Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2018, 01:25   #4471
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Wow. 66K is good distance on a set of tyres. 5 years is also good considering our roads.
Old 28th June 2018, 08:01   #4472
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Wow. 66K is good distance on a set of tyres. 5 years is also good considering our roads.
I have done better - 7.5 yrs & 78k on Bridgetsone 689. Tyres were finally replaced @ 97k. Vehicle: Sumo Victa.

Tyres can last. While 5 year for a Michelin is about fine, the tread also depends on how hard one brakes and how often. If you are not harsh in these areas, the tread will last. For myself, I could have done more with those but running had reduced in the last 2.5 years. Else could have shown another 20 may be with these.
Old 27th July 2018, 10:35   #4473
BHPian

Cross quoting from TATA Harrier thread as below post is more relevant to this thread,

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUE_AANJANEY View Post
Through reliable sources in TML, I have come to know that Storme's production has either been stopped or is about to be stopped in the immediate future. Stocks might still be there with dealers or with TATA but fresh production has been given a red signal.
Source: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4434088

Has anybody else also heard similar thing? Any official communication to dealers?
Vishal.R is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 09:29   #4474
Team-BHP Support

Drove a Storme for over 1000 kms. It had done some 95K odd kilometers on the odo. The ride was a revelation, seats were comfortable as well. Brakes were mighty good/effective in comparison to my Scorpio 4WD. Engine wise[the tune] I still prefer my Scorpio, but for almost everything else, the Storme is ahead. And it was still running on stock tires with some life left and the SUV wasn't pampered but still was doing good.

Can not wait for H5X/H7X. Need a spacious 5 seater and not necessarily a 7 seater.
Sheel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 23:35   #4475
BHPian

Hi I have a 2013 Storme VX 4*4. With the 2.2 liter Dicor engine ( though they still called it Varicor then) . For the past couple of weeks I am facing a problem of pronounced vibrations on idle. And even vibrations on accelerator pedal.

After checking vehicle at Panvel Mahindra's First choice station, it was diagnosed that the EGR vacuum control modulator is not working. After installing the part, we realised that the current supplied to the part is 11.63v and since the part works only on higher rpm, he could not ascertain for certain the exact problem as the problem persists. I got the vehicle scanned and other than some issue with the clutch switch, there was no issue. Otherwise tuning is perfect , all lubes filters new. Car has done only 67500.

The enhanced vibrations and the lack of smoothness is getting on my nerves. Car drives very well otherwise and turbo spools beautifully. Has anybody faced similar problem and if so what is the remedy?

Last edited by GTO : 30th August 2018 at 08:11. Reason: Too many typos... fixed
HIGHNOON is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th August 2018, 23:43   #4476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The clutch that you are refering to is the Self-Adjusting type which is in the new 400 Nm version. This cannot be retrofitted into our version of Storme because there are too many components that are different.

Question - which TASS in bangalore are you getting this done at ?
Does the Storme 2013 hav the same clutch set of the 2.2 dicor ?

Last edited by GTO : 30th August 2018 at 08:12. Reason: typo
HIGHNOON is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th August 2018, 00:06   #4477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
Does the Storme 2013 have the same clutch set of the 2.2 dicor ?
AFAIK the Varicor with 6 gears would have the self-adjusting clutch (SAC). The early 2013 models have the original clutch as on 2012 models.

Last edited by navin : 3rd September 2018 at 12:59. Reason: Quoted post edited and SAC acronym explained
Old 30th August 2018, 01:59   #4478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
The enhanced vibrations and the lack of smoothness is getting on my nerves. Car drives very well otherwise and turbo spools beautifully. Has anybody faced similar problem and if so what is the remedy..?
Hello!
I have a 2.2 Safari Dicor and have faced this problem. As per my knowledge this can be due to engine mount bushes getting worn off. I have replaced them twice from Tata ASS and there was a dramatic change in the vibrations inside car. The engine mounts get wear out and need to be replaced after 70-80k kms as told by the service advisor. I will suggest you to change them and check if there is noticeable difference post that. BTW mine has clocked 150k kms.
Old 2nd September 2018, 23:52   #4479
BHPian

Quick query for folks who've taken the GOLD AMC.
What happens to the service schedule after the (4) free services, per the owner's manual, are over!? The AMC is valid for 3 yrs / 60 K kms whereas the free services are only till 2 yrs; will TASS do the paid services as free as part of AMC?

I never got my AMC booklet to check this aspect, can check with my SA but thought of getting some pointers from you guys.
Old 3rd September 2018, 10:34   #4480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
What happens to the service schedule after the (4) free services, per the owner's manual, are over!? The AMC is valid for 3 yrs / 60 K kms whereas the free services are only till 2 yrs; will TASS do the paid services as free as part of AMC?

I never got my AMC booklet to check this aspect, can check with my SA but thought of getting some pointers from you guys.
AMC covers services as per the manual till 60K. It covers everything. In case you get your oil changed more frequently then Tata will charge you even though it is mentioned in the manual that City usage requires oil changes at 10K.
The AMC booklet can be had from the dealership and it conveys all points.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 23:33   #4481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post

Yes, paid services are done free as part of gold AMC. I have already had one paid service done free on my storme which is in Gold AMC.
Seek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 00:03   #4482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
In case you get your oil changed more frequently then Tata will charge you even though it is mentioned in the manual that City usage requires oil changes at 10K.
Bang on Sir!! . I had an argument with my TASS folks, but to no avail! I know you'd raised this point first on the V400 thread and I did mention the same to my TASS, but when it was clear that it wasn't going to be addressed soon, I just paid for the oil change and moved on. Heck, they weren't even ready to do it initially, insisting that it wasn't time for a change; I'd to reason with them per my (city based) usage pattern and had to make them read the manual to believe me.

Quote:
AMC booklet can be had from the dealership and it conveys all points.
Again, for some inexplicable reason they could never get me one for my Storme! Upon continued pestering they gave me a Hexa booklet.
Old 29th September 2018, 20:11   #4483
BHPian

Dear Friends,

It's quite long after I am posting on forum. Been away for long due to professional commitments and didn't faced any major issues with my Storme for quite some time :-)

I have 08/13 Storme Ex, done 67k and recently went for service in Pune. Based on service manager advise replaced front suspension's and engine mount. Ride was fine for a week as it should be after the service, however I started facing below issues:-

1) When I move in lower gear or slow down for a signal/speed breaker, it gave me scare by huge shuddering and thereafter it was done to vibrations throughout, if I speed up it goes. I can feel increased vibrations inside and also can feel acceleration is not linear (when idle, with & without AC on)

2) Ride/ Engine is feels rough now, while it was much smoother before & immediately after service.

3) I didn't drove it for a week as I was out, when I tried starting, it took lot of time & many tries to start....though now it starts fine in one try.

4) When I go over speed breaker or over pot holes, balance seems to be off, I feel rear of car way off and not in line, like I am not in control.

I am planning to take my truck for checkup, request you to please advise what could be causing these issues and what should I ask service advisor to check.

I am not very pleased with inspections & replies of service advisor in past and will really appreciate your guidance.

Thanks,

Sunit
Old 4th October 2018, 18:21   #4484
BHPian

Storme VX now coming with 17inch alloys.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-screenshot_201810041817513.png  

damodar is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 18:57   #4485
Distinguished - BHPian

These alloys were used on the Aria earlier. And they looked pretty cool too. But introducing new alloys on the Safari means this vehicle is going to remain alive some more time (not going to be replaced by the Harrier).
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks