Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2014, 20:38   #3181
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunit5 View Post
Hi Raja,

Welcome to Storme !!! There are few issues however sheer pleasure of driving it when all is fixed can't be explained. You can try another ASC where part is available.

Hope you remember me from RBS...
That was my immediate response to his post too. Storme's driving pleasure makes one forget the niggles. On the contrary, dont you think its a dampener that the unavailability of parts has become an overtly infamous issue with TASS. Why cant they be a little pro active in procuring the parts and spares from TMIL. Do they really think staying without your car for 15-20 days is easily manageable. I had read somewhere that they compensate you for 2000 bucks a day if your car is kept in the service centre for more than a day or so. Anyone who has been paid so far? And also what if they dont keep the car with them like this particular case but you know that driving it in such a condition might just ruin other parts too. What are the customers supposed to do in this scenario?

Last edited by Storme_on_d_way : 7th August 2014 at 20:39.
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 21:45   #3182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurelia View Post
Don't feel sorry about the downgrades. Once you start driving it, I am sure they won't matter much because the driving pleasure and ride comfort is so great.

BTW, if you want, we can meet up some time and experience it hands on.
Yes. I do not believe in loading the car with gadgets up to the brim when its not fun fun to drive. This has always been my complain with Hyundai cars. A good fun to drive car is always better than a "James Bond" car...

Sir I would love to meet up and experience the beast first hand.
Old 7th August 2014, 21:50   #3183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
On the contrary, dont you think its a dampener that the unavailability of parts has become an overtly infamous issue with TASS. Why cant they be a little pro active in procuring the parts and spares from TMIL. Do they really think staying without your car for 15-20 days is easily manageable.
Though i am yet to get this experience from TASC but we cant just conclude that its TATA specific inefficiency. My previous car was a maruti and for replacing simple parts like clutch assembly, AC compressor etc. i had to wait for a week or more until they procured part from Gurgaon and this i say out of my 7.5 years ownership experience with Maruti and their service
Old 8th August 2014, 00:12   #3184
BHPian

Niggle!

Sorry I have been travelling a bit and had trouble accessing the forum.

A mysterious problem developed a month back. The rear door would not open or close. It just got stuck. And the door open signal was on - meeting no auto lock, interior lights on etc.

It corrected by itself a couple of days back.

2. Now a new problem has started. The engine problem light comes on and the Engine loses some power. Happens more when I hit the throttle, climb a bridge / hill etc. So I am suspecting turbo problem,
Old 8th August 2014, 09:41   #3185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
Niggle!

Sorry I have been travelling a bit and had trouble accessing the forum.

A mysterious problem developed a month back. The rear door would not open or close. It just got stuck. And the door open signal was on - meeting no auto lock, interior lights on etc.

It corrected by itself a couple of days back.

2. Now a new problem has started. The engine problem light comes on and the Engine loses some power. Happens more when I hit the throttle, climb a bridge / hill etc. So I am suspecting turbo problem,
Had read another customer facing the same issue and it was indeed a turbo issue. Got it changed under warranty..Is it just me or has there been a sudden spurt of problem reportings in storme, that too after 2 years of staying afloat in the market when the competition is in fact making their products problem free. And also its uplift is just round the corner. People will have more confidence in going for that as its projected as an upgrade over the current model and not a niggle-killer version 2 like xsuv
Old 8th August 2014, 09:46   #3186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Though i am yet to get this experience from TASC but we cant just conclude that its TATA specific inefficiency. My previous car was a maruti and for replacing simple parts like clutch assembly, AC compressor etc. i had to wait for a week or more until they procured part from Gurgaon and this i say out of my 7.5 years ownership experience with Maruti and their service
I have been driving a dzire too for the last six years and thanfully, i have got just the clutch assembly replaced once only and it got done on the same day. I am sure that this particular problem plagues other manufacturers as well but the time taken by TMIL is awfully long as per my opinion and what i have read here. An improvement will certainly take it in the right direction.
Old 8th August 2014, 10:45   #3187
BHPian

Quote:
I had a query to all storme owners and especially those who have availed Gold AMC with extended warranty from TML:

My storme has almost completed 4000 kms now and next week will be driving to shirdi from Bangalore which means i will be munching around 2000 kms during the entire drive. As per the manual my 2nd service is due when i complete 4500 - 5000 kms on the ODO. Now 2 scenarios i want to explain:

Scenario 1: Giving my storme for second service at 4000 kms itself.

Scenario 2: Coming back from Shirdi and giving my storme for second service.

IMO Scenario 2 is definitely not recommended since by the time i come back from Shirdi my ODO will be well past 6000 kms and this will Void my AMC.

Now for scenario 1 if i give my storme for 2nd service at 4000 kms itself will it not affect my AMC and extended warranty? Will TASC accept my vehicle for 2nd service when i am almost 500 kms away from my 2nd service as per manual?

Please advice guys!
Better discuss it with your service adviser.
I had the same dilemma during I service when Odo was at 1000 km and a 1200 km trip was planned. SA suggested to get the service done after trip.. so I got it done at 2200 km but they entered Odo reading as 1500 in service record.. avoiding any issue on warranty / AMC part.
IMO TASS will suggest you the same. Second service is only a general check-up, and it's a good idea to give your storme a much-required bath+service after your journey.
YGarg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 12:29   #3188
BHPian

Quote:
I have been driving a dzire too for the last six years and thanfully, i have got just the clutch assembly replaced once only and it got done on the same day.
Well the biggest advantage you have is you are in Delhi and procuring part from Gurgaon is not a big deal. At least in my case the delay was due to time taken to place the order and ship the part from Gurgaon to Bangalore. The SA also told that since Clutch assembly replacement or AC compressor replacement is not a daily job, they will only order it as and when customer needs it.

I am sure its no different at TATA. May be people staying in Pune will get prompt service like people in Delhi/NCR for Maruti?
Old 8th August 2014, 13:10   #3189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Well the biggest advantage you have is you are in Delhi and procuring part from Gurgaon is not a big deal. At least in my case the delay was due to time taken to place the order and ship the part from Gurgaon to Bangalore. The SA also told that since Clutch assembly replacement or AC compressor replacement is not a daily job, they will only order it as and when customer needs it.

I am sure its no different at TATA. May be people staying in Pune will get prompt service like people in Delhi/NCR for Maruti?
People in Delhi do not get as prompt a service as it looks. When my Manza had an accident recently AC compressor replacement took 3 days as they had to order the product. You are right I was told the same that such parts are ordered only when a customer needs it.
Old 8th August 2014, 13:45   #3190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
People in Delhi do not get as prompt a service as it looks. When my Manza had an accident recently AC compressor replacement took 3 days as they had to order the product. You are right I was told the same that such parts are ordered only when a customer needs it.
Looks like you have not read my post properly. When i meant advantage for people in Delhi i meant in Maruti cars context since their factory is in Gurgaon and the same advantage i suppose Pune people will have for Tata cars, ford cars for chennai folks and so on!!
Old 8th August 2014, 14:05   #3191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Looks like you have not read my post properly. When i meant advantage for people in Delhi i meant in Maruti cars context since their factory is in Gurgaon and the same advantage i suppose Pune people will have for Tata cars, ford cars for chennai folks and so on!!
Oh yeah. Read it again. I misunderstood what you said. To add I must say 2-3 days of waiting is still acceptable but I have seen people here on forum have waited for 15-20 days for the parts. That's plain ridiculous.

Last edited by harry10 : 8th August 2014 at 14:07.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 19:15   #3192
BHPian

Quote:
That was my immediate response to his post too. Storme's driving pleasure makes one forget the niggles. On the contrary, dont you think its a dampener that the unavailability of parts has become an overtly infamous issue with TASS. Why cant they be a little pro active in procuring the parts and spares from TMIL. Do they really think staying without your car for 15-20 days is easily manageable. I had read somewhere that they compensate you for 2000 bucks a day if your car is kept in the service centre for more than a day or so. Anyone who has been paid so far? And also what if they dont keep the car with them like this particular case but you know that driving it in such a condition might just ruin other parts too. What are the customers supposed to do in this scenario?
True, you are right. TATA needs to improve on this front. However if we compare previous issues with DiCors they have improved a lot, but a lot more is desired by the customers.

I am not aware of the compensation however if you press enough you might get a replacement car for the duration. May be escalations to Tata (that too for a new car) might help.
Old 9th August 2014, 01:15   #3193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunit5 View Post
True, you are right. TATA needs to improve on this front. However if we compare previous issues with DiCors they have improved a lot, but a lot more is desired by the customers.

I am not aware of the compensation however if you press enough you might get a replacement car for the duration. May be escalations to Tata (that too for a new car) might help.
Yes, storme is definitely much better than dicor but come to think of it, it is what it should have been a lot earlier. And we as a customer have got complete right to desire a niggle free product from any manufacturer since we pay for the same out of our hard earned money. Testing the vehicles on the buyers should stop(people will understand which xsuv i am referring to). On a lighter note, how about our bank emi reaching them on time for some time and then start defaulting, on an excuse that we are working on making your payments problem(read:niggles)-free. So please bear with us for some time and wait for the version 2 Will the car makers buy it?
Old 9th August 2014, 06:49   #3194
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, discussion is digressing. There is a separate thread for the points in the last few posts.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2014, 07:01   #3195
BHPian

I just posted an initial ownership review of my Storme. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the thread below and I shall try my best to answer.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153731
psurelia is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks