Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2015, 08:36   #4036
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

I was at Concorde Motors Pune on Sunday, to book Nano AMT for my SIL.

I spotted the facelifted Storme standing in the showroom in all its glory. Most of the speculations, renders and facts are correct, except one major point.

From what I saw in flesh, I thought that the ground clearance of the face-lifted Storme is significantly lesser than the outgoing model. Can anyone confirm the same?

My wife asked me "Is this some shorter version of the Storme or what?"

The SA had no idea about the specifications. But he did invite us for the launch of the two new vehicles happening on Tuesday, 19th May 2015.
  1. Safari Storme facelift
  2. Tata Nano AMT

I will try and attend the launch and probably gather more details about the Storme.
Old 18th May 2015, 12:04   #4037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Sir,
The Xenon is offered with 2 engines in India. The 3.0L Dicor & the 2.2L Dicor. The 3.0L has the 112bhp/300NM & 72bhp/223NM output. The 2.2L has the 140Bhp/320NM output which is the XT.

Agreed on the highway part, Storme is the best buy of the 3.

Asit
Asit, I saw the 3.0L Dicor Xenon double cab pickup in the flesh yesterday at a friend's place. What a monster! Loved it. Very nice grille (a little Force 1'sh) and front on view. The pickup part is coated black and has a lvely very aesthetic flattish cross section roll bar.Could not look inside because the car had pretty dark tinted window glasses. So cannot comment how comfortable the 2nd row looked (read: slope of the backrest). But you guys are right. This thing is enormous, very wide and very long. Wish they gave it a better motor though. Something with respectable bhp, but huge torque. Right now the double cab is more of a lifestyle vehicle.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 15:09   #4038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
The tire end bolts which were replaced recently have started making a tak noise again on full steering. What do I do now? This is probably the 5th or the 6th set I have replaced under warranty! What could the reason be? I was told Tata has got new ones which have a fuller thread which will last longer but these ones have gone the fastest!!
DB - any thoughts on the same?
Same problem here. Have kind of started ignoring it but will be curious to know if there is a solution at all.
Old 18th May 2015, 18:28   #4039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I was at Concorde Motors Pune on Sunday, to book Nano AMT for my SIL.

I spotted the facelifted Storme standing in the showroom in all its glory. Most of the speculations, renders and facts are correct, except one major point.
Ajay, you probably spotted the Lx version which has 15" smaller wheels and no third row seats at all.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 18th May 2015 at 18:50.
Old 18th May 2015, 19:08   #4040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Ajay, you probably spotted the Lx version which has 15" smaller wheels and no third row seats at all.
No Amit. It did have a proper 3rd row and it was a VX variant.
Old 19th May 2015, 11:19   #4041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
No Amit. It did have a proper 3rd row and it was a VX variant.
I think it could be a fact. Or it could be because the underbody (protective sump guard plate) as seen from the front looks different to what it does in our old first gen Stormes. The new one seems to extend the whole width of the vehicle compared to ours. Also shaped different.

I too noticed the same in the photos, but since nobody had mentioned it, I thought it was just my eyes playing tricks.
Old 19th May 2015, 11:36   #4042
BHPian

I have driven this new Storme and ground clearance was the same. This storme is only an update and not really a facelift, Updates are few things technologically - clutch, linear tuning and some are for cost cutting like no paint on roof rails, Side Steps, Grill, No Felt Cloth in Glove Box and few tit bits here and there. Essentially the thing in totality remains the same
Old 19th May 2015, 15:33   #4043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute;3709088

The SA had no idea about the specifications. But he did invite us for the launch of the two new vehicles happening on Tuesday, 19th May 2015.[LIST=1
[*] Safari Storme facelift[*] Tata Nano AMT[/list]
I will try and attend the launch and probably gather more details about the Storme.
Hello ajay_satpute,

Did you attend the event? Is the updated Storme getting launched today along with Nano AMT?
Old 19th May 2015, 15:55   #4044
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
S5157 : Did you attend the event? Is the updated Storme getting launched today along with Nano AMT?
No, it was only the new Nano. No word on the Storme today.

(saw the webcast)
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 22:51   #4045
BHPian

My tires have never been rotated and the trucks already run 27K Kms. I know I am late but it's better than never. Can someone tell me how the rotation needs to happen and would I need alignment / balancing post that?
Old 21st May 2015, 23:28   #4046
BHPian

Quote:
My tires have never been rotated and the trucks already run 27K Kms. I know I am late but it's better than never. Can someone tell me how the rotation needs to happen and would I need alignment / balancing post that?
I believe that the user manual should have a section on correct tyre rotation permutations. And yes, you must check the alignment post that, given that the storme suffers from this time honoured problem of left-pull.
Old 22nd May 2015, 10:18   #4047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From https://service.tatamotors.com/sites...ari_storme.pdf

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-stormerotation.jpg

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 11:14   #4048
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Vistasp - perhaps you would want to reply?

Dear Storme'd - for your tierod end bolts / tak noise, can you please post a photograph? I need to know exactly what is the issue.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 22nd May 2015, 11:53   #4049
BHPian

Just worried on roll over. Reading that there is not any improvement on new Storme compared to old one on this area. Do we have any incidents like this before?
I am a hatchback -> SUV guy. Any thing to keep in mind?

Like quick overtake, curvey roads, sharp bends etc...

Your suggestions would help finalize the Car.
Old 22nd May 2015, 12:00   #4050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Vistasp - perhaps you would want to reply?
Sure

Dear S'tormed bro,

Please shift the front wheels back and the back wheels front, on the same side (no cross). Get them balanced first (making sure you mark each so that they don't get mixed up).

Then after the shift has happened, get a proper wheel alignment done.

Our manuals say do this every 5K kms, but I read somewhere that this has now been increased to 10K kms. The service guys as such recommend every 10K kms or some even every service (15K kms).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Beast View Post
Just worried on roll over. Reading that there is not any improvement on new Storme compared to old one on this area. Do we have any incidents like this before?
I am a hatchback -> SUV guy. Any thing to keep in mind?

Like quick overtake, curvey roads, sharp bends etc...

Your suggestions would help finalize the Car.
Personally, and corroborated by friends with Dicors, this is about 20+ kmph more compared to what the Dicor can do on the same loops safely and confidently (again based on seat of pants feel - the point where you feel the outer back tyre is feeling like its thinking of breaking away).

So yes, there is significant improvement over the old Dicor. Not just in terms of handling, but the stiffness of the overall frame, the suspension behavior, the steering inputs and feel. Drive both vehicles back to back on curvy roads to be convinced, rather than reading on the internet.

On the faster parabolas of the flat sections, you can do high speeds without any twitching or break-away feel coming through.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd May 2015 at 15:23. Reason: Please refrain from posting about speeding on public roads in the forums. Thanks!
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks