Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2013, 13:28   #1741
BANNED

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
In days to come, I should be spending more days with this particular Storme & will update accordingly.
Let me hit the nail on the head.

Will you buy the Storme over the Scorpio?

Will you buy the Storme over the XUV?
Old 28th October 2013, 16:38   #1742
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
When did you do this? I just came back from Sikkim via the Purnia, Bhagalpur, Dumka route on 19th Oct 2013,
with family and in the Duster.
Purnia - Siliguri is like 3-4 times a month.

Purnia - Bhagalpur/Barauni are odd runs, though I guess, once a month...

I did it on Friday, 25/10

And when is the next travelogue of yours coming up for Sikkim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal
The roads got bad on the approach to
Baghalpur but the Duster was calm and composed. Rest of the route was just fine.
Siliguri to Kolkata(my house) is 635 kms, covered in a little over 12 hrs.

What was real bad was the onward journey from Kolkata to Siliguri via NH34.
100kms stretch from Malda to Dalkhola took me a little more than 5 hours.
The road condition on this highway is beyond description.
The Duster did scrape twice, luckly I was dead slow.

I did own a Safari, it really munches on potholes but I guess thats how the driver feels.
Whereas a passenger on the back seat feels a lot of body roll though much less compared to other cars of this category.
Is it any different in the Storme?
I am yet to get a drive (either as a passenger or driver) in a Duster/Terrano & I am itching to get myself acquainted with one.

Raigunj to Dalkola is simply horrible, while Maldah to Raigunj is complete in parts (take diversions & keep on changing lanes)

Whereas the Storme is said to have a more modern chassis, I don't think either is separated in terms of roll or passenger comfort. But, I haven't driven the 2.2 VTT Dicor Safari much & I haven't been a passenger on the Storme & after your comment, don't think I will occupy the mid-bench any time soon *wink*

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

In all honesty, it might be between these two & I would wait for the face-lifted Scorpio to hit (rumored in June '14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath
Anyday. Looks (interiors as well) & ladder on frame design seals it in favor of the Storme.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 21:31   #1743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Would appreciate experiences and suggestions please as I need to take a call and really do not want to experiment with my Storme (the scratches are bad enough as it is and a kinife in my heart!).
Well!! A difficult one. Had my car treated at 3M once and I must say that I was happy with the result. As far as 3M vs Waxpol goes, 3M does seem to have a better trained crew, but then, they do charge a bomb. Waxpol on the other had seems to have decent products. In the end, it finally comes down to gut feeling I guess. At the same time, not too many people seem to have tried Waxpol. Do you want to be the first one? Like I said, a difficult one!!
neel385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 22:00   #1744
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

Whereas the Storme is said to have a more modern chassis, I don't think either is separated in terms of roll or passenger comfort.

Anyday. Looks (interiors as well) & ladder on frame design seals it in favor of the Storme.
Yep, the Storme has a modern chassis and comfort is miles ahead of the Safari or the Scorpio.

The Storme has the frame on ladder design like the Safari, Scorpio, Innova, Xylo, Bolero, etc. The XUV is a monocoque like the Duster/Terrano or the Ecosport.

Personal taste on the interiors, but I find the XUV's interiors and instrument cluster garish, whilst the Storme's are decent, yet of good quality.
Old 29th October 2013, 13:00   #1745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
Well!! A difficult one. Had my car treated at 3M once and I must say that I was happy with the result. As far as 3M vs Waxpol goes, 3M does seem to have a better trained crew, but then, they do charge a bomb. Waxpol on the other had seems to have decent products. In the end, it finally comes down to gut feeling I guess. At the same time, not too many people seem to have tried Waxpol. Do you want to be the first one? Like I said, a difficult one!!
Not only is 3M the most expensive of the lot (3M vs Waxoyl vs Wuerth vs Autochrome), but unlike Wuerth and Autochrome, they do not even offer the customary 2 extra wax sessions within one year in adition to the primary treatment.
Old 30th October 2013, 18:42   #1746
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

@Devdath, which one are you buying this Diwali ?
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 18:51   #1747
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Devdath, which one are you buying this Diwali ?
Not the XUV since it doesn't have enough GC and a low range 4WD gearbox which are a must in my next vehicle.

Not the Scorpio MHawk since it has more niggles than Hariya (my Scorpio CRDe of 2007 vintage).

It is either a Storme Vx 4wd or a pre owned Fortuner/Pajero Sport.

This Diwali?? That is tough to specify.
Old 30th October 2013, 19:13   #1748
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This Diwali?? That is tough to specify.
So still a long way off, then ..
Old 30th October 2013, 19:20   #1749
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
So still a long way off, then ..
I intend to sign the dotted line before the end of this year, but since I also on the prowl for a pre owned car, exact timelines are tough to put down.
Old 30th October 2013, 20:22   #1750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
I did own a Safari, it really munches on potholes but I guess thats how the driver feels.
Whereas a passenger on the back seat feels a lot of body roll though much less compared to other cars of this category.
Is it any different in the Storme?
You are exactly right. My guess is that driver always has the steering to hold on to, which kind of dampens the yo-yo effect of the suspension for the driver. And maybe also because the rear passengers are sitting almost directly on the rear suspension.

But that was with the older 2.2 Dicor. The Storme, whenever I have driven it, feels much better in that aspect.
rrsteer is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2013, 23:19   #1751
BHPian

Guys I find my steering too heavy compared to a friends storme. Also lately there is a slight KHAT sound which comes when I cut the car towards the right though I am sure it's not the axle. I think it comes from the assembly.
Another problem which I have been facing since a long time is a whistling sound when I apply the brakes. They clean the brakes, the sound disappears for a couple of days and then it's back again. Can anyone please suggest a long term solution for the same? Thanks.
Old 3rd November 2013, 23:52   #1752
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
Guys I find my steering too heavy compared to a friends storme. Also lately there is a slight KHAT sound which comes when I cut the car towards the right though I am sure it's not the axle. I think it comes from the assembly.
Get your power steering fluid pressure and levels checked. Secondly, a 4WD Storme's steering is harder than a 2WD Storme.

The sound that you mention seems to emnate from a worn out stopper bolt.

A visit to the ASC should resolve your issues.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 00:00   #1753
BHPian

Quote:
Get your power steering fluid pressure and levels checked. Secondly, a 4WD Storme's steering is harder than a 2WD Storme. The sound that you mention seems to emnate from a worn out stopper bolt. A visit to the ASC should resolve your issues.
Devdath, I had taken the truck to ASC who mentioned that the steering is fine; however I feel that mine is heavier. Also, I have a 2WD so no reason why it should be harder.

They had changed the stopper bolt some time under warranty. However as I said the sound I get seems to emanate from the rack and not the tire area. Any suggestions?
Old 4th November 2013, 00:07   #1754
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
They had changed the stopper bolt some time under warranty. However as I said the sound I get seems to emanate from the rack and not the tire area. Any suggestions?
How do you know that the sound comes from the rack?
Can you post a video of it please?
Old 4th November 2013, 03:06   #1755
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Felt the Storme steering effort to indeed be lighter/lesser than that of the Safari for both the equivalent 4x2 and 4x4 variants and a lot lighter than that of the Aria.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks