Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2014, 08:34   #2056
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Revving the truck thru all rev ranges help in settling the engine down and clean up the carbon deposits which build up over time. However keep you truck below 2000rpm until the temperature needle climbs to the half way mark, this way you ensure a long engine and component life.
apachelongbow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 09:16   #2057
BHPian

I have started slowly revving the engine upto 3000rpm once in a while. I don't do it all of a sudden; I do it when there is an open road and raise the rpm in the gear that I am in. I hope this way, the engine gets it's exercise without unduly stressing the components. My truck has crossed 650km yesterday.
Old 11th January 2014, 09:57   #2058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
I have started slowly revving the engine upto 3000rpm once in a while. I don't do it all of a sudden; I do it when there is an open road and raise the rpm in the gear that I am in. I hope this way, the engine gets it's exercise without unduly stressing the components. My truck has crossed 650km yesterday.
Sasi, you have absolutely nothing to worry in terms of stressing the components at 3k rpm. My advise would be to stop babying the truck and drive it with an open heart and a heavy foot like its supposed to be. That engine wants to be pushed and it'll put a smile on your face every time you give it that adrenaline rush.
amolpol is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 13:38   #2059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@storme'd: 1. Tyres. 2. Tyre pressures. 3. Diesel engines - recommended to run at about 3000 rpm once in a week, for at least 30 secs to keep things clear inside. How much have your trucks run ? Your keeping your truck at under 2k rpm doesnt really help - unless you want to really stretch the fuel. Go & drive normally. Unless you want to, you wont be crossing 2500 rpm. There is nothing that says you should not exceed 2000 rpm. The red-line is at about 4200 rpm
Both trucks have done around 11K. I will start doing wht everyone here has suggested: rev her up once she's hot and let her get her full of fresh air. Sounds cheesy but worth it. Thanks guys.
storme'd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 22:28   #2060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post

Sasi, you have absolutely nothing to worry in terms of stressing the components at 3k rpm. My advise would be to stop babying the truck and drive it with an open heart and a heavy foot like its supposed to be. That engine wants to be pushed and it'll put a smile on your face every time you give it that adrenaline rush.
Did exactly that today. Good fun! Took it up to good speed (rpm and kmph) at a few stretches on my way back from work (Gurgaon Faridabad Toll Rd). The only problem is you don't realise how quickly you reach high speeds. Thankfully no wife or family in the truck; otherwise would have had to hear a couple of things!
The best part of driving the Storme is how everyone else simply gives way. Even if I slow down to let someone in front overtake first, they just don't go. They wait for you to pass :-)
Old 12th January 2014, 03:52   #2061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
Was meaning to take pics of the head rests in the morning and post them, but somehow got tied up in the morning rush. Will do in the evening, if possible.
Any progress on the photos of the front and middle row headrests bro?
Old 12th January 2014, 09:28   #2062
Distinguished - BHPian

Consistency in a/c cooling

Guys, is any body experiencing inconsistent cooling ? or am I doing something wrong ?

I try to keep the a/c cooling at one setting, at approx 45 degree left of middle position on the dial. The blower is at 1. Recirculation is on. Logically, I should get the same cooling at all times, during running. But it doesnt seem so. Cooling seems to differ each time, even if it at same time of day, on different days. Or even on onward trip vs return trip.

At the same settings as mentioned above, if vehicle is not moving, the cooling is really good. But during running, not so much.

It is not about regular cooling mode vs economy mode.

Last edited by condor : 12th January 2014 at 09:30.
Old 12th January 2014, 09:56   #2063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post

Any progress on the photos of the front and middle row headrests bro?
The front and rear headrests are different. The main difference being the height of the headrest. The rear ones are taller. If you want, I can measure it as well.
Attached Images

sasi405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 10:18   #2064
BHPian

Yesterday I causally visited Kota showroom again, got the chance to compare UB, PW & PC side by side, took n'th TD and ended-up booking an EX in Pearl Champagne by the evening! (Followed by a sleep-deprived night, of course).
It really was the toughest call to decide among the colors, as every shade looked better than the other from some angle. While myself and my wife were unable to decide, my 8 yr old came to help and decreed to buy PC only!
Initially I was hooked to LX, but wife couldn't get comfortable with LX seat, hence EX.
Old 12th January 2014, 10:48   #2065
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ygarg, Congratulations ! When's delivery ?
EX, in PC - familiar ! :P

Btw, I thought there is no difference in the seats of the LX & EX - except the arm rests. Is there any other difference that your wife noticed ?
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 11:18   #2066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGarg View Post
Yesterday I causally visited Kota showroom again, got the chance to compare UB, PW & PC side by side, took n'th TD and ended-up booking an EX in Pearl Champagne by the evening! (Followed by a sleep-deprived night, of course).
Congrats Ygarg. Pls post the details of the current offers for everyone's benefit.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 11:47   #2067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGarg View Post
It really was the toughest call to decide among the colors, as every shade looked better than the other from some angle. While myself and my wife were unable to decide, my 8 yr old came to help and decreed to buy PC only!
Initially I was hooked to LX, but wife couldn't get comfortable with LX seat, hence EX.
Congratulations Garg Saab! Now I have to make trip to Kota to meet you in your new steed! Pearl Champagne is a very nice color. :-)
sasi405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 11:58   #2068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Ygarg, Congratulations ! When's delivery ?
EX, in PC - familiar ! :P

Btw, I thought there is no difference in the seats of the LX & EX - except the arm rests. Is there any other difference that your wife noticed ?
It's the driver's seat height adjust! She also took the test drive, said she'll drive it too if this feature is there and I just couldn't disagree.
Old 12th January 2014, 12:14   #2069
Senior - BHPian

Congrat YGarg. Welcome to the club buddy! I think we are nearing 10 Storme owner on Team BHP now.

P.S. Sasi thank for the photo buddy. Yeah the measurements will really help to clarify matter for me please.

Last edited by ebonho : 12th January 2014 at 12:16.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 12:26   #2070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post

Congrats Ygarg. Pls post the details of the current offers for everyone's benefit.
Thanks narayan.
I got 30 k discount as Jan offer, 15 k discount from dealer incl corporate, and no free insurance. Now EX and LX are coming without music system (strange! can anybody confirm it?). He also informed that there is a price hike of 2% from Monday but committed to charge me for present price only if I book it right now. I know such marketing tricks of these people well, still I booked it for the heart reasons.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks