Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2014, 19:58   #406
Team-BHP Support

Re: Chevrolet Sail U-VA : Official Review

General Motors India has announced the launch of the Chevrolet Beat and Sail hatchback Manchester United Limited Edition. The company is celebrating Chevrolet’s shirt sponsorship with the football club.

Based on the LS variant, the Manchester United Limited Edition cars are available in both, petrol and diesel options and cost Rs. 69,000 more than the regular models.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2014, 22:16   #407
Senior - BHPian

Not sure why Chevrolet always put half-hearted efforts when doing something good. The pictures when it was first showcased had black alloy wheels and blackened roof. That added a lot of character to both the cars. Not happy with this ManU version, but the paint quality looks pretty good as compared to the decals of Swift 'RS' version.
Old 6th August 2014, 12:35   #408
BHPian

Hi,

My car's glow plug indicator popped up again. I could able to crack the pattern of it now. If my car has crossed 110 KMPH speed this is coming on the dashboard. If I have reduced my speed to 80-90 KMPH and continue driving for almost 2 hours then this is going off. A weird behavior, I must say. I need to take my car to the service station to check this. Does anyone has observed this in their cars too?

Thanks,
Old 13th August 2014, 10:54   #409
BHPian

Hi Guys,

There seems to be some recall happening without much propaganda. I got a call from Chevrolet dealer to bring my car to the service station as the company seems to have advised them to replace window weather strips for free of cost.

Thanks,
rnidumolu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 10:26   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnidumolu View Post
Hi,

My car's glow plug indicator popped up again. Does anyone has observed this in their cars too?

Thanks,
Check whether your air filter is properly seated inside the box, an improper fitment can give weird signal to map flow sensor which results in glow plug warning, had faced the same issue on my rapid. I scanned with OBD tool using Torq-Pro and traced the issue was with map flow sensor, when I had given the vehicle for first free service the ASS guys had not fitted the air filter properly and I started getting glow plug warning after 2-3K kms exactly like you have mentioned, because the scanner picked up the error code I was able to fix the issue myself, then the error code was cleared using the same app. It should be simple try it.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 19:20   #411
BHPian

Looks like the Sail Twins will get a makeover

source : facebook
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Sail U-VA : Official Review-chevy.jpg  

mi2n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 15:01   #412
BANNED

The new Chevy sail launched

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new....aspx#comments
Old 24th September 2014, 15:43   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Check whether your air filter is properly seated inside the box, an improper fitment can give weird signal to map flow sensor which results in glow plug warning, had faced the same issue on my rapid. I scanned with OBD tool using Torq-Pro and traced the issue was with map flow sensor, when I had given the vehicle for first free service the ASS guys had not fitted the air filter properly and I started getting glow plug warning after 2-3K kms exactly like you have mentioned, because the scanner picked up the error code I was able to fix the issue myself, then the error code was cleared using the same app. It should be simple try it.
Hi,

Can you please advise where to get this OBD scanner? Can you please share the exact details of this product?

Cheers,
Old 24th September 2014, 15:46   #414
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMeMyself View Post
Hi,

Can you please advise where to get this OBD scanner? Can you please share the exact details of this product?

Cheers,
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...dian-cars.html
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 12:18   #415
BHPian

Hi,

I have just got my car tyres changed at 48K. Now I have moved to Bridgestone Potenza AR20.

Thanks,
Old 10th July 2015, 17:55   #416
BHPian

My Chevrolet Sail LS ABS TCdi has clocked 47000KM's till date. On an average my monthly running is about 2000 KMs, I have seen that the Air filter doesnt long last. Currently the Oil service cycle is 10,000KM but the air filter seeks replacement after 7500 KMs. FYI 95% of my drive is on National Highways where dust is negligible.
Now i am planning to get a K&N filter for my car. Has anybody upgraded to K&N, will this be a good idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnidumolu View Post
Hi,

My car's glow plug indicator popped up again. I could able to crack the pattern of it now. If my car has crossed 110 KMPH speed this is coming on the dashboard. If I have reduced my speed to 80-90 KMPH and continue driving for almost 2 hours then this is going off. A weird behavior, I must say. I need to take my car to the service station to check this. Does anyone has observed this in their cars too?

Thanks,
Please check if there is white smoke when the glow plug light pops up. Is there any drop in performance when the light glows?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th July 2015 at 08:20.
Old 29th November 2017, 01:29   #417
BHPian

It's been 3 months since we parted ways with our Chevrolet Sail U-VA. Don't know if the date is a coincidence, but I was remembering this car today.

We acquired it back in March 2013, on quite a hurry. We had sold our last car, without having even booked a new one. We went through various models, and ending up with a Sail LS-ABS Diesel, because this was the only variant readily available.

It's been quite a heck of a time with this car. The room inside and the sheer practicality of it, coupled with the affordable pricing, service and overall owning experience.

This car holds a special place in my heart. After I learned driving and got my license in 2015, this was the car I have personally honed driving on. I remember my parents being too worried initially about letting me take the car, and now after some time, I'm just like their backup driver I remember the dings and scratches achieved, the abuse taken. Could proudly say this was a solid workhorse.

I've driven this car roughly 8000-8500 km, out of its total 39000 km when we sold it.

Its true that parting with this car was purely for the sheer itch to get a new car. Among all the cars we've owned, this has been the most reliable one till date. Absolutely no breakdowns, no major repairs, no faults, this car has taken all the abuse and came out shining.

Adieu, old friend. You'll always be special to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Sail U-VA : Official Review-sail.jpg  

Last edited by ts1506 : 29th November 2017 at 01:31.
ts1506 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 12:45   #418
BANNED

Sorry for reviving an old thread.
I would like to know, if anyone aware of any independent grarage in Bhubaneswar, Odisha who can take care my Dad's 7 year old Chevy Sail-UVA. Apparently, the lone ASS has been affected badly by the pandemic and is not very much confident inspiring.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks