Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2017, 00:14   #4426
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

RPM To Gearing to Speed remains constant irrespective of any change in conditions. Be it road or altitude or whatever.
In case of higher altitude with loss of power, you might need to shift to a lower gear and hence the same Speed will be at a higher RPM.
The only instance when your Speed would be different at the same RPM and Gear would be if your clutch is gone and is slipping or you're the one slipping the clutch to compensate the loss of power.
Simple science. Just cannot vary.
navpreet318 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 10:04   #4427
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, Navpreet.

Wonder if some one is going to compare rpm when going at 100 kmph - when going up-hill vs when going down-hill.

btw, does any one have the answer to my question yet ?
What's the rpm @ 100 kmph. For people who want further qualification of the question - I am asking for details when going on a straight, near level / flat road, preferably a highway. A runway will also do.

condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 16:54   #4428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

What's the rpm @ 100 kmph. For people who want further qualification of the question - I am asking for details when going on a straight, near level / flat road, preferably a highway. A runway will also do.

If it helps, In the 2.2 dicor it used to be around 2100+ rpm jin the 5th gear..
Old 10th July 2017, 20:45   #4429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Navpreet.

Wonder if some one is going to compare rpm when going at 100 kmph - when going up-hill vs when going down-hill.

Yeah, well uphill at about 3000-4000 rpm and downhill at about 1400-1500 rpm. Maybe zero if you're willing to not use the braking. If you know what I mean.

Will do tomorrow and let you know.
navpreet318 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 11:12   #4430
BHPian

Hello,

Posting after a long time here. I was surfing the internet today and came across a new head unit from Pioneer with the model number as AVH-3300NEX which is a 1-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver with 7" WVGA Display, Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™, Built-in Bluetooth®, SiriusXM-Ready™ and AppRadio Mode + (Link below)

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...EX/AVH-3300NEX

I was curious to know whether this would be a perfectly fit the one din slot of the Tata Safari Storme (2012 - 2015 models). Currently I have the touch screen model provided by Tata but I wanted to upgrade the same to something better now.

Please let me know your valuable feedback.

Cheers!
Old 25th July 2017, 11:22   #4431
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
I was curious to know whether this would be a perfectly fit the one din slot of the Tata Safari Storme (2012 - 2015 models).
The unit will fit into the slot, but not sure of the display panel positioning when the panel is outside. If you look at the pics in the link, the panel opens to a 90 degree position. If the unit is fitted into the slot, and the panel opens, will the panel touch the console ? If it does, what is the effect of the restricted movement on the motorization parts of the HU ?

Note:
Does Tata have such a unit available here ?
Old 25th July 2017, 11:28   #4432
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
AVH-3300NEX which is a 1-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver with 7" WVGA Display, Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™, Built-in Bluetooth®, SiriusXM-Ready™ and AppRadio Mode + (Link below)
Not available in India. We get AVH-x7850BT only in this single-din retractable touchscreen configuration.

https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent...s/avh-x7850bt/

I doubt it would fit in the Safari Storme. The HU slot is rather inclined if I remember correctly. And there is no space for the screen to stand perpendicular to the HU unit.
Old 25th July 2017, 11:31   #4433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

400NM does 80kmph at 1750 RPM & 100kmph at 2000 in 6th gear. Hope this helps.
Old 25th July 2017, 11:36   #4434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Not available in India. We get AVH-x7850BT only in this single-din retractable touchscreen configuration.

I doubt it would fit in the Safari Storme. The HU slot is rather inclined if I remember correctly. And there is no space for the screen to stand perpendicular to the HU unit.
I just checked and it seems that there is an angle feature which allows you to set the angle at which you would like the display screen to pop out... Check this out.

http://www.connectedcarlife.com/tech...to-and-carplay

There is a video link available which shows a car with same inclination of the head unit as that is in storme. I think that with the angle feature, it would work. What say?

Cheers!
Old 25th July 2017, 11:40   #4435
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Will do tomorrow and let you know.
Navpreet, pls come back to TBHP .. & this thread !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
400NM does 80kmph at 1750 RPM & 100kmph at 2000 in 6th gear. Hope this helps.
Thanks, but I need info for the 320Nm, 5th gear.

Quote:
I just checked and it seems that there is an angle feature which allows you to set the angle at which you would like the display screen to pop out... Check this out.
Suggest to check a little more on this. The lil clip wasnot sufficient for me, and not able to search further at the moment.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 11:46   #4436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is 2100 RPM for 320.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 11:52   #4437
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks. Was not aware of this feature. Might fit in that case.

Quote:
This is mentioned in the review on Page - 1.
Quote:
The 5th gear is now taller with a ratio of 0.73 (0.77 earlier). This shows at 100 kph where the Storme is at a relaxed 2,200 rpm. 120 kph sees the rpm needle @ ~2,500 rpm.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 11:56   #4438
BHPian

Quote:
Suggest to check a little more on this. The lil clip wasnot sufficient for me, and not able to search further at the moment.
I would also research a bit on this thing. The single din unit available in india as suggested by Crazy Driver sir can be checked as it also sports that angle control feature.

I would come back with more. I really wish that the angle feature works like what we think and it would be a gem of a head unit as it sports the Apple Car Play and Android Auto too.

Thanks for your inputs!

Cheers!
Old 25th July 2017, 16:34   #4439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Navpreet, pls come back to TBHP .. & this thread !!!

Hi,

Work has been taking its toll! Especially since its a new setup shortly to be launched.

The Storme has been munching miles and going offroad every sunday like clockwork.

Although I wanted to ask some of you if you have an issue with the left side Head Lamp. The leveling motor does not seem to work and it seems stuck at the bottom most position. Maybe even lower!
Took it to Tata. They changed the whole headlight unit. Now again it has the same issue. I just haven't had the time to take it back despite they calling me again and again to rectify the issue. Will be taking it one of these days.

Any one of you faced this peculiar issue?

Another issue which has cropped up is the sound from the speakers. It sometimes increases or decreases on its own or when it hits a bump. Sometimes one of the speakers stops working altogether.
Wiring is supposedly OK. Don't know what kind of issue this is!
Old 25th July 2017, 18:23   #4440
BANNED

Quote:
Any one of you faced this peculiar issue?
This is actually peculiar but I would hold the headlamp unit/levelling motor as the culprit. There could be (which is a rare coincidence) two defective units which you experienced. When you adjust the beam height, does it go up and then come down?

Quote:
Sometimes one of the speakers stops working altogether.
Wiring is supposedly OK. Don't know what kind of issue this is!
This is definitely a wiring issue, either in the HU or the speakers. Increase and decrease in volume happens due to a change in the input voltage speakers get while their completely shutting off is generally a loose connection. Do all of them display this behaviour or is it restricted to one/few of them?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks