Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2013, 21:19   #1456
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

@Fortuner71, how did you take it out ? (From / thru the bumper) ?

Just back from a 1100 km trip, and found that using HB + LB together gives sufficient lighting. But just need to be considerate to switch off the HB when there's some one coming from the opp direction.
Old 18th August 2013, 22:14   #1457
BHPian

[quote="condor;3211671"]@Fortuner71, how did you take it out ? (From / thru the bumper) ?
QUOTE]

Just 2 holes made and fixed to an angle rod on the outside

Last edited by Fortuner71 : 18th August 2013 at 22:16.
Old 19th August 2013, 10:56   #1458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
USB mass storage is disabled in Android but you can go to settings ->developer options and set the debug mode. USB mass storage should work in developer mode.
Thanks - this worked - albeit erratically. Sometimes I got a message as "device error " and then randomly it started playing songs

Also can the head unit act as a phone charger through the USB ? I was not able to charge my blacbkerry or android phone. Does this also require some settings change ?
Old 19th August 2013, 11:18   #1459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Thanks - this worked - albeit erratically. Sometimes I got a message as "device error " and then randomly it started playing songs

Also can the head unit act as a phone charger through the USB ? I was not able to charge my blacbkerry or android phone. Does this also require some settings change ?
Actually it charges but you do not see it as charging .
As per USB specification there are two kind of slave devices low powered and high powered.

Your host ( head unit) must be recognising USB storage as low power device. USB host it is supposed to supply maximum quiescent current as 500 mA and low power current is 100 mA in USB 2.0 , this is insufficient to charge a mobile battery. If you want both playback and charging at same time and your HU does not support may be you can use a USB powered hub and connect it to aux power socket but before buying check if your HU recognises the device in this mode.

About the "device error" part which phone is this ? Actually USB mass storage used to be there in earlier version of Android but it was considered content security hole. I think under pressure from big media houses and content providers it was removed but it remains as part of developer option for debugging.
MTP is supported by PC OSs and MTP respects DRM so MTP is now the standard method to transfer files over USB cable with PC for consumers.
Old 19th August 2013, 11:20   #1460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
The HU will not charge your phone, use the ciggy lighter socket to attach a usb cable charger...all this hassle because the HU does not support A2DP music streaming. I have a bluetooh reciever which is connected to the aux in but it does not get charged simultaneously.
Old 19th August 2013, 21:23   #1461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post

About the "device error" part which phone is this
Its a Micromax canvas
Old 19th August 2013, 22:12   #1462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
One of the ways to install aux lamps without bulbar , installed Hella 3000 .
Good job done! Neat and clean. Your Storme is looking really cool Fortuner71 with these Hella 3000. Seen first Storme with Hella on it. Put some photograph from distance to give a complete view of your Beast.

I hope you would have not missed to get this new structure painted to avoid rusting in future.

Can you share how much all this cost to you.

-
SS
SaurabhSaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 12:13   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhSaran View Post
I hope you would have not missed to get this new structure painted to avoid rusting in future.

Can you share how much all this cost to you.

-
SS
The structure is painted . will PM you the cost with break up .
Old 20th August 2013, 14:26   #1464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post

The structure is painted . will PM you the cost with break up .
If you don't mind can you put up the cost and other details here for use of everyone on an off the forum.
Would also request a bit distant shot of the beast, if possible.

Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 18:09   #1465
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Tata Safari 2.2L technical/Other problems/solutions Thread

Expect a recall for a vibration one would feel for 2012 ( certain batch) Storme. This can be felt at 40-60kmph only and many wont notice it unless you know a Safari well. Seems it related to a design issue with first gen's rear axle internal.

Pune people coming to fix my friend's Storme after he found out the issue. Its a 450rs job ( for parts) but looks like he would get a rear axle transplant for this.

If I remember correctly, its for rear axle one with rear opening (?) and newer ones have front opening.
jkdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 19:15   #1466
BHPian

Mod Note : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 21st August 2013 at 11:53.
avanishphatak is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st August 2013, 12:06   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
If you don't mind can you put up the cost and other details here for use of everyone on an off the forum.
Would also request a bit distant shot of the beast, if possible.

Thanks
Cost :
  1. Lights : 7500
  2. fabrication for lights : 2000
  3. electrical : 1300
i shall put up pictures soon .
Fortuner71 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 12:19   #1468
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Expect a recall for a vibration one would feel for 2012 ( certain batch) Storme. This can be felt at 40-60kmph only and many wont notice it unless you know a Safari well. Seems it related to a design issue with first gen's rear axle internal.

Pune people coming to fix my friend's Storme after he found out the issue. Its a 450rs job ( for parts) but looks like he would get a rear axle transplant for this.

If I remember correctly, its for rear axle one with rear opening (?) and newer ones have front opening.
Is the problem in the Axle per se(I doubt that) or the TVD (Torsional Vibration Damper). TVD was a new introduction in Storme, and we all know what happens what Tata does "new"
Old 21st August 2013, 16:18   #1469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Which dealer TASS are you taking the Storme to? Would be great to meet up. You are sure it was rectified for the 2013 trucks?
Old 21st August 2013, 17:06   #1470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There has been no design change in the Axles of Tata Storme. Since its inception. Absolutely no design change.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks