Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2013, 11:45   #751
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Tata is testing the Safari Storme again. Please refer Motorbash report on the sighting of 2 test mules:

http://motorbash.com/tata-safari-sto...roads-testing/

It appears that some changes have been made to the mechanicals of the car due to which these 2 mules are putting on the miles. What these could be ... more powerful transmission (158 bhp one), 4WD on lower variants or something else?

DB sir, will you shed some light .
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2013, 12:03   #752
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Tata is testing the Safari Storme again. Please refer Motorbash report on the sighting of 2 test mules:
This is a good thing. On one of the pics hosted on motorbeam, I could see new alloy wheels and they look better than the current design IMO.

Further, had it been undergoing testing only for the new sound system and/or the alloys, the driver wouldn't have been testing it for fuel efficiency. Let us see what BD has to say.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-2013tatasafaristorme_2.jpg  

Last edited by n.devdath : 16th March 2013 at 12:10.
Old 16th March 2013, 12:08   #753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
This is a good thing. On one of the pics hosted on motorbeam, I could see new alloy wheels and they look better than the current design IMO.

Further, had it been undergoing testing only for the new sound system and/or the alloys, the driver wouldn't have been testing it for fuel efficiency. Let us see what BD has to say.
These look like the Aria alloys to me. IMO there could be new top end with more power on tap to justify the price to public or a new lowest variant (with base price under Rs.10 lacs... the White one).
Old 16th March 2013, 17:52   #754
Senior - BHPian

Aria alloys would mean 17 inchers so maybe this will be the more powerful version of the storm (156bhp) with stiffer suspension and revised centre console
Old 16th March 2013, 22:23   #755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Aria alloys would mean 17 inchers so maybe this will be the more powerful version of the storm (156bhp) with stiffer suspension and revised centre console
156/160 bhp with 40kg of torque is same as the stage 1 tune claimed by most of the tuning boxes for the Safari. If Tata is giving stage1 tune out of the factory, that means the older Safari owners can safely tune their cars using tuning boxes for more power

I feel it would be mostly a ECU update rather than any mechanical changes to increase power. If so, looks like a distinct possibility of Tata Service centers selling a ECU remap in the future...

Last edited by apachelongbow : 16th March 2013 at 22:25.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2013, 05:37   #756
BHPian

Took a test drive today . The most important think I noticed was absence of the sofas in front . The seats are a real disaster in my opinion , how can someone provide such seats . They are much smaller than they appears in picture . The handling has improved , the position of the pedals are more comfortable unlike in the old safari .

The ride quality in the front has improved whereas the rear is not settled or comfortable . Rattling is present in the rear . Cornering has been better than the old version .
Old 17th March 2013, 07:10   #757
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
... 4WD on lower variants. . ?
4WD on lower variants would not need testing.

Reg the FE test, did TML manage to reduce the weight somewhere ? That would be good !

Last edited by condor : 17th March 2013 at 07:31.
Old 21st March 2013, 19:56   #758
BHPian

I am sure most of us are aware of the 2 lac discount on the Aria for 2012 models. Checked and realised that for those of us looking at the Aria vs Storme issue, the 2012 Arias are now CHEAPER than the 2012 Stormes:

Pure LX is 62,536 LESS than Storme LX.
Pure is 84,679 LESS than Storme EX.
Pleasure is 1,23,275 LESS than Storme VX. Amazing no?

Prices take are for Bangalore (taken from Tata websites). All are BS IV, 4x2 variants.

Hope Tata's offer discounts on the Storme next
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-aria-storme-diff.jpg  

Musa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2013, 22:34   #759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
We all saw the Storme in the same alloys when it was tested around and expected it to be launched in those too.

If a new ICE system means from Harmon only I guess coz they already showcased the Aria with a 10 speaker Harman (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...3-details.html), 19in alloy etc.

And Tata, by the way, include Auto climate control too and no price hike!
Old 21st March 2013, 23:51   #760
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musa View Post
I am sure most of us are aware of the 2 lac discount on the Aria for 2012 models. Checked and realised that for those of us looking at the Aria vs Storme issue, the 2012 Arias are now CHEAPER than the 2012 Stormes:

Pure LX is 62,536 LESS than Storme LX.
Pure is 84,679 LESS than Storme EX.
Pleasure is 1,23,275 LESS than Storme VX. Amazing no?

Prices take are for Bangalore (taken from Tata websites). All are BS IV, 4x2 variants.

I think for Pure & Prestige, there is additional 50K exchange bonus. So for such customers, the difference becomes even wider!! Don't think Storme has exchange bonus like Aria.
Old 22nd March 2013, 10:37   #761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
We all saw the Storme in the same alloys when it was tested around and expected it to be launched in those too.

If a new ICE system means from Harmon only I guess coz they already showcased the Aria with a 10 speaker Harman (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...3-details.html), 19in alloy etc.

And Tata, by the way, include Auto climate control too and no price hike!

I guess the new ICE will be what was shown in the Mountain Rescue concept at the Geneva show.. no fancy stuff, only a 2 DIN HU shoehorned into the Center console..
Old 22nd March 2013, 13:54   #762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Don't think Storme has exchange bonus like Aria.
Storme also carries exchange bonus but its a farce anyway. Your existing car will be severely undervalued by Tml dealer
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2013, 16:46   #763
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Exchange bonus is post the value reduction for a Dealer purchase so it works out the same as selling the vehicle outside. But if becomes worthwhile if one is selling a smaller car as then the reduction at Dealer end normally is not that high and 50K will exceed it.

The New HU would porbably be the 2 Din unit that they have showcased. Not the Aria unit that will take a lot more space and boost up prices.

Yep the 2012 Aria make for a better deal than the 2012 Storme.

I feel the Storme Prestige varients (with 2L + 50K) off is a real nice option vs the Storme VX as also the Pleasure vs the Storme LX. Wont really suggest the Pure vs the Storme somehow but they do make a great option vs the Innova - Though the Innova may end up being more reliable in the long run and also retain value better.
Old 22nd March 2013, 17:40   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post

The seating position on the jump seats is horrible. If you are above 5'5" in height, plan a visit to the physiotherapist after a short ride. On the bright side, you can charge your smartphone here!
TSK, my friend, you are a gem!! Not only do you write fantastic reviews which make it so much easier for us to understand a car and its virtues (and the lack of them), your straight-faced humor is fantastic. And it got me into trouble. I read the above sentence and burst out laughing loud in office. Very, very loud. And 10 people turned and looked at what 'work thingie' it was that I was finding so funny.

You are going to get a lot of people into trouble at work this way; or create an impression in many companies of how good a place they are to work in, where the employees are always happy and laughing!

Fantastic stuff; thanks for being you...

Last edited by tsk1979 : 22nd March 2013 at 18:13.
Old 22nd March 2013, 21:43   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Storme also carries exchange bonus but its a farce anyway. Your existing car will be severely undervalued by Tml dealer
Hi,
I agree they will undervalue the car and then give ex bonus. Happened with me last week at concord. They valued my polo diesel for 3lac. And then offered additional 30k bonus.
Btw : 1 dealer has a 2012 stock storme. How much discount I should ask him to give. He is right now offering 30k cash discount

Cheers
KD

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks