Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2014, 14:54   #2641
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
Summers in Delhi have started with a vengeance. On a trip to gurgaon today morning I realised what a mistake I made putting art leather (feather touch) seat covers in my truck. When I got out my back was completely wet with sweat. Any way around this (apart from taking the seat covers off for summers)?
Also, the seats, Beige in color are getting dirty specifically the front ones due to being used. How should I clean them? Just water doesn't work!
Same here man. At least they get cleaned easy and I dont have to worry about stains. But yes, they do sweat.
Old 29th April 2014, 15:53   #2642
BHPian

I am planning to put simple towel type tie-on covers for the summer. This will help absorb sweat and at the same time prevent grime on the beige seats. You can also remove them yourself and wash them at home every two weeks or so.
Old 29th April 2014, 16:24   #2643
BHPian

I was in South Africa for a couple of years before moving back to Delhi last year. Drove a C 220 and T-Fort with leather seats during that period. Both cars used to be parked in open and summers used to get quite hot out there. However, never faced this issue of sweaty shirts post ride, inspite of taking long drives in peak summers, including a couple to Namibia (1500 km in 12 hours).

Is this a function of the quality of leather? dont think AC has too much of a role as both cars took that much time only to cool down the cabin at 20C or so using ACC feature.
Old 29th April 2014, 16:40   #2644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
I was in South Africa for a couple of years before moving back to Delhi last year. Drove a C 220 and T-Fort with leather seats during that period. Both cars used to be parked in open and summers used to get quite hot out there. However, never faced this issue of sweaty shirts post ride, inspite of taking long drives in peak summers, including a couple to Namibia (1500 km in 12 hours).

Is this a function of the quality of leather? dont think AC has too much of a role as both cars took that much time only to cool down the cabin at 20C or so using ACC feature.
Its the fact that the material is not real leather, but synthetic. Real leather does not sweat.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 18:50   #2645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
I am planning to put simple towel type tie-on covers for the summer. This will help absorb sweat and at the same time prevent grime on the beige seats. You can also remove them yourself and wash them at home every two weeks or so.

I enquired today. Towel type covers aren't available for storme yet! He told me to get a towel the color of the seats and he will fit it like a seat cover 😜.
Old 29th April 2014, 19:49   #2646
BHPian

Quote:
I enquired today. Towel type covers aren't available for storme yet! He told me to get a towel the color of the seats and he will fit it like a seat cover 😜.
Actually, I'm planning to get the towel type covers stitched. There seems to be a reliable upholstery guy in Old Gurgaon. If not, I have some contacts in Jaipur. Planning to get them done there when I go first week of May.
Old 30th April 2014, 10:00   #2647
BHPian

Friends - please let me know which are the better dealers for Storme in Bangalore. I am visiting Bangalore and plan to kick off discussions with dealers. I have to exchange my petrol swift as well. I plan to visit KHT at Domlur and Concorde at Dairy Circle.

Please advice and also PM me if you have any good contacts at TML dealers in Bangalore. i would be highly obliged
Old 30th April 2014, 11:16   #2648
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
...Please advice and also PM me if you have any good contacts at TML dealers in Bangalore. i would be highly obliged
I think there is a Karthik (SA) at Prerana Motors (?) at Lalbagh road. He is familiar with team-bhp and also have done some good sales to the members here. I have interacted with him and he is a nice fellow.

End of the day, you really need to pitch one against the other to extract the best deal.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 13:24   #2649
BHPian

Quote:
Summers in Delhi have started with a vengeance. On a trip to gurgaon today morning I realised what a mistake I made putting art leather (feather touch) seat covers in my truck. When I got out my back was completely wet with sweat. Any way around this (apart from taking the seat covers off for summers)?
Also, the seats, Beige in color are getting dirty specifically the front ones due to being used. How should I clean them? Just water doesn't work!
You should try Wooden Beads, it helps relaxing and does help in air-circulation for your back.
Old 30th April 2014, 13:54   #2650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
End of the day, you really need to pitch one against the other to extract the best deal.
My favorite negotiation subterfuge.
Old 30th April 2014, 16:15   #2651
Distinguished - BHPian

A good place to check alignment is to check in office basement parkings, where the surface is flat and you will get a fair stretch of straight path that is also flat.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 17:03   #2652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I think there is a Karthik (SA) at Prerana Motors (?) at Lalbagh road. He is familiar with team-bhp and also have done some good sales to the members here. I have interacted with him and he is a nice fellow.

Thanks, I will pay them a visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
My favorite negotiation subterfuge.
I am very bad in negotiations :(
Old 30th April 2014, 20:34   #2653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Storme performing well.All squeaks and rattles gone.AC is proving effective, now that summers are here in Delhi.

Off late, I am noticing momentary power stall with the Check engine light coming on while cruising. A tap at the accelerator makes it go away. But Im wondering what could be the cause. Frequency of occurrence is around 4 times a day.
Accelerator Sensor Malfunction! get it scanned

BTW. I was talking to my Service Adviser a day back on the new Storme. Since Aria already has 150 BHp engine now and it shares the same engine with Safari, It logically meant that Storme will also be upgraded. The Service Adviser did tell me that the new 150Bhp will come by June 2014

Last edited by rajismine : 30th April 2014 at 20:38.
Old 2nd May 2014, 19:05   #2654
BHPian

Finally i got Stormed like all you guys. Got Delivery couple of hours back and my beauty parked in front of my house. (Sorry for poor quality pic since it was taken from mobile and few minutes back post sunset):

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-storme_deepak2.jpg

I will post more pics tomorrow when i get time
lazybrain is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 22:02   #2655
Senior - BHPian

Lazybrain
Many congrats. Is that a pearl white or champagne mica Vx ? Sorry couldn't make out in my mobile device. what plans for ICE ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks