Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2013, 10:48   #886
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Like others i was quiet eager to see some lively shades, so quickly came up with few options and as i had thought Storme looks pretty nice in these lively shades.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-safari.jpg  

lohithrao is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 11:00   #887
Senior - BHPian

^^ Lohith, what I liked best is the matt gray cladding. Storme looks more macho with it, instead of the body colored cladding. Maybe a Nano Papaya yellow shade will look good too, along with the Grande's signature burnt orange color.
Old 26th April 2013, 11:26   #888
Team-BHP Support

I got a word that Tata is thinking about an LX 4x4 due to inquiries. Currently, they are trying to figure out if there is enough demand. If there is, the LX 4x4 may be sold in the next 3-4 months.
So maybe, if enough people want it, Tata will make the LX 4x4
Black cladding would be nice and would pay for the alloy wheel upgrade over the regular storme.
tsk1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 11:37   #889
Senior - BHPian

I had a TD of VX 4WD yesterday, and exactly inline with the TBHP review by Tanveer, did tried to wade through deep slush, but came out with 4H engaged.

The experience was fantastic, except that the interiors simply does not justify the cost for VX. LX 4WD is a fantastic arrangement, but only if its with Air bags.

I just can not compromise on security at any cost
Old 26th April 2013, 12:16   #890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
The gray cladding IMO starts looking very jaded and sad, after a few years of exposure in the sun, unlike a painted cladding.
I meant the matte black material they have used in the Storme tailgate strip. That looks nice, though you are correct, too early to tell how it would fade. The Storme also has a similar lower bumper extension around the twin exhausts, below the body colored main bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Like others i was quiet eager to see some lively shades, so quickly came up with few options and as i had thought Storme looks pretty nice in these lively shades.
Love the yellow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
So maybe, if enough people want it, Tata will make the LX 4x4 Black cladding would be nice and would pay for the alloy wheel upgrade over the regular storme.
Like our Italian friend Pescaroti said in the 4x4 thread, aren't pressed steel wheels preferred for hardcore offroading?
Old 26th April 2013, 12:20   #891
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Like our Italian friend Pescaroti said in the 4x4 thread, aren't pressed steel wheels preferred for hardcore offroading?
Hardcore offroading. You need to do things to storme for hardcore offroading, after that it will no longer be a storme
Old 26th April 2013, 12:42   #892
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Yep the rear panel matte black would look good on the sides. Even the earlier Safari grey cladding (which I had from 2001 till 2010 did not fade on my vehicle over 10 years .Yep I got a few scratches on them but never need to get them painted as they just did not show.

The error people do is to either paint this cladding, or regularly wash them with diesel to remove the tar or to polish it (and sand it with fine paper). It is best left as it is and at max given a diesel wash at the petrol pump once a year. It then lasts much better than the painted material.

Storme Sadly can't release an "Adventure" model to indicate that their True SUV is now even more Macho.

Using grey cladding and providing Alloys instead in lower spec varient would help, as many prefer the grey cladding from both the maintenance and look point of view. It sure will help keep vehicle on the side away as well. By the way the side step is the first thing that a car on the side would hit if it came too close so the painted cladding is safe in general. Have already seen a few damaged side steps in some new Stormes.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 12:50   #893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hardcore offroading. You need to do things to storme for hardcore offroading, after that it will no longer be a storme
I saw a black Scorpio Getaway at the India Bike Week which had all the side cladding removed (along with bumpers) and those metal ARB bumpers put it with a winch and raised suspension and chunky off road tyres and rool bar and snorkel. Looked very cool, and butch, and capable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
By the way the side step is the first thing that a car on the side would hit if it came too close so the painted cladding is safe in general. Have already seen a few damaged side steps in some new Stormes.

I am more paranoid about bikes with handlebar bar-end weights man. One moron even hit my mirror while zig zagging. Btw, the mirror does bend backwards (remember reading somewhere a gripe that the Storme mirror does not).

Last edited by ebonho : 26th April 2013 at 12:55.
Old 26th April 2013, 13:16   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I am more paranoid about bikes with handlebar bar-end weights man. One moron even hit my mirror while zig zagging. Btw, the mirror does bend backwards (remember reading somewhere a gripe that the Storme mirror does not).
Yes, Thank heavens for that. My beast was left at the mercy of stunt parkers zigzagging all around at Connaught Place Parking lot.Luckily most of the cars dont reach your ORVM height so its a tiny relief, but still some stunt guy managed to knock off my right ORVM and man was I glad it bends backwards (I mean forwards) The footboard on the sides also offers some protection in parking from certain inconsiderate doors.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 20:11   #895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got a word that Tata is thinking about an LX 4x4 due to inquiries. Currently, they are trying to figure out if there is enough demand. If there is, the LX 4x4 may be sold in the next 3-4 months.
So maybe, if enough people want it, Tata will make the LX 4x4
Black cladding would be nice and would pay for the alloy wheel upgrade over the regular storme.
If this is True then its AWESOME news buddy. Seriously, you ruffled the buyer in me. Cheers...

Err Tata.. i will take the blue one in 4x4 please.. thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 26th April 2013 at 20:16.
Old 27th April 2013, 01:42   #896
BHPian

I will take the LX 4x4.. In red or blue! Should we be making a pencil booking with Concorde or Prerana to show the demand to Tata?
Old 28th April 2013, 08:34   #897
Distinguished - BHPian

Question to owners - what AMC package have you opted for ?
Old 28th April 2013, 09:38   #898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Question to owners - what AMC package have you opted for ?
Extended Warranty + Silver AMC (service parts and consumables)
Old 28th April 2013, 12:57   #899
BHPian

@ebonho
How much did you pay for it? Also is its validity determined by distance or time? I enquired at Concorde and they only have it for 30k Kms for 2 years. I am confused a my truck won't run 30k in 2 years!
Old 28th April 2013, 13:51   #900
Distinguished - BHPian

@STorme'd, I was offered 4 options:

Gold / Silver
4 yrs and 40k / 50k running

Gold includes everything except Tyres & battery
Silver does not inlcude Tyres & battery, clutch, & possibly brakes also.

Approx pricing:
Silver: 4 yrs / 40k: 13k
Gold: 4 yrs / 40k: 19k
Gold 4 yrs / 50k : 38k (because clutch may need to be repalced by 50k.

I dont remember Silver @ 4/ 50k, but is approximately 19-20k

For Gold packages, Extended Wty is must.

I checked on the suitable options outside the showrooom, and the advice was for the top end - Gold @ 4 yrs / 50k, even if it costs 38k.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks