Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2014, 14:52   #2266
BANNED

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi803 View Post
They have mentioned 'ambient lighting' as a feature. Can someone confirm what is it exactly? Are they referring to DRLs or is it something similar to what FIAT cars are equipped with?
They are mentioning about the foot well lights that is present only in the front driver and passenger side.
nidhinsarath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 15:08   #2267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Footwell lights for the driver and co-driver side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
They are mentioning about the foot well lights that is present only in the front driver and passenger side.

Thanks for the quick replies!! I swear I went through the feature list a few hundred times but never paid much attention to this. Sweet little feature to have.
Old 21st October 2014, 18:01   #2268
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the quick replies!! I swear I went through the feature list a few hundred times but never paid much attention to this. Sweet little feature to have.
Makes you feel happy when the light shines on to the doorstep chrome garnish reminding you that you have a GT
Old 28th October 2014, 16:20   #2269
BHPian

Picked up my GT couple of hours back. The PDI took waaay longer than expected. Drive to home was just buttery.

Mods planned for now, nothing really. I do plan to get projector headlamps and better alloys in the next 4-6 months. Remapping and stuff will be post one year.

I'll be posting my experience here as I drive it around. For now, some pics, nothing fancy, just some good old phone camera quality pics. Will be taking more in the coming days.

Thanks guys!! You all have been of great help!!
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-wp_20141028_0101.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-wp_20141028_0091.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-wp_20141028_0081.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-wp_20141028_0071.jpg  

shinobi803 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 01:34   #2270
BHPian

Hey nice colour you have over there ! Are the facelift GT s being offered in all the available colours as normal Polo ? I never knew that. Did I also notice a dead pedal ? The older prefacelift models didnt have them did they ?
By the way I could see the footwell lighting in the picture looks like a nice addon.
rranjith_kum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 09:08   #2271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
Hey nice colour you have over there ! Are the facelift GT s being offered in all the available colours as normal Polo ? I never knew that. Did I also notice a dead pedal ? The older prefacelift models didnt have them did they ?
By the way I could see the footwell lighting in the picture looks like a nice addon.
- Nope. Only red, white and this new one (carbon grey).
- Yes you noticed a dead pedal which the older one's didn't have.
Old 29th October 2014, 11:24   #2272
BHPian

i'm very happy to report that i see at least 1 to 2 GT Tsi s every time i take out my car to go somewhere. It's amazing that a hatchback of this price can sell in such good numbers.

I feel the indian car buyer is ready to spend the right money on the right product. I only hope that seeing this success VW decide to bring in Polo GTI into the country soon....
Old 29th October 2014, 12:00   #2273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
- Nope. Only red, white and this new one (carbon grey)
Really ? I saw a video review from overdrive in youtube later yesterday. They showed a dark blue car also. I can post the link if you want.
Old 29th October 2014, 12:32   #2274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
Really ? I saw a video review from overdrive in Youtube later yesterday. They showed a dark blue car also. I can post the link if you want.
You sure it was a TSI and not a TDI?

TDI's have been spotted in other colors, especially the media test/review vehicles. Very few dealers have mentioned Blue as an option, and not sure how many have actually delivered.
amanomics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 22:43   #2275
BHPian

True just checked the video again the blue one was indeed a GT TDI. Just checked the VW website, they havent mentioned about the available colours not even in the ebrochure

Last edited by rranjith_kum : 29th October 2014 at 22:47. Reason: typo
Old 29th October 2014, 23:25   #2276
BHPian

Quote:
Picked up my GT couple of hours back. The PDI took waaay longer than expected. Drive to home was just buttery.

Mods planned for now, nothing really. I do plan to get projector headlamps and better alloys in the next 4-6 months. Remapping and stuff will be post one year.

I'll be posting my experience here as I drive it around. For now, some pics, nothing fancy, just some good old phone camera quality pics. Will be taking more in the coming days.
Congratulations on the car. The colour looks awesome!

1 general question I had after looking a a lot of Polo's & Vento's on the roads, does VW have a far superior paint/paint finishing for their cars? Most of VW cars i've spotted have an almost mirror shine whereas their number plates tell them they've been around for atleast an year or so.
gomzi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 09:21   #2277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
1 general question I had after looking a a lot of Polo's & Vento's on the roads, does VW have a far superior paint/paint finishing for their cars?
Found a nice article which compares the Vento with City(http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct...78597519,d.d2s).

According to this Vento comes with
- Long lasting galvanized body
- 3 years paint warranty
- 6 years anti corrosion warranty

whereas City comes with only "2 years paint warranty"
shetty_rohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 15:45   #2278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Congratulations on the car. The colour looks awesome!

1 general question I had after looking a a lot of Polo's & Vento's on the roads, does VW have a far superior paint/paint finishing for their cars? Most of VW cars i've spotted have an almost mirror shine whereas their number plates tell them they've been around for atleast an year or so.
Thanks!!
The paint job is fantastic!! I am actually running out of superlatives to describe it. Just a wipe from the Jopasu duster I bought every morning and the car shines like a mirror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Found a nice article which compares the Vento with City(http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct...78597519,d.d2s).

According to this Vento comes with
- Long lasting galvanized body
- 3 years paint warranty
- 6 years anti corrosion warranty

whereas City comes with only "2 years paint warranty"
Yes, same with polo. They actually make it very clear during the delivery when they go over the warranty.

2 days later - Update

Covered roughly 50 KMs and the car is a beast!! It's just a fantastic experience to drive around and the turbo pull is really addictive. Just raring to go anytime, all the time.

I know it's too early to judge the mileage of the car but so far getting 15 km/pl with roughly 30% distance covered in bumper to bumper.

The hill-hold feature is fantastic. There is this thing, when the brake pedal is released, on a slope, I can hear a 'tak' sort of a sound before the car slowly begins to move forward. Just checking up if this is normal or I should not be doing something.

Also, pressing the 'voice-control' button on the steering automatically starts Cortana (on WP 8.1 phones) and Ok Google (on Android phones).... very impressive.

An ownership report is due but I need to complete a couple of tank fulls before I get to compose that. There will be one soon, I promise.
Old 1st November 2014, 14:14   #2279
BHPian

Here's mine...after a long, long wait (July 17 - Oct 30). I couldn't collect yesterday, so did it today morning.

Smooth affair. The PDI was fine. Buying the original mats and mud guards. As usual, the PSI was 45 and I got it down to 30 while filling fuel.

Has the steering become a little more 'artificial' than earlier at very low speeds..? The all-black theme is fantastic. The interiors look rich, but I wish there were softer plastics used on top of the dashboard - that would've made it killer. Arm rest sorely missed.

The GB is slightly rougher than torque convertor ATs in crawling traffic - noticeably so. However, the DSG is surreal as usual - step on the accelerator, look down at the speedo, it's at 50 kmph in 5th gear and you'll have no idea how and when the gear shifts happened!

My wife, who drives an i10 AT, wants to sell that off and drive this instead . My hunt will begin soon enough again!
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-dscf0613.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-dscf0612.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-dscf0614.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-dscf0615.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-dscf0616.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-dscf0617.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-dscf0618.jpg  

d_himan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 16:23   #2280
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on owning a hot hatch. Wishing you many miles of pleasure drive. Do purchase extended warranty and road side assistance as well. Better safe with Germans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Buying the original mats and mud guards.
Chuck VW mats and get Kagu 3D mats. Expensive but well worth the money. Mud guards spoil the look of the car. GT TSi looks far better without it.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks