Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2014, 10:46   #2971
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Your storme looks butch and mean bro..i would have loved to go for white too but my better half has warned me against it for the reason that she has got terribly bored with sitting in my white dzire for the past six years . I have my heart set on sardinia red, only want to see a bit used one to figure out how the colour looks after a bit of use and abuse. Anyways, congrats for your ride once again..

I[/b]
I have seen just one red and one pearl champagne once at Genpact crossing in Gurgaon. No it doesnt do any justice to the butch looks of it. In my opinion, stay away from the red color.

Last week saw a Black Storme with nearly zero visibility sun film on it. The car looked one from the Hollywood Movies similar to FBI etc in their GMC, the guy had probably done something to all the chrome on it and it was shining in all its glory.

In case you are not able to visit Aristo, why dont you call them and ask them to come to your office/home???
garyag79 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 11:17   #2972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
I have seen just one red and one pearl champagne once at Genpact crossing in Gurgaon. No it doesnt do any justice to the butch looks of it. In my opinion, stay away from the red color.

Last week saw a Black Storme with nearly zero visibility sun film on it. The car looked one from the Hollywood Movies similar to FBI etc in their GMC, the guy had probably done something to all the chrome on it and it was shining in all its glory.

In case you are not able to visit Aristo, why dont you call them and ask them to come to your office/home???
U broke my heart buddy (LOL).. Anyways, will forgo Red ..that leaves me with Astern black and Urban Bronze ..despite black being a favourite, I have stayed away from it so far coz of high maintenance n those nicks and scratches showing up even from a mile away (exaggerating) , while UB looks fantastic when new and especially under showroom lights or shade But didn't appeal to me especially under sunlight n after its faded a bit n has scratches ( this one parked close to my office which has gone from bad to worse,esp coz of being parked under sunlight for 3-4 hours everyday )..which of the two do you think would b better and a little easy to maintain ?
Old 1st July 2014, 11:51   #2973
BHPian

Quote:
U broke my heart buddy (LOL).. Anyways, will forgo Red ..that leaves me with Astern black and Urban Bronze ..despite black being a favourite, I have stayed away from it so far coz of high maintenance n those nicks and scratches showing up even from a mile away (exaggerating) , while UB looks fantastic when new and especially under showroom lights or shade But didn't appeal to me especially under sunlight n after its faded a bit n has scratches ( this one parked close to my office which has gone from bad to worse,esp coz of being parked under sunlight for 3-4 hours everyday )..which of the two do you think would b better and a little easy to maintain ?
There's a Pearl Champagne Storme EX, which I see every other day at Bhikaiji Cama Place. Looks great to me!! Will try to get a few pictures.

Last edited by maglev : 1st July 2014 at 11:56.
Old 1st July 2014, 11:58   #2974
BHPian

Quote:
Go with Black, yes it requires maintenance but that IMO translates into spending a couple of hours on the weekends onto it, that is just 1% of your total hours in a week. Check with ebonho on the forum who has a black Storme.

I too was interested in black initially but way back in my kundli a pandit had warned me from having a black car, though I dont believe in all this but since this was going to be my first TATA i kind of took sides with the kundli.
Old 1st July 2014, 13:47   #2975
BHPian

Quote:
I too was interested in black initially but way back in my kundli a pandit had warned me from having a black car, though I dont believe in all this but since this was going to be my first TATA i kind of took sides with the kundli.
Didn't your pundit give any advice when you told its TATA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
There's a Pearl Champagne Storme EX, which I see every other day at Bhikaiji Cama Place. Looks great to me!! Will try to get a few pictures.
Being a proud owner of this rarely appreciated color, I must say its a hard decision to choose between UB / PW / PC / Black storme (Though Red is easy to strike-off your list).
In my opinion each color looks better than others under certain conditions (correct me if you think otherwise), e.g.:

Black: Daytime / street light, shining.
Pearl Champagne: Evening / cloudy / street light, need not be shining.
Urban Bronze: Evening / street light, shining.
White: Night / evening, mud-clad.
Red: In pictures.
YGarg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 14:25   #2976
Senior - BHPian

I don't know why people here want to write off Sardinia red but it is one of the best colour in storme in flash and blood as well.

In fact this colour was there in 2.2 VTT Dicor as mineral red ( edit : don't know how it is different from sardinia but anyway)
and on road looks gorgeous.

Here is an image from T-BHP

Mineral Red vtt dicor GX for comparison

PS : I have quartz black vtt dicor but I think mineral red looks good.

Last edited by amitk26 : 1st July 2014 at 14:38. Reason: sardinia red is the colour not mineral red
Old 1st July 2014, 14:31   #2977
Senior - BHPian

While white is a classic and looks very nice on Safaris, black is one color that really rewards you for your effort you put into it.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 14:31   #2978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGarg View Post
I am wondering why you guys left out Arctic Silver out of all? IMO Arctic Silver is also one of the most elegant color for storme. The reason why i didnt choose silver, my previous car Wagon R was also silver and needless to mention my wife didn't approve this color for storme
lazybrain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 14:44   #2979
BHPian

Quote:
lol...negated one of the risk factors and no didnt go to the pandit when buying the TATA, the advice was given 2 years ago with a lifetime validity.

Red somehow just doesnt go onto the Storme, agree with the Dicor but then it was a two tone combo. In fact I love the combos Pajeros have especially the red and yellow. Silver too is good on Storme.

I guess its a function of the car's shape - base colors for SUVs, bold / funky colors for hatchbacks

OT:

1) Test drove Aria Pure with a colleague of mine this afternoon. He is looking at replacing his Innova and convinced him to look seriously at TATA. Must say that the drive was excellent, short gear shifts, visibly less engine clatter, noise and vibrations compared to Innova and the Storme. However, quality of interior finish I felt is inferior to the Storme. The test vehicle was 1500 km old.

2) On the Ecosport thread, last 2-3 pages discussion is on "Why Ecosport", gave my 2 cents on how Ecosport is a compromise between mind and heart whereas Storme is pure Heart. Is trolling allowed on the forum

Last edited by garyag79 : 1st July 2014 at 14:58.
Old 1st July 2014, 15:07   #2980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
I am wondering why you guys left out Arctic Silver out of all? IMO Arctic Silver is also one of the most elegant color for storme. The reason why i didnt choose silver, my previous car Wagon R was also silver and needless to mention my wife didn't approve this color for storme
Thanks for reminding.. Arctic silver is indeed a good shade, and best at eating-up fine scratch marks and look cool even when dirty.
YGarg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 16:03   #2981
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is that to be done while idling or running ?
Either way is fine. But will add - please do it with a warm engine, since you will in turbo mode at that rpm
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 16:08   #2982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for reminding.. Arctic silver is indeed a good shade, and best at eating-up fine scratch marks and look cool even when dirty.

Finally some appreciation for the colour I picked. Silver is my favourite after pearl white. Looks really good when you clean the car and polish the tyres - the Black and Silver combo looks very good.

Also if you have bought an Lx, in a silver storme, the steel wheels almost blend and look like alloys

Last edited by narayan : 1st July 2014 at 16:18.
Old 1st July 2014, 16:22   #2983
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for your help @Gary and @himanshugoswami . I received a call from Mr.Ajay soon thereafter and we have been trying to fix up a meet may be day after tomorrow. He is more than willing to come down to Noida and offered me a test drive on a relatively new storme.

Quote:
My reason for not buying white is precisely the same (my wife's straight warning- NO MORE WHITES)..when i was waiting for ford ES , i had almost made up my mind to go for silver which looked fantastic in pictures and also in flesh But was disappointed with the cabin space. Then finalised Storme . i would accept that this colour looks elegant and also is relatively easier to maintain for someone like me , but i found the darker shades better and more exciting on a storme ( my personal opinion)

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD.

Quote:
lol...negated one of the risk factors and no didnt go to the pandit when buying the TATA, the advice was given 2 years ago with a lifetime validity.

Red somehow just doesnt go onto the Storme, agree with the Dicor but then it was a two tone combo. In fact I love the combos Pajeros have especially the red and yellow. Silver too is good on Storme.

I guess its a function of the car's shape - base colors for SUVs, bold / funky colors for hatchbacks

OT:

1) Test drove Aria Pure with a colleague of mine this afternoon. He is looking at replacing his Innova and convinced him to look seriously at TATA. Must say that the drive was excellent, short gear shifts, visibly less engine clatter, noise and vibrations compared to Innova and the Storme. However, quality of interior finish I felt is inferior to the Storme. The test vehicle was 1500 km old.

2) On the Ecosport thread, last 2-3 pages discussion is on "Why Ecosport", gave my 2 cents on how Ecosport is a compromise between mind and heart whereas Storme is pure Heart. Is trolling allowed on the forum
Gary , TATA people should keep you on their pay-roll ,atleast unofficially , going by the rate at which people are seriously considering Tata on ur advice. Way to go buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
I don't know why people here want to write off Sardinia red but it is one of the best colour in storme in flash and blood as well.

In fact this colour was there in 2.2 VTT Dicor as mineral red ( edit : don't know how it is different from sardinia but anyway)
and on road looks gorgeous.

Here is an image from T-BHP

Mineral Red vtt dicor GX for comparison

PS : I have quartz black vtt dicor but I think mineral red looks good.
Oh man, please dont do this to me . Whenever i see this colour in pictures, my heart skips a beat . But i'm getting advices against buying this colour .

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Either way is fine. But will add - please do it with a warm engine, since you will in turbo mode at that rpm
thanks a ton . Any advice coming from the veterans is high appreciated

Quote:

Being a proud owner of this rarely appreciated color, I must say its a hard decision to choose between UB / PW / PC / Black storme (Though Red is easy to strike-off your list).
In my opinion each color looks better than others under certain conditions (correct me if you think otherwise), e.g.:

Buddy , please post the pics of your PC storme. Have seen the professionally taken pics of the colour , would love to see how it looks otherwise . thanks

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 1st July 2014 at 17:03.
Old 1st July 2014, 17:50   #2984
BHPian

Quote:
Is that to be done while idling or running
Just my 2 cents - IMO revving the engine to 3000 rpm is convenient (and saves time as well if you are going to office) when in motion than idling. Keep driving the car slow and steady until the temperature needle touches half way mark and after that vroom! Make sure you touch 3000 rpm mark either on 2nd gear or 3rd gear. I do it many times a day for few secs whenever i get chance
Old 2nd July 2014, 07:19   #2985
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
please post the pics of your PC storme. Have seen the professionally taken pics of the colour , would love to see how it looks otherwise . thanks
Here's a pic taken recently :

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-stormedd2.jpg

Last edited by condor : 2nd July 2014 at 07:23.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks