Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2014, 12:46   #2806
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
Forgot to share parting words from my SA which I take as compliments for all the TBHP community:

"Sir ye TBHP waale sawaal bade puchte hein" (with a sarcastic nod of the head)

translated:

"Sir, TBHP members ask a lot of questions"
Out here at least, they do not have the luxury of being sarcastic. Seeing as most Team BHP members at some level or the other would have connections within the factory.

And if there is one thing which scares the crap out of all Tata dealers and service stations, it is Tata itself. It is the balm of all customer ailments. The magic key that opens all hitherto closed locks.

To all Tata product users here (not just Safari or Storme): Please make full use of feedback forms and the after-service feedback calls.

That is one thing that universally works on even the most uncooperative/incompetent service center/staff. Be generous in your ratings when deserved - but wherever not, be sure to rate accordingly. Even things like washing and inside cleanliness.

Works wonders to keep them on their toes and not let them drift into their comfort zone of taking you for granted.

And when necessary, do exercise your access and ability to email. Judiciously.
ebonho is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 22:49   #2807
BHPian

Anyone can shed light on what the 15000km service should cost? I am only talking of routine stuff. And no, I don't have any AMC.
sasi405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2014, 13:47   #2808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
Anyone can shed light on what the 15000km service should cost? I am only talking of routine stuff. And no, I don't have any AMC.
Engine oil - 280 x 7.5 lits
oil filter - 241
air filter - 680
fuel filter - 1600
differential oil - 270 x 2.2 lit

all the above plus taxes + weights cost
narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2014, 23:24   #2809
BHPian

I am back from a self drive expedition with my Storme. We completed more than 7000 km in 10 days, started from MH - GJ - RJ - PB - J&K - Leh and back same way.

Storme clocked total 10249 km in less than 2 months. It went through all sort of roads and weathers and proved its metal.

In all 10 days I just checked all oil levels and tyre pressure. Topped up coolant only once.

Will post more details in separate thread of ownership.

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-odo.jpg

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-lehd.jpg
Thar4x4 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th June 2014, 23:54   #2810
BHPian

Not sure if this was posted here before. [Source: Motorbeam]

"Our sources confirm that Tata is also working on making the Safari Storme more desirable by adding more features and power to the top end ZX variant."

"Earlier last month, the Safari Storme was spotted testing in Ooty and the SUV will be updated with 150 PS of power from the same VariCOR engine that was updated on the Aria. Also expect to see the new Harman infotainment system and a whole lot of features from the Aria to come to the Safari’s cabin. No major changes are expected to the design of the SUV, apart from some mild tweaks."

Full text here
ambujlal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th June 2014, 15:02   #2811
BHPian

Just back from a 700 Kms trip to Kanatal in the truck. Performed exceptionally well while going there however faced a weird issue while coming back. Came back through the worst traffic jams and dirt roads I have ever seen around rourkee and modinagar. The funny thing is, after about 2 hours of driving in traffic jams in 1st and 2nd gear, I could not feel the turbo working at all. The engine became noisy and even through the truck reached a speed of 100 kph, it was a struggle to do so. What could be the reason for this. Also, can dust be a contributing factor here? Need your quick inputs guys.
Old 9th June 2014, 21:05   #2812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
Just back from a 700 Kms trip to Kanatal in the truck. Performed exceptionally well while going there however faced a weird issue while coming back. Came back through the worst traffic jams and dirt roads I have ever seen around rourkee and modinagar. The funny thing is, after about 2 hours of driving in traffic jams in 1st and 2nd gear, I could not feel the turbo working at all. The engine became noisy and even through the truck reached a speed of 100 kph, it was a struggle to do so. What could be the reason for this. Also, can dust be a contributing factor here? Need your quick inputs guys.
Probably overheating. Have the same in my 2.2 dicor. When I run it hard or it runs for s long time the turbo starts working. Obd says that the engine is overheating. Its a failsafe and puts the car in limp mode
Old 9th June 2014, 21:26   #2813
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12Doc View Post
Probably overheating. Have the same in my 2.2 dicor. When I run it hard or it runs for s long time the turbo starts working. Obd says that the engine is overheating. Its a failsafe and puts the car in limp mode
??
That should never happen. No matter how hard you run. If vehicle is overheating there is a problem.
Old 9th June 2014, 21:30   #2814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
??
That should never happen. No matter how hard you run. If vehicle is overheating there is a problem.
Yea obviously there is a problem. My local tass is bad at identifying it and used injectors and other words to make me ward off. Didn't get time to get it checked yet. They want rs 1000 just for OBD and what they do is just clear away the errors without telling what it was saying it won't come back. It's been there since last 40k km. Haven't had a problem yet. Restarting car solves the problem. Spent 6k trying to fix it already with no result ��
Old 9th June 2014, 23:05   #2815
BHPian

At least the temp gauge didn't show overheating! The temp was steady at exactly half point where it normally is. Can it be due to excessive dust that was there on the road which may have caused the air filter to choke? I may go to the Tass tomorrow to get it checked.
Old 10th June 2014, 09:05   #2816
Senior - BHPian

Check if your turbo hose has come loose or developed a leak. This was a common issue with tcic safaris but the Storme shouldn't have this issue
Old 10th June 2014, 09:29   #2817
BHPian

Pardon my ignorance, but have heard that Turbos should be kept on idle for at least 30-45 seconds or so while cold start and before switching off. My friend recently purchased an Ecosport TDCI and I was giving him this advice which he laughed off saying that neither the manual nor his SA adviced any thing of that sort.

Could the above mentioned issue be because of not maintaining the Turbo as I have mentioned above??
Old 10th June 2014, 09:48   #2818
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
...My friend recently purchased an Ecosport TDCI and I was giving him this advice which he laughed off saying that neither the manual nor his SA adviced any thing of that sort...
Don't worry; You have done your part. If he's unlucky, he will definitely come back to you and tell that he should have listened to you.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 09:52   #2819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Don't worry; You have done your part. If he's unlucky, he will definitely come back to you and tell that he should have listened to you.
My dark side actually wants him to be unlucky ;-)....bugger banged my Esteem way back in 2002 while reversing in the college campus and still owes an apology to me for it and I havent forgotten it.
garyag79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 09:53   #2820
BHPian

I normally slow down around 3 to 4 mins before reaching the destination and keep the rpm close to 1.5 and then after stalling keep it on idle for 20 to 30 seconds; so don't think the turbo can fail coz of this. On a cold start I let it idle for 30 sec to 1 min. Hoping that turbo should be fine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks