Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/135550-volkswagen-polo-1-2l-gt-tsi-official-review-126.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanomics (Post 3518841)
Took the delivery today. I had posted an update earlier during the day but maybe moderators didnt let it display.

Initial impression:
Brake is sensitive, will take few rides getting used to.
That little push in D mode is useful in bumper to bumper traffic. Just remove foot from brake and it moves forward.
A/c blower is a bit on the noisier side I feel.
I like the vroooom sound inside the cabin!

Many Congrats, Amanomics :)

Please share some pics of the new ride.

Quote:

Took the delivery today. I had posted an update earlier during the day but maybe moderators didnt let it display.

Initial impression:
Brake is sensitive, will take few rides getting used to.
That little push in D mode is useful in bumper to bumper traffic. Just remove foot from brake and it moves forward.
I like the vroooom sound inside the cabin!

Congrats Bro!!! on your new ride. you are the first one on the forum to get it clap:

Do post some nice pics of the car.

I really really like the Polo TSi. Given the delta between the petrol and diesel prices isn't much, the TSi makes even more sense simply for the refinement and the gearbox on offer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pc1686 (Post 3518848)
Many Congrats, Amanomics :)

Please share some pics of the new ride.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalittalwar (Post 3518849)
Congrats Bro!!! on your new ride. you are the first one on the forum to get it clap:

Do post some nice pics of the car.

Thanks guys... It was a tough wait of 2 months!

Some pics I took while car was being cleaned for delivery (not able to rotate pic in post somehow)

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_1495-768x1024.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_1496-1024x768.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_1497-768x1024.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_1499-1024x768.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_1502-1024x768.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_1504-1024x768.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanomics (Post 3518924)

Some pics I took while car was being cleaned for delivery (not able to rotate pic in post somehow)

]

Hearty congrats for being the FIRST owner in the forum for the facelifted TSI! The interiors looks FANTASTIC with the all black scheme!

Congrats and a big thanks for posting the pictures!

Quote:

Quote:

Attachment 1280375

Congrats on the car, lots of bhpians going green with envy including me.

I see that the GTs are not getting the machined alloys anymore in the new guise as well. :(

Is the spare wheel also an alloy or the steel rim?

Enjoy the car. Not that we need to tell you that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shefiu (Post 3518947)
Congrats on the car, lots of bhpians going green with envy including me.

I see that the GTs are not getting the machined alloys anymore in the new guise as well. :(

Is the spare wheel also an alloy or the steel rim?

Enjoy the car. Not that we need to tell you that!

Yes no new alloys, but the Sales guys says these are better for GT, heavier than new one. Didnt understand though.

Spare wheel has no alloy sadly. Spare key is just a key. Two cheap points for GT!

Couple of questions, and i'll have many more later:

- The doors can NEVER be locked from inside?

- The MFD stays on for a while even after the key is removed? For how long?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanomics (Post 3518953)
Yes no new alloys

Spare wheel has no alloy sadly.

Not really a good move by VW for the "fully loaded" car in the series, but not a major issue for those who are planning to upgrade wheel/tires anyway.

Quote:

Spare key is just a key. Two cheap points for GT!

:eek: That doesn't sound too good for a Rs. 10 lakh car! It should have been two key fobs and one plain key!

BTW, is it possible to buy an additional key without having to pay an exorbitant amount? How hard is it to get one through the dealer?

[quote]
Quote:

Yes no new alloys, but the Sales guys says these are better for GT, heavier than new one. Didnt understand though.

I thought the idea behind alloys was to make them lighter, so heavier alloys is counterintuitivelol:

Quote:

Spare wheel has no alloy sadly. Spare key is just a key. Two cheap points for GT!
though spare wheel not being alloy isn't much of a bother, but the spare key not being a fob is a glaring omission :Frustrati

Quote:

yes, you should be able to lock them from the lock/unlock buttons provided on the driver side armrest/handle, right under the OVRM adjuster.

Quote:

not sure about this one

Quote:

Couple of questions, and i'll have many more later:

Dont have a TSI,but a 2014 1.2 CL.
Doors can be locked and unlocked from the buttons on the arm rest,just below the ORVM adjustment knob.
MFD stays on for a few seconds after removing the key,its normal.

Quote:

Took the delivery today.

Congrats friend ! Another new Polo :thumbs up
For an auto enthusiast, getting a car named GT is the best gift ever.

I have same views. At number 2 position, it makes more noise than expected. Then who cares about the AC noise when you have that vroooom sound in your cabin :) Enjoy !

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 3519027)
Dont have a TSI,but a 2014 1.2 CL.
Doors can be locked and unlocked from the buttons on the arm rest,just below the ORVM adjustment knob.
MFD stays on for a few seconds after removing the key,its normal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zigor (Post 3519042)
Congrats friend ! Another new Polo :thumbs up
For an auto enthusiast, getting a car named GT is the best gift ever.

I have same views. At number 2 position, it makes more noise than expected. Then who cares about the AC noise when you have that vroooom sound in your cabin :) Enjoy !

guys, a quick query; which floor mats did you guys get? are 3D mats available for the new polo with dead pedal?

@amanomics Congratulations and thanks for sharing the pictures.

The picture above showing the engine shows a part of the car bonnet. It made me wonder that the bonnet may not have the noise insulation cladding that was present in the older TSI.

That would be a disappointment but maybe I am wrong. Can you confirm?

Cheers,

Quote:

Originally Posted by diffsoft (Post 3519054)
@amanomics Congratulations and thanks for sharing the pictures.

The picture above showing the engine shows a part of the car bonnet. It made me wonder that the bonnet may not have the noise insulation cladding that was present in the older TSI.

That would be a disappointment but maybe I am wrong. Can you confirm?

Cheers,

It has a black padding for insulation. Sales guy told me its for heat insulation.

Guys, I know how to lock/unlock the doors :D. What I meant was that if I've locked it from inside, nobody can open it from outside, but I still open it from inside. Hope now my question is clear?