Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2013, 13:28   #1126
BHPian

@ subriyer- black is the best colour IMO. 20k over registration charges is not justified. I had paid 3k for logistics, and 500 extra. Another 5k for special no to Rto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS View Post
Guys, I had been to Pandit Automotive yesterday. He wasnt able to clearly explain the difference between AMC and Warranty.
Though I have a basic understanding of this, can someone elaborate more on this?
The AMC according to the showroom personnel was for 20 K Kms only ?

Insurance outside will definitely save you quite a bit. However I feel 20 K handling charges sounds pretty steep. In Pune they charge somewhere around 5-6 K tops. Not sure about Bangalore though.
Dealerships are not at all clear about amc packages, they only have standard packages which also they don't divulge details and do not want to sell. AMC is what takes care of maintenance, whilst warranty takes cares of manufacturing defects or sultry parts which fail before prescribed life.

There are 3 types of packages-
1. Silver- takes care of vehicle in scheduled maintenance. That is at 15k, 30k, 45k and so on.
Covers consumables, labour, etc. like engine oil, filters, brake pads,etc.
2. Gold- takes care of car anytime, apart from services also. Does not cover battery and tyres.
For eg- if your brakes wear out at 18k kms, they will e changed. Sudden brakedown, clutch, suspension, etc. are all covered.
3. Platinum- takes care of everything like gold plus tyres and battery.

Hence after amc, its like if something is not covered by warranty like wear and tear parts, it is covered under amc along with labour. And in case of accident, its insurance! A complete peace of mind.
I plan to keep my storme for atleast 1lac km and 4years (calculated as per my old cars), so I took a gold amc of 4yrs/1lac km amc. It's a customized package and costs 85p/km, which would be same if I ask for 85k/3yr. I believe this is atleast the cost 1 will bear per km in the life of vehicle, just that I paid upfront. Though it was appx. Same for fiesta, innova, etc. which I compared. I also compared to the 3l dicor my brother had.

Sorry for long post. Hope that helps.
stormerider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 15:29   #1127
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Visited the stockyard to check the vehicle, surprised that the netting at the back is not being included anymore by TATA. Anyone has any idea regarding this?
Selected stock alloys which were spotted in the test vehicle, apparently these are available for sale now and will arrive by Saturday.

The explorer edition has art leather seats, so will not be opting for this.

New update from KHT that upgrading the HU and speakers with Amplifier from 3rd party will not void the warranty. But god knows what they will say later if there are any issues.

These are the alloys I have selected:
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-tata_safari_storm.jpg  

Old 1st July 2013, 15:42   #1128
BHPian

Needed some information on the Reverse Parking Sensors which owners here have installed on the EX and LX versions. Which one would be the best option, sensors + camera or only the sensors?
Wish TATA would make them standard on all models, considering the size of the vehicle.
Old 1st July 2013, 16:11   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
@Stormerider, @Chinkara, @Avanish - thanks for your inputs. I drove the Duster 110PS last evening and i must say, i felt scared driving it.
hi, buying insurance outside the dealer should not be a problem, as i have done it , and handling chargers usually will be around 5-6 k , I guess 20 is little too much.

Mine is a second vehicle from kHT brookefield and it was a nice experience, though my first experience was bad (dues to a irresponsible sales person when I bought nano) but I still went with them spoke to them about it before I booked storme, and this time they made sure everything was ready 1 day earlier than date, it was really good and smooth.
Old 1st July 2013, 16:31   #1130
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Please go through the post 1204 in this thread and imagine if it is a TATA, what would have been the reaction in this forum, media (print and electronic). Even in that thread nobody bothered about this post except one reply in 1206 post. rest all just ignored it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...utions-81.html

TATA are very poor in media management compared to their competitors.

TATA have to improve not only their Q&C and TASS , but also media management

May be we in the forum have better tolerance levels with regard to other manufacturers as against TATA.

Iam not connected with TATA in any way.
You stole words from my mouth buddy. Very well said. Tata is zero when it comes to managing media. Media expects some 'largesse' in some form or the other. If nothing, then at least ad revenue. Since Tatas do not oblige, Tata cars' problems are magnified. Two Nanos caught fire and every one was shouting from rooftops. Several 50L to 2 crore cars caught fire but every one pretends like this never happened.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 16:50   #1131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesA View Post
Selected stock alloys which were spotted in the test vehicle, apparently these are available for sale now and will arrive by Saturday.
These are the alloys I have selected:
That is not the stock alloy for storme. This is a 17" alloy of aria. Please check again. I do not like the stock alloy of storme, I feel it looks like a flower. With the aria alloy, one has to change the tyres also. Which becomes a lot of expense! Hence I chose to go with safari alloys, IMO they are more sportier.
Old 1st July 2013, 17:04   #1132
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Yep those do look like the Aria 17" alloys. Better looks but a lot more expensive due to tyre upgrade cost.
Old 1st July 2013, 17:08   #1133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
I do not like the stock alloy of storme, I feel it looks like a flower.
Agree 100%. The stock steel wheels on the LX and EX look so much better. The design of the alloys is really disappointing, considering how steep they cost.
Old 1st July 2013, 17:20   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
That is not the stock alloy for storme. This is a 17" alloy of aria. Please check again. I do not like the stock alloy of storme, I feel it looks like a flower. With the aria alloy, one has to change the tyres also. Which becomes a lot of expense! Hence I chose to go with safari alloys, IMO they are more sportier.
Thanks Stomerider, will check with KHT again. Initially even I thought these were Aria alloys but the guy there was certain it was 16" ones for the Storme. Hopefully they are correct else will get the Safari alloys.
Old 1st July 2013, 20:03   #1135
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Stomerider, will check with KHT again. Initially even I thought these were Aria alloys but the guy there was certain it was 16" ones for the Storme. Hopefully they are correct else will get the Safari alloys.
Just did a comparison of the Alloys on the Storme in one of the promotion pictures and the one from the Aria review (Hope no one minds). Both the alloys are different when seen carefully. KHT will send me the pictures tomorrow and will be able to confirm if its actually the Aria alloys.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-safariaria.png  

Old 1st July 2013, 21:13   #1136
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just did a comparison of the Alloys on the Storme ... Both the alloys are different when seen carefully.
The design could be same, but the size is different.

Considering the size difference, I would not expect the same design for Arai & STorme
Old 2nd July 2013, 14:48   #1137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just did a comparison of the Alloys on the Storme in one of the promotion pictures and the one from the Aria review (Hope no one minds). Both the alloys are different when seen carefully. KHT will send me the pictures tomorrow and will be able to confirm if its actually the Aria alloys.
What was the price quoted by dealer for the alloys ? also i presume you are replacing only 4

OT: are you Charles Anand by any chance - since you are a noob am unable to send u a PM
Old 3rd July 2013, 11:04   #1138
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Are you folks aware of any deals going on. Also, can i ask for insurance outside since i might be able to wrangle a cheaper one. 20k is set aside by the dealer for handling charges. Apart from registration, i dont see anything there. Any tips on this would be helpful
There is a 60k deal which is on by TML for the Storme if someone in your family owns a Tata vehicle, any Tata vehicle.

Further, insurance at the dealership is always expensive compared to the open market and hence I would not recommend you take it from the dealer. Let me know the lowest quote you get and I, through my contacts, can try to get it lowered.
I recommend Prerana Motors for Tata purchases at Bangalore since I know a few people there and have seen their quality of customer service.

Further, please make sure you perform an extensive PDI at the yard as soon as the car arrives there to avoid any last minute hassles and to ensure that the vehicle was "All OK" at the factory itself.

PS: There is no commercial interest involved in my above gestures.
n.devdath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 11:25   #1139
BHPian

Devdath
Thanks for this. Will pm you the details i have. I am yet to get a quote from Prerna motors. Will do so today
Old 3rd July 2013, 11:42   #1140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
There is a 60k deal which is on by TML for the Storme if someone in your family owns a Tata vehicle, any Tata vehicle
Devdath - is this the July offer ? 60k cash discount or "benefits" ? I'm also awaiting a revert today from Tafe Chennai for the July schemes. If this is a cash discount it effectively wipes out the road tax impact on account of the post budget price hike. If there a additional corp discount it can offset part of the ex showroom price hike as well. Good deal I would say. Thanks

Last edited by narayan : 3rd July 2013 at 11:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks