Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2015, 12:06   #3766
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Safari Storme prices has been revised. Storme VX 4x4 has around 60 K hike in Kerala.

The updated prices are now available on the official website.
S5157 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 13:35   #3767
Senior - BHPian

The parts finally arrived and I got a call from TML customer service and local dealer. Given the vehicle for the front RHS shock absorber replacement. Also asked them to change the wipers under Gold AMC. Should get the vehicle back later in the evening
Old 9th January 2015, 14:38   #3768
BHPian

Quick update. Finished a 1500km drive - Bangalore - Coimbatore - Cochin and back. Black Knight was like a well heeled elephant - sedate, noble and dont care attitude. Bangalore to Coimbatore on Christmas took 9+ hours thanks to long queues at all toll stations till Salem. The RTO checkpost toll near Krishnagiri was a back breaker with nearly 90 mts wait time. Rest was smooth. Entry into Cochin was another killer thanks to the metro coming up. Does Cochin need a metro ?
Anyways - no untoward incident excepting for a truck hitting the right side OVRM which closed on impact and the mirror dislodged, but a bit of pushing and all back to normal.
Need sun films to reduce the heat during summer, but with the ban what options ? Maybe curtains ala Ambassador style (non floral of course)
Old 9th January 2015, 19:25   #3769
Senior - BHPian

To update on my above post, got a call from dealership now ( after a whole day of keeping the vehicle for a shock absorber change ), that they realised the part they received pertained to a 4X4 vehicle and not a 4X2 one. Now they dont have time to re-assemble the front suspension and hence keeping the vehicle till tomorow and return it as such ! I have to take the vehicle back to them when they receive the part for the 4X2

Not sure if this is the well documented incompetence that everyone speaks about at T.A.S.S. that I did not experience to such a degree so far. But today I am seriously disappointed with Tata Motors service.
Old 9th January 2015, 22:24   #3770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post

Not sure if this is the well documented incompetence that everyone speaks about at T.A.S.S. that I did not experience to such a degree so far. But today I am seriously disappointed with Tata Motors service.
Was this Tafe Reach?
Old 10th January 2015, 07:35   #3771
Senior - BHPian

@Hyper Vtec this was Tafe reach
Old 10th January 2015, 08:08   #3772
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there any difference in the shock absorber for a 4x4 & 4x2 ?
Old 10th January 2015, 09:49   #3773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Is there any difference in the shock absorber for a 4x4 & 4x2 ?
I don't think so. If I remember correctly, they had changed leaking shock absorbers of 4x2 cars with 4x4 on the initial lots of 2013 and 2012.
Old 10th January 2015, 10:38   #3774
Senior - BHPian

I was told by the service advisor that after they installed the shocks they couldn't set the alignment right and that's when they "realised" they were using a 4X4 shocks. If what you guys are saying is correct, this further confuses me. Hope you guys noted I'm referring to the front shocks

Last edited by narayan : 10th January 2015 at 10:39.
Old 11th January 2015, 13:09   #3775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I was told by the service advisor that after they installed the shocks they couldn't set the alignment right and that's when they "realised" they were using a 4X4 shocks. If what you guys are saying is correct, this further confuses me. Hope you guys noted I'm referring to the front shocks
I doubt the shockers would be different for 4x4 and 4x2 Storme. The Dicor has same shockers for both. They are probably playing smart with you or are just plain stupid.
Old 12th January 2015, 12:15   #3776
Senior - BHPian

Picked up the car back today without the shocks being changed. Understand the shocks are different between both 4X2 and 4X4 and they have ordered the correct part this time. I could see underbody that they had made an attempt to remove the affected shocks. will now have to wait 1/2 more days for the replacement to arrive.

Overall not a very positive experience - not so much because of the delay in parts arrival but more so for the incovenience caused due to their lack of knowledge on what to order and then taking my car in for the replacement and wasting 2 days on it doing nothing.

Gave this feedback to Tata Motors as well. Hope they make some changes.
Old 12th January 2015, 16:40   #3777
BHPian

Hi,

Is anyone currently using an OBD device on the Storme. I've bought one but I don't keep it plugged in always since the red LED stays on even when the car is shut. Is it okay to keep it plugged in or will it drain the battery?

Also BTW, just wanted to share with everyone a new accessory added to my Storme. The RS Logo on the front grill.
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-6.-rs-4.jpg

Details:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3621371

Last edited by rohansachar : 12th January 2015 at 16:42.
Old 12th January 2015, 23:53   #3778
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar View Post
Hi,

Is anyone currently using an OBD device on the Storme. I've bought one but I don't keep it plugged in always since the red LED stays on even when the car is shut. Is it okay to keep it plugged in or will it drain the battery?..
Nah, one LED would NOT hurt. If you notice, for every car with a remote key, there will be a light which blinks throughout the time the vehicle is locked. That's perfectly OK.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 13:36   #3779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Nah, one LED would NOT hurt. If you notice, for every car with a remote key, there will be a light which blinks throughout the time the vehicle is locked. That's perfectly OK.
Agreed, the engine immobilizer light blinks constantly. I'm just wondering if the OBD chip takes in any additional power since it keeps the Bluetooth always on, even if the car is shut down &/or if it keeps the taking in values constantly.
Old 18th January 2015, 10:32   #3780
BHPian

Polar Bear running absolutely fine. Odo stands at 1580 Kms. Last tankful returned 12.4 Kmpl (All Shell fuel till now) which included 2 quick mahabs trip and rest all Chennai city traffic of mixed congestion (OMR, ECR, Anna Salai etc.) Gearing up for a Coonoor trip end of month.
hyper-VTEC is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks