Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2020, 10:12   #211
BHPian

Re: Maruti Alto 800 : Official Review

Spresso VXi+ has "Seatbelt Pre-tensioner and ForceLimiter (Dr+Co. Dr)" which the VXi doesn't have.
Old 20th September 2020, 14:44   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Spresso VXi+ has "Seatbelt Pre-tensioner and ForceLimiter (Dr+Co. Dr)" which the VXi doesn't have.
True! Precisely why I recommended him VXI(O) which has all the safety additions over the VXi variant.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 23:37   #213
BHPian

This is the quote I am getting for vxi variants of alto and spresso. It is a 60k difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Don't think it will work out to be so expensive. Do get a quote and take a detailed TD once. IIRC difference between the two variant to variant was roughly 50k. Also the S-Presso has good discounts of almost 20-30k.

If looks of the S Presso isn't an issue then for 50k more you get a much better vehicle with better safety(remember, Alto is still on a 20 year old architecture), ride, comfort and engine(there is simply no comparison between F8D of the Alto and K10 of S Presso). Space inside an Alto is at a premium, while the S Presso makes tremendous sense if it has to be driven primarily inside the city. Spending that 50k is completely worth over the Alto.

Opt for VXi(O) variant of the S Presso if you need dual airbags. Going for VXi+ is useless IMO unless you desperately need that touchscreen HU(Mind you, it doesn't get a reverse camera function). Rest everything(including the ORVMs) can be easily swapped later.

Regards,
Shashi
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Alto 800 : Official Review-img20200920wa0015.jpg  

Maruti Alto 800 : Official Review-picsart_092002.41.54.jpg  

Kpzonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 11:47   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpzonwheels View Post
This is the quote I am getting for vxi variants of alto and spresso. It is a 60k difference.
This is for VXi and VXi Plus for Spresso.
The VXi(O) with dual airbags and seat-belt pretensioner would be a little more than VXi as LeoShashi suggested.

I would suggest to take a test drive of both and decide as sometimes what looks good on paper might not translate well to the driving experience.

Spresso has a LOT better rear seat legroom and doesn't look generic is what I really like about it. It stands out for good and bad reasons for different set of people. It does have great road presence for a small car in Orange, Red and Blue colour.

Alto is good for resale, has conventional meter position and possibly lower maintenance than Spresso and lesser body roll.
RavSam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 11:53   #215
BHPian

Yes I enquired about the vxi(o) variant but the dealer does not seem to be keen about selling the particular variant and also they don't stock that variant and they said it will take about 3-4 weeks to deliver the car . Vxi variant of the alto is in stock so I am more inclined towards the vxi variant of the alto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
This is for VXi and VXi Plus for Spresso.

Alto is good for resale, has conventional meter position and possibly lower maintenance than Spresso and lesser body roll.
Old 24th September 2020, 22:29   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I enquired about the vxi(o) variant but the dealer does not seem to be keen about selling the particular variant and also they don't stock that variant and they said it will take about 3-4 weeks to deliver the car . Vxi variant of the alto is in stock so I am more inclined towards the vxi variant of the alto.
It's the same story everywhere. However if you place an order despite all their tricks, you will get the car of your choice in 2 weeks easily. For my city(Ranchi), they get cars in 4-5 days.

Whichever car you choose, do take TD of S-Presso once.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 22:51   #217
BHPian

Due to some last minute budget constraints and this car will be used primarily for city errands,opted for alto vxi variant .we will be taking delivery of the car in two days time.RM shared the VIN and by going through the VIN thread , I am happy to find that it is September 2020 make
Quote:
It's the same story everywhere. However if you place an order despite all their tricks, you will get the car of your choice in 2 weeks easily. For my city(Ranchi), they get cars in 4-5 days.

Whichever car you choose, do take TD of S-Presso once.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 24th September 2020, 23:19   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Due to some last minute budget constraints and this car will be used primarily for city errands,opted for alto vxi variant .we will be taking delivery of the car in two days time.RM shared the VIN and by going through the VIN thread , I am happy to find that it is September 2020 make
Many congratulations.

Do treat us with lots of pics of your new ride. Hope you got the alloy wheel in stock.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 20:56   #219
BHPian

Attaching some pics . Couldn't get the alloys as it was not in stock.
Quote:
Many congratulations.

Do treat us with lots of pics of your new ride. Hope you got the alloy wheel in stock.

Regards,
Shashi
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Alto 800 : Official Review-picsart_093008.01.47.jpg  

Maruti Alto 800 : Official Review-picsart_093008.10.17.jpg  

Maruti Alto 800 : Official Review-picsart_093008.18.30.jpg  

Maruti Alto 800 : Official Review-picsart_093008.19.08.jpg  

Kpzonwheels is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 21:22   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Attaching some pics . Couldn't get the alloys as it was not in stock.
Congratulations brother. Ask them to place an order for the alloys, should come in a week.

Regards,
Shashi

PS: Thanks a lot for the engine bay pic. So happy to see the good old F8D.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 21:35   #221
BHPian

Yes, will ask them to place an order. Thanks a lot brother for the valuable replies. Is there anyway to source a manually adjustable Day/night mirror for the alto??
Quote:
Congratulations brother. Ask them to place an order for the alloys, should come in a week.

Regards,
Shashi

PS: Thanks a lot for the engine bay pic. So happy to see the good old F8D.
Old 30th September 2020, 22:44   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, will ask them to place an order. Thanks a lot brother for the valuable replies. Is there anyway to source a manually adjustable Day/night mirror for the alto??
Yes, IRVM of the Old Gen WagonR is a direct fit. You may order on Boodmo/MGP store. Link to Boodmo: https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-mirr...r_view-6788610

PS: You'll get all details of the swap here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post3882289 ('Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up)

Last edited by Leoshashi : 30th September 2020 at 22:48.
Old 30th September 2020, 23:06   #223
BHPian

Thanks again. I will try the mgp distributor way as boodmo is not delivering anything at the committed time. It just changes the delivery time every now and then. Planning to upgrade the horn as the stock horn is pathetic. Will it affect warranty?
Quote:
Yes, IRVM of the Old Gen WagonR is a direct fit. You may order on Boodmo/MGP store. Link to Boodmo: https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-mirr...r_view-6788610

PS: You'll get all details of the swap here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post3882289 ('Chasing Life' with our Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT (Fire Brick Red). EDIT: 10,000 km up)
Old 30th September 2020, 23:33   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks again. I will try the mgp distributor way as boodmo is not delivering anything at the committed time. It just changes the delivery time every now and then.
This particular part is in stock(notice the stock offer badge on top) so you will get it within the promised time. However it will be expensive than the MGP distributor due to additional shipping charges, but you will get quicker IMO.

Quote:
Planning to upgrade the horn as the stock horn is pathetic. Will it affect warranty?
Yes, your electrical warranty will be at risk if you try anything aftermarket. See if you can locate one of those MGA Horn kits. Their part numbers were 38509M78F00 and 38509M79FD0. Do note that these are discontinued so you cannot order them new. But ask your MGP Distributor to search under "Live stock".

Please check my 800 Thread, I had managed to find one and the effort was worth it.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 1st October 2020, 00:06   #225
BHPian

Placed an order through boodmo for Rs. 733 including shipping charges. Will check with the mgp distributor regarding the horn. Always been fascinating to go through GG's thread.
Quote:
This particular part is in stock(notice the stock offer badge on top) so you will get it within the promised time. However it will be expensive than the MGP distributor due to additional shipping charges, but you will get quicker IMO.

Yes, your electrical warranty will be at risk if you try anything aftermarket. See if you can locate one of those MGA Horn kits. Their part numbers were 38509M78F00 and 38509M79FD0. Do note that these are discontinued so you cannot order them new. But ask your MGP Distributor to search under "Live stock".

Please check my 800 Thread, I had managed to find one and the effort was worth it.

Regards,
Shashi
Kpzonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks