Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2014, 23:38   #1846
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Rider View Post
Dear Members,

I'm in a dilemma and request experts out here to help me. I'm on the look out for a new car with a budget of 10 L OTR...

Have a chauffeur.

I've shortlisted Polo GT Tsi, Linea Tjet and Ertiga ZDi.

My heart says pick Polo GT Tsi or Linea Tjet 'cause of :

1. FTD factor. No need of Driver
2. Mod Potential
3. Don't go for Maruti again ( relatively low quality of plastics, rattling etc.,)
4. DSG of Polo will be a boon in city traffic
5. Good driving dynamics and overall build quality
6. Initial turbo lag in Ertiga..
Since you like fun-to-drive cars but you have a chauffeur to do the city work, I'd suggest you consider the Vento TSI. It's got the same punchy engine and the convenient DSG, good driving dynamics, build quality, et al, and at the same time you've got more knee room at the back than the Polo so you could stretch those legs a bit. Yes, the Vento will be more expensive than the Polo GT, but you might just get a good deal on the pre-facelift model. Not sure how long you might have to wait for the face-lift version. I'd imagine that it's a few months away.

Don't forget to train your chauffeur correctly.
Old 25th August 2014, 06:40   #1847
BHPian

Thanks for your responses. Want to clarify that the chauffeur is temporary. The new vehicle will be driven by me. I did consider the vento but cost cutting measures such as no cladding on the inside of the boot panel put me off. Inspite of my heavy usage, I don't mind going for the petrol.

Contest is now between VW Polo GT Tsi, Linea Tjet and Ertiga. Looking forward to more suggestions from the gurus out here...
Old 25th August 2014, 08:41   #1848
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your responses. Want to clarify that the chauffeur is temporary. The new vehicle will be driven by me. I did consider the vento but cost cutting measures such as no cladding on the inside of the boot panel put me off. Inspite of my heavy usage, I don't mind going for the petrol.

Contest is now between VW Polo GT Tsi, Linea Tjet and Ertiga. Looking forward to more suggestions from the gurus out here...
I have found GT TSI to be an awesome vehicle to drive in city(daily office commute), and occasional highway drives. But as you have mentioned it is not a people carrier(difficult to seat 5 adults in older Polo, but I am not sure about the new Polo which little longer than the older one).

Whereas Ertiga is a people carrier(it could carry 5 people along with your lab).

So, in case you are having two car parking, and some extra money to spend, then I would suggest you to buy Polo GT TSi, along with a second hand Ertiga.
Old 25th August 2014, 09:41   #1849
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Slightly OT, by cladding, do you mean the covering on the internal side of the boot lid. if so, the Vento definitely has it.

I don't think there will be any quality difference between the Polo and the Vento. They are essentially the same car apart from the boot and other minor changes. As others have mentioned, Polo's biggest disadvantage is the rear seat space, so the Vento may be a good compromise in terms of practicality and FTD factor.

From your list, considering your need, Polo will not practical and I think you will feel it. So it will be between the TJet and Ertiga.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 10:06   #1850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blr View Post
BTW, when you said the same upholstery, did you mean the same old beige colour or just the same material? I am especially interested to know the colour of the headliner for the purpose of sourcing a matching dome light for upgrade.

Blr
From the info available till now, the upholstery will be the same as previous one; Milan Titanschwarz. till now, nobody has indicated the colour of the headliner, and to be honest, even I did not notice it when I went for the test
drive of the new Polo, but on Highline, it would is beige. Not sure about the trendline though. but i assume it would be grey.

I think the launch is just around corner now, so these things could be clarified shortly.
lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 13:04   #1851
Senior - BHPian

Polo will be quite small and inadequate for a family outing. There is no space in the back. It is either a self drive or a couple's car and that's it.

Linea is definitely more spacious but not with a pet in the equation.

Infact even the Ertiga will fall short of being an ideal solution but this would be your best bet amongst the given options.

You can try the Honda Mobilio if you do not want to go with Maruti.

Quote:

Last bit not in the least, since this is the Polo GT Tsi review thread you would do well to report all of the posts regarding your dilemma starting with post #1841 all the way down to & including mine @ #1851 and request to move them to the appropriate thread.

Last edited by khoj : 25th August 2014 at 13:05.
Old 27th August 2014, 19:10   #1852
BHPian

I was at the Coimbatore showroom and there was a white GT TSI ready for delivery. The glossy black ORVMs and spoiler looked good on the white. I think it will look more sportier on the red and blend in with the carbon steel. My car is supposed to be the next one as long as the dealer gets a red. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The interiors also look very good with the piano black finish. Chrome accents around the panels distinguish it from the trendline. The seat fabric is the same as last year, so are the alloy wheels. Not much else is different from the highline version in terms of features.

I am not planning on some upgrades. Talked to Sugesh at Vagtune and have a bunch of items on my wishlist. I am just waiting for my car to arrive.
Old 27th August 2014, 19:24   #1853
BHPian

Any confirmed deliveries of Polo TSI in Bangalore?

Spoke to the SA from VW Palace Cross, they are still quoting a 5-6 month waiting period :(
Old 27th August 2014, 23:07   #1854
BHPian

From what I understand from my local VW dealer, there is no separate launch planned for GT models and cross polo. They have already delivered a few cross polos and have now started the TSI delivery. Hopefully september will see more GT TSI deliveries.
crskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 07:55   #1855

Hello Happy GTians,

I'm going to join the GT TSI club next week as I will be taking the delivery of my Red GT TSi facelift on 3rd sept in Pune.
I have the PDI checklist with me which was previously published on T-BHP. Is there any thing else specifically for GT TSI that I should be checking before taking the delivery ?
Please advise.

Thank you.
Old 28th August 2014, 08:16   #1856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crskumar View Post
From what I understand from my local VW dealer, there is no separate launch planned for GT models and cross polo. They have already delivered a few cross polos and have now started the TSI delivery. Hopefully september will see more GT TSI deliveries.
Yes I second that. I got a same sense from my dealer in New Delhi.
amanomics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 09:00   #1857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashgp View Post
Any confirmed deliveries of Polo TSI in Bangalore?
Spoke to the SA from VW Palace Cross, they are still quoting a 5-6 month waiting period :(
Last weekend, I had been to VW Whitefield, they had couple of Vento TSi in stock(readily available).

My friend booked a Vento TSi(sliver colour). If you need the contact please do let me know, I will PM the same.
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 09:17   #1858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_SRK View Post
Hello Happy GTians,
=====
Please advise.

Thank you.
Thanks for the heads-up on the PDI checklist. Being a new member I was not aware of it. I just downloaded the pdf version and it is very useful.
Old 28th August 2014, 09:45   #1859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Last weekend, I had been to VW Whitefield, they had couple of Vento TSi in stock(readily available).

My friend booked a Vento TSi(sliver colour). If you need the contact please do let me know, I will PM the same.
Thanks dude, but not inclined for the 3 Lakh difference for the Vento. Waiting on the Polo itself.
Old 28th August 2014, 10:35   #1860
BHPian

Update & Query on Mileage.

Drove from delhi to dehradun a few days back in my 2 months old GT.

Conditions at start of journey.

- load of 4 adults + small dog
- boot filled to the max
- tank full of Speed 97.
- odo meter @ 825 kms.

Journey

- I drove in a semi relaxed manner and gave it a good acceleration whenever needed for overtaking.
- Stopped at a place for about 45 mins with engine and ac running.

Mileage reading at end of journey in the mfd 1 showed...

- 330 kms
- 12.5 km per litre

Would the above be considered a good or a bad mileage ? I was considering a bit more of about 15km/l + from reading other owners getting that much on their highway runs.

Is the mileage currently low because the car had done only about 825kms at start of journey and will increase after a few thousand kms ? Or is it beacuse it car was fully loaded with 5 occupants + max baggage ?

Thanks.

Last edited by rana_kirti : 28th August 2014 at 10:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks