!

I've also picked up the GTI Armrest and hope to put it in place, with more than a little help from my Dad :).

One question, on which I would seek your opinion. I was planning to swap the Apollo Alanac for Michelin XM2 in the same size. Do you think that is a good decision?

Quote:

One question, on which I would seek your opinion. I was planning to swap the Apollo Alanac for Michelin XM2 in the same size. Do you think that is a good decision?
Get the Yokohama s drives...those tyres were made for this car....phenomenal grip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeavyFuelRun (Post 3573195)

Hi,
I have put 195/60/R15 Michelin Primacy 3ST.
Super tyres, very comfortable, silent and excellent grip.
I am using XM2 in my i20, found these even better.