Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2015, 11:17   #4216
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

All those facing issues with the Blaupunkt system, the TATA service center is supposed to uninstall the unit and send it to the nearest Blaunpunkt service center. Got this info from Blaupunkt Mumbai office. The set comes with a 2 year warranty
Old 7th July 2015, 12:55   #4217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by param22k View Post
I would politely disagree with you, Amit. The IRVM reverse camera in my Dicor VX is a must have feature for me. When backing up on tight jungle and mountain roads without a navigator, the camera is a life saver. Shows me the edge of the road and how far I can back up safely. Sensors would be useless in this case and looking over the shoulder also wouldn't be of much help. So the usefulness of reverse camera depends on how good it is and also where you use your truck. The Dicor VX IRVM reverse camera is the best I've come across in any vehicle, including the ones that display on ICE LCD. The IRVM shows me the view I would get if I look over my shoulder through the boot glass and the camera shows me what the boot hides. Awesome!

OT. The couple of times in 6 yrs that I've backed into something due to my own negligence, the spare wheel on boot has taken care of things for me.
Agreed. The Dicor vx IRVM camera is really good. May that's why its expensive compared to all other units available in the market. TASS also had the mapmyindia unit as approved accessory. A bit bigger screen and with all india maps loaded. It just clips on to the IRVM. This one was costing around 11k and the Dicor VX version one was quoted at 20k! If you like to get it at a better price , please check with tropicool india. They quoted me 14k last year.
Old 7th July 2015, 14:18   #4218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviddenis View Post
Thanks. I also hope so. I had taken the TD with the 2014 2WD but found it to be much better experience than with Scorpio and XUV.

Also, request if anyone can guide me on the accessories. I would be getting the vehicle most probably on 22nd June. My SA has asked me to finalise the accessories list a couple of days in advance as that will help save time on the delivery day.

What is being suggested are Seat covers (Rs. 13000), Navigation System (Garmin for Rs. 9800), GPS Tracking device for Rs. 8000, Nudge Guard for Rs. 16000, and Day running Light for Rs. 12385.

What I am interested in are Explorer Decals (4200/) and Alloy wheel for the 5th Tyre (Rs. 6600). I do not have much knowledge of pricing but Seat covers in art leather seem to be very highly priced at 13K. Look forwards to all of you to guide on what makes sense and at what cost. Also, should I explore accessories from outside and if so any reliable source in Gurgaon?
13k for art leather seat covers is daylight robbery. I too was quoted similar price from the dealer. I went to a good accessories shop in Old Gurgaon and got Better quality ones for 8K. PM me and i will guide you to this shop.

My covers were fitted in a very interesting manner. They didn't slip them on the existing seat. The fitter ripped out the fabric stitching of the existing seats and fused the art leather with it. my heart cringed when he was doing this but he asked me to trust him. the end result was mind blowing. the fit is like OE factory fitted leather seats. I was very impressed. Incidentally, the fitter used to work with DC Designs in GGN (of Dilip Chabria fame) and seemed to know what he was doing. total costed me 8500 bucks which included a 300 rupee tip to the fitter and 200 for a coffee and samosa from the neighbouring CCD
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 13:49   #4219
BHPian

Paisa vasool...

Thanks to non stop rains and absence of a drainage system in NCR, I have been making my way to office by taking a detour from the Faridabad - Gurgaon highway. The route goes through a semi to poor surfaced village single lane road and with two way traffic had ample opportunities to navigate and make my way through small mounds and slush. The Storme held well through out the terrain and never did my heart skipped a beat. Twice it got stuck in slush that was countered with revving up the engine and some steering play.

The storme lives up to its reputation, never fails to bring a smile on my face and the look on those in hatches and sedans as I overtake them on such a terrain...priceless.
garyag79 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 14:53   #4220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
13k for art leather seat covers is daylight robbery. I too was quoted similar price from the dealer. I went to a good accessories shop in Old Gurgaon and got Better quality ones for 8K. PM me and i will guide you to this shop.

My covers were fitted in a very interesting manner. They didn't slip them on the existing seat. The fitter ripped out the fabric stitching of the existing seats and fused the art leather with it. my heart cringed when he was doing this but he asked me to trust him. the end result was mind blowing. the fit is like OE factory fitted leather seats. I was very impressed. Incidentally, the fitter used to work with DC Designs in GGN (of Dilip Chabria fame) and seemed to know what he was doing. total costed me 8500 bucks which included a 300 rupee tip to the fitter and 200 for a coffee and samosa from the neighbouring CCD
Thanks Himanshu! I am late in seeing your post by a day as I got my seatr covers done yesterday from Dwarka. But I am happy that the shop I got this done used the same method of ripping the fabric and stictching it back. The factory fitted leather look is priceless though I had to cough out 9K.
Old 10th July 2015, 15:44   #4221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post

Hinmanshigoswami, COuld you please post the photos of your seats as I will be taking delivery of my Storme today and would like to go in for Aert Leather Upholstery if the quality is good. COuld you share the details of the dealer with the contact no as well. How holg have you had these in your vehicle?

Last edited by rajneeesh : 10th July 2015 at 15:45.
Old 15th July 2015, 15:29   #4222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
All those facing issues with the Blaupunkt system, the TATA service center is supposed to uninstall the unit and send it to the nearest Blaunpunkt service center. Got this info from Blaupunkt Mumbai office. The set comes with a 2 year warranty
Thanks
The TATA service center guys told me that the entire procedure of uninstalling and sending the Blaupunkt Unit and thereafter getting the same installed again would take several days and hence it would be advisable If I directly go the Blaupunkt service center.I wonder if they were just trying to shun their responsibility.
Old 16th July 2015, 09:21   #4223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo1787 View Post
Thanks
The TATA service center guys told me that the entire procedure of uninstalling and sending the Blaupunkt Unit and thereafter getting the same installed again would take several days and hence it would be advisable If I directly go the Blaupunkt service center.I wonder if they were just trying to shun their responsibility.
No they are right. The accessory, in this case the music system will be sent across to the OEM vendor for repairs, from the workshop, and will be installed back once they get it from the OEM. If you want to avoid delays, you can take it directly to Blaupunkt yourself. There is a separate warranty card for the system.
Old 16th July 2015, 14:01   #4224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
No they are right. The accessory, in this case the music system will be sent across to the OEM vendor for repairs, from the workshop, and will be installed back once they get it from the OEM. If you want to avoid delays, you can take it directly to Blaupunkt yourself. There is a separate warranty card for the system.
I spoke with couple of service centers in Delhi and they were clear that if the set is under warranty it has to come from TATA with a proper job sheet. They are not willing to accept it directly from the customer. Any of the TATA service center can send it to the nearest Balupunkt service center.
garyag79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 10:37   #4225
BHPian

The engine check light lit this morning while going to the office. The truck just wasnt accelerating and turbo wasnt kicking in even after going beyond 1700 rpm. Stopped and squeezed the oval shaped rubber pump behind the engine. This is what the TATA roadside assistance guy did when this happened for the first time some 6 months ago. After squeezing it for 8-10 times, it became hard. Turned the key some 5-7 times and the check light was gone.
Old 10th August 2015, 22:00   #4226
BHPian

Hello,
Can you enlighten me on the rubber pump you mentioned as to location and purpose.
Thanks
Anosh

Quote:
The engine check light lit this morning while going to the office. The truck just wasnt accelerating and turbo wasnt kicking in even after going beyond 1700 rpm. Stopped and squeezed the oval shaped rubber pump behind the engine. This is what the TATA roadside assistance guy did when this happened for the first time some 6 months ago. After squeezing it for 8-10 times, it became hard. Turned the key some 5-7 times and the check light was gone.
Old 12th August 2015, 10:48   #4227
Distinguished - BHPian

Just completed a 1480 km 4 day Bangalore-Srisailam trip. Went through a mix of roads, and got a combined FE of about 13 kmpl.

Odo now at 40600 km in a little above 2 yrs

Last edited by condor : 12th August 2015 at 10:51.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 11:43   #4228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoshdhondy View Post
Hello,
Can you enlighten me on the rubber pump you mentioned as to location and purpose.
Thanks
Anosh
If you stand next to the bonnet near the wiper wash tank this rubber pump is placed right next to it. When this happened for the first time, the TASS guy told me that its purpose is to pump out any minute debri / impurities that the fuel line may have because of impure diesel. Honestly, didnt bother to check the real purpose of it but it has worked both times.
Old 12th August 2015, 14:49   #4229
BHPian

Quote:
If you stand next to the bonnet near the wiper wash tank this rubber pump is placed right next to it. When this happened for the first time, the TASS guy told me that its purpose is to pump out any minute debri / impurities that the fuel line may have because of impure diesel. Honestly, didnt bother to check the real purpose of it but it has worked both times.
Well that pump is used to pump out the air when you have run out of diesel, it's basically a manual fuel pump.
Ajitsingh208 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 17:19   #4230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
Well that pump is used to pump out the air when you have run out of diesel, it's basically a manual fuel pump.
Thanks, but then it has worked both times and I was on tank full.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks