Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2013, 11:43   #526
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

congrats fortuner71, g_prajeesh and NST440 wishing you all happy miles. hope you people will update the forum about the ownership experiences soon.
Old 30th January 2013, 11:58   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
Just got my strome will write in detail overall good experience
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
I got my vin from my dealer, hoping to get delivery by this weekend
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_prajeesh View Post
I also booked Safari Storme VX 4X4 pearl white. Expected Delivery is Feb-9. Eagerly waiting for the day!!
Congrats guys!!
Looking forward for your ownership threads.
Old 30th January 2013, 20:39   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
Just got my strome will write in detail overall good experience
Fortuner71- Please do share with us the joy of owning the beast Sir! We're are all hungry to review the first initial ownership report on the forum.

I spotted a silver Storme EX near Palarivattom, Cochin and also saw a brown coloured Storme parked inside a TATA Motors Dealership somewhere near Vyttila, Cochin. So, Cochin SUV enthusiasts; how many of you all booked the beast?
Old 30th January 2013, 22:28   #529
BHPian

My sweetheart - Storme EX Pearl White, is here and i am just lovin her, still remember the sales rep. call saying sir ji tuhadi gaddi aa gyi hai , aa jao !!( Sir, your vehicle has come, get it.)

Will surely update about the buying experience which in crux was delightful as of now had entire time spent on her pdi,delivery & alloy fitting, here's a glimpse of my sweetheart.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-int.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-front.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-rear.jpg  

NST440 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 22:31   #530

I booked the Storme LX on 19th was promised delivery within 2 weeks but it seems that it will only be delivered in the 3rd week. The dealer gave me the VIN no today and I have confirmed its a 2013 model. None of the dealers in Bangalore were ready to offer any discount which is understandable as Storme is a new launch but there was no offer of any goodies except from KHT. (Floor mats, & teflon coating)

Prerarna was my first choice as I had purchased my Palio from them but they did not show any consideration for customer loyalty. I expected them to at least throw in some standard goodies but all I got was a terse no. . KHT was my second choice as the service center is much closer to where I live and work. Their quote was much higher but later realized it included the AMC (Assured Maintainance Contract) for 40K kms and 4 years. I felt that it was a good deal to go in for the AMC as I would not have to pay for any repairs at all.

I also asked for a quote from my current insurer for the Storme and was surprised at the amount quoted. There is a good discount if you have a no claim record on your existing car. After checking I informed the dealer that I will take insurance on my own. It will also be easy to maintain relationships with a single insurance company.
madred15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 22:39   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
My sweetheart - Storme EX Pearl White, is here and i am just lovin her, still remember the sales rep. call saying sir ji tuhadi gaddi aa gyi hai , aa jao !!( Sir, your vehicle has come, get it.)

Will surely update about the buying experience which in crux was delightful as of now had entire time spent on her pdi,delivery & alloy fitting, here's a glimpse of my sweetheart.
Congrats NST 440.
Looking forward for your ownership thread and yes, many more pictures.
Old 31st January 2013, 00:33   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madred15 View Post
I booked the Storme LX on 19th was promised delivery within 2 weeks but it seems that it will only be delivered in the 3rd week. The dealer gave me the VIN no today and I have confirmed its a 2013 model.
Congrats to you.

Quote:
Their quote was much higher but later realized it included the AMC (Assured Maintainance Contract) for 40K kms and 4 years. I felt that it was a good deal to go in for the AMC as I would not have to pay for any repairs at all.
Could you please tell me how much is for AMC

Quote:
I also asked for a quote from my current insurer for the Storme and was surprised at the amount quoted. There is a good discount if you have a no claim record on your existing car. After checking I informed the dealer that I will take insurance on my own. It will also be easy to maintain relationships with a single insurance company.
Let us know how much we have to pay if we go for outside dealer?. is it a nill depreciation?

Congrats NST440 for your new addition. waiting for ownership review. Happy mile munching ahead.

Note from Team-BHP Support: Posts merged. Please use multi-quote instead of creating back-to-back-posts within 30 minutes.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 29th April 2013 at 12:15.
Old 31st January 2013, 00:53   #533
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Congrats! Please add as much as pics as you can. I would like to see the interior pics and have a visual comparo with VX (I have been in VX). Kind of unhappy with the color used right above the glove box.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 31st January 2013 at 01:22.
Old 31st January 2013, 01:01   #534
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the Storme has finally driven into Team-BHP

Congratulations to all the folks who've booked (and received) their beast. Have a long, happy and adventure filled ownership. And, don't forget to keep us updated on the way your beast performs through a detailed report and loads of pics
Old 31st January 2013, 10:51   #535
BHPian

Congratulations to new and prospective owners of Storme.
Looking at recently launched Manza and Vista 90 I think Tata Motors now have all the parts ready in there parts bin to add climate control and 2 din touchscreen ICE to the dashboard. For me this will complete the package.
Old 31st January 2013, 12:55   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your Storme bro! Looks beautiful.

Are those beige mats stuck at the bottom on the floor in the first photo?
Old 31st January 2013, 15:12   #537
BHPian

Quote:

That's a Mean looking Beast there. Congrats on your new ride and wishing you happy and Safe miles ahead. Waiting for Initial ownership thread from a Strome Owner.
Old 31st January 2013, 15:20   #538
Senior - BHPian

On thing i like the most about the interiors - they are classy. Not overdone. Minimilastic and best.
Old 31st January 2013, 19:23   #539

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_prajeesh View Post
Congrats to you.

Thank you

Could you please tell me how much is for AMC

There are 3 options for 30K, 40K and 50K kms from 20 to 5 years. I chose the one which is approximately 16K for 40K kms and 4 years.

Let us know how much we have to pay if we go for outside dealer?. is it a nill depreciation?
I am not sure of nil depreciation I will check and post once I have confirmed the full details.
madred15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2013, 19:23   #540
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
You are correct, I have ONLY seen Leh/Ladakh in pictures.

But, I have also seen pics of low slung sedans like Linea / Laura or Innovas & Xylos in Leh/Ladakh (or most parts of it). So I believe those places can be termed basic off-roads.

What's the point in picking one or two places which can be done ONLY in proper 4WD and saying Leh/Ladakh is extreme off-road?? If I have a 2WD, I should be sensible enough to drive ONLY to those places where my 2WD can move around and skip rest of the spots.
I guess my intention has not come out clear ! I meant that the example of Leh-Ladakh as basic-off-road is incorrect. Such roads are available in most of India's hilly terrain, there are worse ones than the ones I mentioned. Any normal road , say 30 km outside any city can also be termed "basic-off-road".

Having clarified so, Who says you need a 4WD to visit these places ? I have been there myself on a plain-jane Eeco ! W/o even a power steering ! I also have photos of an Endy smoking like a steam loco on the same roads. Most of the taxis there are 2WD Innovas and Xylos and SUMOs. Its the man behind the wheels there, I guess ?

Low slung cars, yes, I have also seen a couple of them there - but , I can bet most of them would have a scraped underbelly and damaged suspension mounts, etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks